• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Here’s a rundown and sequence of events of why the WHO should not be trusted or US aid funded in the future. It is an opinion piece but the timeline of events is legit and you can find that in other sources.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That's the who guy that's in China pocket isnt it?
As far as I'm concerned anyone with the WHO is in CCP's pocket. They downplayed this thing so bad they are equally as guilty as China.

I should have bought land long ago instead of a crapload of motorcycles and toys.
I hate reading comments like that.

That January WHO tweet appears to be remarkably f@cked up. Keep in mind however WHO is a sprawling, decentralized, hugely busy organization that, as such, is bound to produce weird $hit every now and then, yet they have stringent and effective peer review processes in place that for the most part work excellently. We wouldn;t have infectious disease and cancer care we know - without the WHO.

Their manuals provide the basis for the ICD codes (international classification of diseases) which is used EVERY TIME you step into any kind of medical facility.

Do you tally T's tweets the same way? The sheer numbers of his "off the wall" comments would probably dwarf WHO's falsehoods by at least 1,000 fold. Yeah, lets get rid of WHO - and go back to middle fucking ages.

--

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Here’s a rundown and sequence of events of why the WHO should not be trusted or US aid funded in the future. It is an opinion piece but the timeline of events is legit and you can find that in other sources.

Dude, why don;t you stick with what you actually know and understand.
WHO role is not it.

--

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
There is no way you read any of that when I just posted it. Put your quick fire emotions aside and tell me how or why they downplayed the info MONTHS after it was originally reported in Wuhan? Are they really that slow to react, just that inept or something far worse? Why did they not listen to Taiwan? Why did they wait so long to declare a pandemic? Why did they take CCP word as truth when CCP is known to hide the truth as they are an oppressive regime? Their name is World Health Organization but please tell me based off their recent public appearances and horrible handling of this shit show do they have or show the worlds health in their best interests? So you’re ok with WHO officials saying officials should go into homes and split up families based off a test? A test mind you that by your own admission you said aren’t 100% accurate. You support that kind of thinking? If so that’s fucking nuts and very brown shirt like.

#changemymind

Last edited:

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
There is no way you read any of that when I just posted it. Put your quick fire emotions aside and tell me how or why they downplayed the info? Why did they not listen to Taiwan? Why did they wait so long to declare a pandemic? Why did they take CCP word as truth when CCP is known to hide the truth as they are an oppressive regime? So you’re ok with WHO officials saying officials should go into homes and split up families based off a test? A test mind you that by your own admission you said aren’t 100% accurate. You support that kind of thinking? If so that’s fucking nuts and very brown shirt like.

#changemymind
If you had any idea whatsoever of the enormity of the task that has fallen into WHO's docket in this crisis you would probably spare caustic words inn their direction, as a whole it is an organization with an excellent track record of improving human health.

I have no explanation to why any of the WHO officials would cite particular comments, and many of them are not the best experts, many are volunteers, it is a mixed bag to say the least. I surmise they put out the information the member state officials provide, it's not a WHO spin, its how free flow of information works.
The Chinese are not the worst. WHO deals with corrupt officials all over the world all the time. Just think about Ebola outbreaks in sub-Saharan Africa, there is corruption there that probably has no equal.
At the end, peer review process is used to sort out all those threads of information and consensus opinions are then usually formed and subsequently published as official documents. For the most part, those are excellent quality and medical experts around the globe including in the US rely on those.

But go ahead and spin your conspiracy theories with no in-depth understanding of the process because we all have so much time to read those.

--

Last edited:

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
So no comment on them suggesting to go into peoples homes and separate their families based off a test that’s not 100% or checking my temperature? People will not stand for that in the US. If it were to happen I can guarantee the amount of lives affected and lost in civil unrest would far outweigh this virus. Those are dangerous words that WHO official spoke of. No spin. No conspiracy theory. It’s all there in their own video I posted earlier.

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hell.... I just thought the interview was funny where he was refusing to say anything about china and pretending to loose connection... it's so bad it comedy!..

@swatski , I seem to have made some
Of the same comments about trump being in the position he is in and having to make giant unprecedented choices that will have a massive and long range effect on lives and to give him credit for having to make those choices weather anyone agrees or not. Credit has to be given to the position and the choices made.

Much the same can be said for who. I never said a word about their regulations or procedures or what not. But that interview tickled me...... they even called him back. I think he thought the camera was zoomed in close enough to him that no one could see his arm move to cut the call. The guys a little weird and I know weird... either that or this world stage is a little big for him.. it happens. In pro sports they like to say, the lights were too bright, when a rookie chokes.

Anyway, phasers on stun! We will all get through this. And our grand kids will learn about it in school and ask us what it was like. Untill then we can just talk about how fords absolutely suck ass and dodge rules! MOPAR!

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Hey now .... don’t go talking bad about my Ford! :D

She’s been a good truck and better than my Chevy trucks I’ve had in the past. We only had one Mopar but started having electrical issues. I love the new Ram interiors but I like not having a payment better.

PS, never buy a Nissan!!!!

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hey now .... don’t go talking bad about my Ford! :D

She’s been a good truck and better than my Chevy trucks I’ve had in the past. We only had one Mopar but started having electrical issues. I love the new Ram interiors but I like not having a payment better.

PS, never buy a Nissan!!!!
Dude... I have h web right to talk crap about fords.. my dumb ass went out and bought a 06 6.0 diesel. Mine has never let me down but I like tinkering with stuff amd getting ahead of issues. I do however also own two dodge durangos... and they have only had lite issues.

But I did just buy a used nissan murano! Where were u when I was looking at that?

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hell.... I just thought the interview was funny where he was refusing to say anything about china and pretending to loose connection... it's so bad it comedy!..

Of the same comments about trump being in the position he is in and having to make giant unprecedented choices that will have a massive and long range effect on lives and to give him credit for having to make those choices weather anyone agrees or not. Credit has to be given to the position and the choices made.

Much the same can be said for who. I never said a word about their regulations or procedures or what not. But that interview tickled me...... they even called him back. I think he thought the camera was zoomed in close enough to him that no one could see his arm move to cut the call. The guys a little weird and I know weird... either that or this world stage is a little big for him.. it happens. In pro sports they like to say, the lights were too bright, when a rookie chokes.

Anyway, phasers on stun! We will all get through this. And our grand kids will learn about it in school and ask us what it was like. Untill then we can just talk about how fords absolutely suck ass and dodge rules! MOPAR!
Well spoken! amen to that.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Haha damn now I feel bad I said something about Nissan lolz

My wife had a 2013 or something Altima. Worst.vehicle.ever. Hopefully your Murano will not be anything like what we dealt with on her car. It was our first time trying Nissan and it left a bad taste in our mouths and I don’t think we will try them again. She went back to Honda (newer CRV) and it’s been nice!

My Ford ironically dropped the tranny just before the power train warranty expired lol. Now somewhere in the 220k range and she’s still going good. Of course she hasn’t been driven in over a month but not complaining as it’s saving me a crapload of gas :D

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Full disclosure... my wife has always wanted a mustang gt 6 speed.... this Aptil 15th is 25 years dealing with my ass.... towards the end of the year I am gonna buy her one! (Tried to talk her into a challenger srt but no go!) CORONA. (Just to keep on topic)

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Why not a new C8 Vette instead? YOLO

They sexy AF ....and finally handle!!!

Oh and ‘Rona didn’t kill Jeffery Epstein

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Haha damn now I feel bad I said something about Nissan lolz

My wife had a 2013 or something Altima. Worst.vehicle.ever. Hopefully your Murano will not be anything like what we dealt with on her car. It was our first time trying Nissan and it left a bad taste in our mouths and I don’t think we will try them again. She went back to Honda (newer CRV) and it’s been nice!

My Ford ironically dropped the tranny just before the power train warranty expired lol. Now somewhere in the 220k range and she’s still going good. Of course she hasn’t been driven in over a month but not complaining as it’s saving me a crapload of gas :D
I have a ‘12 Maxima. Love it. Just rolled over 200k miles all hwy miles. 120 mile round trip commute.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Maybe we just won the recall car of the year award when we signed the papers on i...I don’t know but ours had a lot of little issues and the recalls were constant. The CVT tranny on that car was pretty bad too. The Honda CVT feels light years better and I’m not even a fan of CVT transmissions. We had the Altima for 4 years and it just wasn’t for us. I’ve had friends who had older Maximas and Z cars without issue. We just won’t take that chance again based off all the issues we had with it. Probably should have tried to lemon law it but thankfully we parted ways with it after it went airborne from hitting something in the road.

Glad y’all are having better luck from them. Not sure what my next truck will be. Waiting to see what Ford does to beat out the Ram interior.

GTBRMC

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
This is a bit unnerving. Looks like a fair bit of extrapolation based on one relatively small data set, but if true, this will make getting the world reliably back to work (before populatioms are vaccinated) much more difficult. Key finding: based on early-ish Wuhan outbreak data, R0 is not about 2.2 as has been estimated, but is closer to 5.7. Ouch.

Bearsar240

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

MOPAR slow car rather drive NO car!😃

I_squared_r

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Nissan had a really bad run of altimas especially in the 2000's. It left a bad impression for everyone. I never thought i'd buy a Nissan but last year I bought a 2010 Nissan Pathfinder that fit all my requirements. I like the truck with the exception of the bad gas mileage for a V6.

Status
Not open for further replies.