• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Cool sale on Cobra Venom Ultimate steering & E Z locks for Yamaha jet boats

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Sorry this sale ended DEC 30 2015

Last edited:
I have the complete AK system already priced low because it is new, although it is very costly to produce, $324.25 is the buy direct discounted price on my web page for the entire setup.
If you have questions just email me jeff@cobrajetsteering.com

Last edited:
So if I were inclined to consider a special on the magnum AK series at the same price, how many people would be interested .
The inventory is low this time of year because it is the end of the season, So I would need to see if it would viable to restock.
These are model specific for the new 2015 and 2016 articulating keel 24 foot boats, ONLY!
If you are unfamiliar with this system you can go back to this thread for info, https://jetboaters.net/threads/cobr...wing-you-the-magnum-a-k-steering-system.6093/
or this one https://jetboaters.net/threads/hnfd.6228/#post-106693

Last edited:
Damn Jeff!!! You are selling the Ultimates too cheap!!

You forgot, "Void where prohibited." :)

I can speak only to the EZ LOCKS, but they are great. Never an issue and very easy to use. If you don't have 'em, you need 'em.

Gotta tell ya' Jeff, as much as i dislike the "articulating keel" (RUDDER) that AK setup is mighty sweet! Nice Job! And I agree with tdonoughue, EZ LOCKS are great!!

Thanks guys, I am also looking into adding the Magnum A K series to the sale.

I'm real tempted to go for the AK because it just looks so right, just need an incentive. I hate the odd looking off set tie rod with the current 240's, but I've not actually drove my boat yet so no idea how it handles, plus, I'm spending way too much :(.
I also agree Jeff, your products are already very competitively priced :thumbsup:.

I just noticed that comment about being void where prohibited also size may vary with stimulation.

Any chance you can include the magnum AK series in the sale @Cobra Jet Steering LLC ?

Good news, I have confirmation that extra parts are being shipped to me to allow me to add the Magnum A K series to this SALE at the same price .
You must email me with your request and please add the state you are in when you send me the email.
jeff@cobrajetsteering.com

The bad news please be patient if replies are a bit slow.
My dad is in Hospice at the BAY PINES V.A.CENTER in St Pete FL. he was not expected to make it this far so it's been hectic here for the past few days.

Important point of interest on the EZ LOCKS.
If you already have the pin fix and you want to replace the pins with EZ LOCKS, I make an adapted set of EZ locks just for that application however you MUST tell me when you order because the pins are 3/16" od and usually use a 13/64ths" hole.
Compared to the EZ LOCKS 1/8 " od and use a 9/64ths" hole.
The EZ LOCKS pin the parts together, therefore excess slop in the hole could possibly defeat the entire process.
To adapt the EZ LOCKS .
We place 3/16"od spacers on the ends of the locks to match the larger holes used for the pins.
Also you "ONLY NEED ONE" lock for each clean out plug .
With EZ LOCKS you do not need to fumble around trying to place the lock on the plug after you put the plug down in the tube .
You simply place the EZLOCK on the plug with the T handle up in the released position before you even place the plug in the tube.
After the plug is in place you push down on the T handle to lock the clean out plug, the EZ LOCK closes and tells you the plug is in place and locked.

Great deals on easy locks and fins.
I just purchased a set of easy locks on the special deal. Jeff was great and my twin engine set of easy locks is on its way at a huge savings.
Huge savings on cobra jet fins as well. I am a no fins guy myself but it you ever thought about adding them now would be the time.

THANKS JEFF!!

Received my EZ Locks today. Hope to get out there this weekend and try them out. Saturday looks windy but Sunday looks like 68 and little or no wind. Just trying to squeak out a few more days here in the mid-atlantic.

Just a reminder, you can still take advantage of the sale prices for the Ultimate system, the magnum A K series, and the EZ locks.
To qualify for these prices you must email me jeff@cobrajetsteering.com be sure to include the state you live in and the boat model you have. Thank you.

Good news, I have confirmation that extra parts are being shipped to me to allow me to add the Magnum A K series to this SALE at the same price .
You must email me with your request and please add the state you are in when you send me the email.
jeff@cobrajetsteering.com

The bad news please be patient if replies are a bit slow.
My dad is in Hospice at the BAY PINES V.A.CENTER in St Pete FL. he was not expected to make it this far so it's been hectic here for the past few days.
Jeff, Love you products and have several.
Sorry to hear about your dad. I wish you and your family the best during this difficult time.

I want to thank everyone for their condolences regarding my dad passing away and their patience with me being distracted the past few weeks. My dad was laid to rest last Friday next to my mother at Bay Pines veterans memorial park, with a proper military honors.
This man took in 4 children that were not his, he legally adopted those of us who wished to be adopted and provided us with a home and a family.
He made a promise to me when I was 13 years old," probably due to me constantly hounding him to get a boat" That he would purchase the motor if I saved my money and purchased a boat.
That was 50 years ago.
I honestly doubt that he believed for a minute that a 13 year old would be able to earn enough to purchase a boat , Little did he know how driven I was to have my first motor boat so I could water ski and hang out at the beach impressing the girls.
I delivered newspapers on my bicycle every day and circulars for local advertising companies, plus that gave me first shot at any boats that people were selling via those sources.
I finally found a 14 foot boat with a trailer without a motor for $100 dollars, that would be like a thousand dollars today. He kept his word and purchased a used 40 hp. Evenrude, plus he rented a summer wet slip so I could ride my bicycle to the marina every day during summer vacation to use the boat.
I took that boat out nearly every day pulling local kids skiing to earn gas money, 50 cents to pull a skier and gas was only 23 cents a gallon, so I always had gas in the tank and money for lunch. In any event here I am still playing on the water and living in a state that accommodates boating all year long.

I now have plenty of Magnum A K series, the stand alone second tie rod kits those include the hardware to install the second tie rod the stainless ends and stainless lock nuts plus they are pre set so you probably will not need to adjust them.
We also have the EZLOCK SETS and plenty of Ultimate systems in stock to continue this sale. The second tie rod kits are for anyone who is interested in just adding another tie rod to balance out the steering system without adding any extra steering .
I have also heard from some dealers that the steering cable on the right side has been mysteriously breaking on several of the 24 foot A K boats similar to the one in this post , https://jetboaters.net/threads/on-the-water-and-lost-steering-on-starboard-engine.7631/ The kit for just adding a second tie rod to the A K twin engine boat is shown below. The price for this will be $169 and later if you decide to purchase the steering as a stand alone purchase since you already have the tie rod the price will also be $169 . however if you purchase the combination during this sale the price will be 279.98 with free shipping in the U S A.
Remember the tie rod ends are also stainless not aluminum .
,A.K.tie rod stand alone 002.JPG

Last edited:
Back