• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Connext losing preset radio stations

Pro Build

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Is it normal for my connext to lose "ALL" preset radio stations every time I turn battery switches off?

Pro Build

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Instead of the preset channel it has the number and "Err"'. Between this and hours out of sync, I guess it is a sign.

AboveTheBest

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Maybe your boat wants you to join the Marine Corps...

Weeb

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
My clock doesn’t stay set but the presets do.

Pro Build

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Out on the water today, stopped to look for whales, turned the radio on and what do you know, my preset channels are all there with no errors. Never know what's going to happen with the Connext.

Pro Build

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Old post, I know, any chance anyone has had the issue(please see picture) with all preset radio stations and preset rider/drive settings disappearing after turning off battery switches for only 30 seconds. Last year the radio stations came back at some point of outing(don't know exactly when as I didn't have the media screen displayed). Is there a memory wire possibly not connected. Thank in advance. If anyone has a picture of their battery connections for the exact same boat as mine, please post.

Attachments

grywlfbg

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I haven't used the radio presets (FM reception is terrible so I just stream from my phone) but I do lose the drive control settings every time. Someone posted here somewhere (Super helpful, I know) that it is a known wiring issue that can be fixed by your dealer. I was going to tell them about it when I go in for my 10 hour service.

Edit: there's discussion in this thread:

Pro Build

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I haven't used the radio presets (FM reception is terrible so I just stream from my phone) but I do lose the drive control settings every time. Someone posted here somewhere (Super helpful, I know) that it is a known wiring issue that can be fixed by your dealer. I was going to tell them about it when I go in for my 10 hour service.

Thank you for replying, and if anyone has or gets this resolved, please post the fix regardless if it's by the dealer or not.

Scrodee

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Please do share the details of the fix! Would prefer to fix it myself as the dealer is 100+ miles away...

Pro Build

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Today I found a way to retrieve preset radio stations. If I go to media And touch source and then turn off radio and then turn radio back on all my preset stations come back. However I can't find anything to make the clock or the rider settings stay once batteries which is have been turned off

Pro Build

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length

Playing around with the connext, I just discovered something that works for me. First thing is turn both battery switches on and after the connext is up and running turn your Ignition key on. Now you can set your clock and your rider controls and save everything and it will stay if you do the most important thing, and that is do not turn off your battery switches until you've turned the key off and the connect has shut down, after that you can turn your batteries switches off. And the next time you turn the battery switches on and they connects comes on, all your setting should still be there. The most important thing is to make sure your key is on when you're making adjustments and changing settings and make sure you do not turn your battery switches off until you've turned your ignition and the connexts has shut down, very important. Give this a try and please let me know if it works for you or anybody else. Never shut your boat down by turning off your battery switches. Always toggle the Ignition switch on and off to shut everything down before you turn off your battery switches. Again battery switches should never be used to turn connext off.

Pro Build

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
If you just want to listen to the radio, turn your Ignition switch off and the connext screen will shut down and then you can turn your start battery switch off and go to the Stern of the boat and turned the radio back on from there. This will save your start battery from being used and discharged and it will only run off of your house battery.

grywlfbg

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Thanks for chasing this down. I think I turn the key off before I flip the battery switches but I can't say for sure. My boat is snugly under its cover right now so I'm not a good position to test it out but will flag this thread for when I wake her from her slumber :)

grywlfbg

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Just to follow up on this. The process from @Pro Build here: #12 is working for me. As soon as I get the cover off I turn on the battery switches. Then I load everything/everyone up. Then install the lanyard and turn on the ignition. When I come back in, once the hoist hits the hull I turn off the ignition. Off load everyone/everything. Then as I'm walking backward, installing the cover, I flip off the battery switches. My drive control presets have stayed put all season.