• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
On a lighter note, remember when you could go out and get a haircut....those were the best of times my friends
Theres a mobile guy in my area that comes in a big van/mobile barber shop......going to get that set up really soon ;)

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
On a lighter note, remember when you could go out and get a haircut....those were the best of times my friends
Going from every three weeks at the barber to now, I'm pretty much a hippy at this point.

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
My hetero domestic partner started noticing my hair length a week ago. She reminds me all the time how she told me to get a haircut before shutdown. I argued that I just had one the week before. I'm starting to look like one of those Duke boys from Hazzard.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
OMG, the last haircut I had was Feb 10th. I'm dying over here. Just had a conference call with my boss. We finally got webcams shipped in so it's not just voice only. I haven't shaved in almost as long, and he hasn't seen my face in almost 4 weeks. He was genuinely surprised and had to do a double take when he saw me.

I also can't stand the heat it holds onto the top of my head. I hate this crap.

I'm about |...| that far from putting a thicker guard on the dog shears and getting after this mop on my head.

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
I've been cutting my hair for years; #2 on the sides and 4 on top. Wife trims the back. Easy peasy...

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I've been cutting my hair for years; #2 on the sides and 4 on top. Wife trims the back. Easy peasy...
How do you fade between the two? That is really the hardest part that I'm worried about.

I usually do a #3 on the sides, and finger length scissor cut on the top (mostly because it comes with a head shampoo at the local salon, and that is my version of a spa treatment).

If we can figure out how to fade it, I might give it a shot.....Then talk my wife into washing my hair in the sink with some of her fancy shampoo

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
How do you fade between the two? That is really the hardest part that I'm worried about.

I usually do a #3 on the sides, and finger length scissor cut on the top (mostly because it comes with a head shampoo at the local salon, and that is my version of a spa treatment).

If we can figure out how to fade it, I might give it a shot.....Then talk my wife into washing my hair in the sink with some of her fancy shampoo
Gotta laugh. On the Today show they were talking about people cutting their own hair. They showed Carson Daly cutting his with a famous hair stylist instructing him on the phone. Funny as all hell to watch.

I cut from bottom up and just slightly turn at the top following your headline and then straight out. It blends pretty well. I also gel the top to flatten it down as I have the straightest hair in the world (similar to a porcupine). LOL...Sorry if TMI 🤣

I_squared_r

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
So some bad news and good news from NYC..

My friend knows 2 people that died in his neighborhood.
My friend from high school lost his great uncle.
My friend's dad lost his cousin.
My friend's coworker is 32 years old and has intubation+respirator.
NJ is now allowing people from international medical schools to volunteer at the hospital. My good friend from Bolivia has applied to volunteer.
Another friend is a medical assistant and they distributed tests for coronavirus antibodies. She has the antibody already. They are testing people all day every day.
My brother and friend have got together $6000 so far and are creating face masks and intubation boxes for the hospitals.
At 7PM everyday, people are honking horns, setting fireworks, cheering, kids are hitting pans, fire house horns are going off, all in support of the heroes in this pandemic. It's kind of crazy how many people are participating.
My friend's sister is a ER nurse and she posted videos yesterday, on the way to work she was surrounded by fire fighters and police that were cheering them on as they went to work.
I see restaurants and bakeries donating a ton of food to the hospital. On the Astoria IG account there is SO much food being donated.
In solidarity, countries are sending doctors to other countries to fight this.

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Personally I'm going for a "Tom Hanks when he's leaving the island from Cast Away" look.

F.M.

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
I wish I had hair. :(

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
We haven't eaten takeout or been to a restaurant since the beginning of March. Lots of home cooked meals and somehow I'm shedding weight so it's a win win.

Last edited:

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Personally I'm going for a "Tom Hanks when he's leaving the island from Cast Away" look.
I shaved my beard earlier this week so I could wear N95 mask. I have had a long beard at various lengths for 5-6 years lol. It feels.....um freaking weird to feel my skin and see my throat and chin again :D. I hardly recognize myself. When I came out of the bathroom from shaving my dog flipped out and didn't recognize me. He started barking and acting all aggressive like I was an intruder :D

Last edited:

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Yea no kidding. Before too long this might be how my wife cuts my hair and I'll end up like Pony Boy :D

GiddYupJoe

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
NA
Damn I’m glad I have this outlet of individuals to hang with while quarantined. Well shit... I have actually never met any of you in person.. sorta like I have been quarantined for the past 8ish years. Thanks! Random thought over...

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
1 of 3 hospitals in the US currently trying this gas they used back during SARS.

mdchachi

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
I don't know about Michigan, but our local Menards has limited shopping to 2 people per "party" and nobody under 16 in the store at all.
They do that here now too. I think it started about a day after the second letter from the Attorney General. Perhaps concidence. She was probably not the only person they were getting heat from.

mdchachi

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
At the risk of getting flamed a bit and trying to keep politics out of it, does it seems like IF the R0 number is that high, then likely this thing was here long before January 21 and the rate of asymptomatic people is much much higher than we know? The first human to human transmission case occurred here in Chicago at the end of January, a woman traveled home from Wuhan and gave it to her husband. Wouldn't it spread just as fast here as New York City? Currently Chicago's biggest hospital system is nowhere NEAR even close to alert levels for running out of supplies or equipment (confidential inside info so I'll leave it at that). There are stories of people showing up to donate blood in small communities where 60 people are tested, none of whom have symptoms, 67% of which have the virus. Guys, I know this is serious, and I am not trying to downplay anything, but just what are we really accomplishing by sheltering in place AFTER this thing is very universal? There have been numerous stories of folks contracting this without coming into contact with a KNOWN case, but it had to come from somewhere. Could we in fact be beyond the real height of this thing?

Some other interesting statistical oddities include the number of pneumonia deaths this season are dramatically lower than in previous years. Are these cases being reported as Coronavirus deaths? We know not everyone dying has a test, especially early on. Some people were told no by health departments when they asked for tests for deceased family members. I apologize and don't want to "trigger" anyone with my statements here, but if we can't air our opinions and occasionally vent here then what's the point of a forum? Maybe it's only me, and I risk a lot of push back for saying it, but feeling a bit angry that through all of this we aren't even allowed to talk about plans for putting our economy back to work. Coronavirus is dangerous, of course. But what happens in 6 months when people don't have health insurance or money for other necessities?
I think it's clear we are not beyond the peak. The daily numbers coming out leave little doubt. As to what happened in Chicago, I can't say. Maybe they were much better at tracking and containing early cases. Or maybe they were lucky not to have any super-spreading incidents.
I agree while the firefighting at hand is important, there needs to be better guidance about the after-peak situation.
Personally I think we need a cheap antibody test asap so we can easily tell who has already been exposed and should be able to get back to work. I know there are plans for this but I have not heard any strategy from my state leaders. Even if they are not sure, it would be nice to hear the scenarios they have in mind.
I couldn't find a reference to an incident where 67% were found to have the virus. Regarding figuring out how widespread it is in the community, the CDC is just starting studies of that now.

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Yea no kidding. Before too long this might be how my wife cuts my hair and I'll end up like Pony Boy :D

Haha we just watched this movie last week!

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
We haven't eaten takeout or been to a restaurant since the beginning of March. Lots of home cooked meals and somehow I'm shedding weight so it's a win win.
Saving $$ too...That's nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.