• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Considering removing graphics..

Brad460

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Thinking about removing the graphics from our 2019 AR210 for two reasons- 1) they are cheap/thin and peel off just looking at a pier. Our first time out on the boat the side touched the pier and peeled off a small piece. 2) I prefer a cleaner looking boat- not big into graphics.

That being said, before I peel them off I want to be happy with the sizing of the Yamaha 3D lettering I plan on using. Also want to mock something up to show the wife..

Anyone have quick dimensions of the OEM Yamaha 3D emblem on the side of the 212?

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
's funny you mentioned this. I just had the conversation with the wife about this last week, and I decided to remove them as well, but I'm gonna wait a bit and use them as sacrificial items. It'll give me a chance to see where and how I need to pay closer attention to the boat when I tie up. I know for certain the front decal will be coming off before next year, as it's just not large enough even for protective purposes.

Brad460

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
's funny you mentioned this. I just had the conversation with the wife about this last week, and I decided to remove them as well, but I'm gonna wait a bit and use them as sacrificial items. It'll give me a chance to see where and how I need to pay closer attention to the boat when I tie up. I know for certain the front decal will be coming off before next year, as it's just not large enough even for protective purposes.
I’ll peel mine off and put the larger Yamaha emblem and then you can see how it looks. Also, I already peeled that front decal off to see how easy they come off- very Easy!

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I’ll peel mine off and put the larger Yamaha emblem and then you can see how it looks. Also, I already peeled that front decal off to see how easy they come off- very Easy!
It should come off pretty easy, since they've only been on for, what, 6 months now? :D

Were you planning to place the larger Yamaha emblem on the lower section, like the 212 Limited in the pic above? What about the Yamaha emblem just underneath the tower? Were you gonna remove that one also?

djetok

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
It should come off pretty easy, since they've only been on for, what, 6 months now? :D

Were you planning to place the larger Yamaha emblem on the lower section, like the 212 Limited in the pic above? What about the Yamaha emblem just underneath the tower? Were you gonna remove that one also?
We did ours while we floated on the during a hot day. Went back and removed residue later that we could not get off. That was after they had been on after 2 years

Brad460

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

Plan is to also remove the Yamaha emblem under the tower and just put the larger one like the 212..

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I can't keep up the charade, it looks terrible 😜

I just told the wife I can't wait to see her nekkid... and got hit when I said I meant the boat!

Matt Phillips

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Mine are getting closer and closer to being removed as well. Fenders along the sides have created wrinkles in them, and I see that the port-side one is starting to peel off from the stern.

To remove it, do so on a warm day, use a hair dryer to heat it up and peel it back bit by bit. Goo-gone will remove any residue...

Then throw a couple coats of wax on it.

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I'm all for removing graphics. It makes a big difference, especially with older boats. There is just no way to do a proper buffing with the graphics in the way. Removing them gave me the ability to restore the shine. Before and after pics.

0916161621.jpg

20170415_141627.jpg

20170525_171756.jpg

20170610_200746_1.jpg

Last edited: