• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
“Federal Reserve Chair Jerome Powell warned Thursday against prematurely breaking from social distancing practices as President Trump and other administration officials hope to reopen swaths of the economy by May.

Powell said that while it was "time to have a serious conversation" about how to restart normal economic activity, the Fed chair warned against causing a spike in coronavirus cases that forces the U.S. into another stretch of business closures and layoffs.”

This guy Powell strikes me as pretty no nonsense. he certainly knows a thing or two about the economy and what’s best to stave off a disastrous prolonged recession.

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Two of my Navy buddies have been ordered by their companies to remove Zoom from their work computer. Both hold pretty high up management positions. One is a Systems Software Program Manager for Carnegie Mellon who deals with mostly defense contracts, and the other is a logistics manager for Siemens.
One of my employers still encourages zoom use, with some restrictions. The other banned it outright weeks ago, it’s all skype (for business version).

Last edited:

GTBRMC

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
This is a tough, emotional read. But brings another perspective worth considering. May be NSFW for some.

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
it should be but how much is a life worth? how many lives are worth my freedom, how many lives are worth the devastation this will cause to the living, if saving lives were the priority we would change so many other things in our society that take and change people.
Your FREEDOM???? Do you know how many people died to give you/our/me freedom? Millions I'm sure and millions more over time. Freedom is always worth fighting for. I see it being, in normal times, greed is the root of all evil. When this happens people get screwed, hurt and even die. This virus is none of that (I pray it isn't). Unfortunately many more people will die (including others trying to save the infected). IMO greed has a lot to do with this in the states. The US is now the leader with the most infected. This is more than 4 times the number of other countries. Why?

Rant over.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Smart move but creates all sorts of issues if people start to work before the end of the school year, in terms of child care.
We have the same thing here. IN schools are closed for the remainder of the academic year. I'm at home for at least another few weeks. Once that is over, I'm unsure what we're going to do. His "normal" summer routine is to stay with the YMCA at the school buildings during the week. We've not yet heard how that is going to work out, as our YMCA membership is currently suspended due to closure.

We're just kinda rolling with it at this point, taking it a day or week at a time, and adjusting as we can. We'd drive ourselves insane trying to be in constant fire-fight mode otherwise.

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
The US is now the leader with the most infected. This is more than 4 times the number of other countries. Why?
China's numbers are a hundred times what they publish.

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
China's numbers are a hundred times what they publish.
I agree fully. Honestly I don't trust them ("them" is the government - not the people) But what's being reported, the US is over 5 times China. Still this does not excuse the US at all. We are the greatest nation on earth (largely due to us being free) and this is absolutely ridiculous what is happening. I hope and pray this is a wake-up call to all Americans. We need to understand what and why this is happening.

Remember, once you're dead, you're dead. Even the Great Houdini could not pull that one off.

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Meanwhile...
me, working from home:
1586455967430.png

--

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We are the greatest nation on earth (largely due to us being free) and this is absolutely ridiculous what is happening.
While I agree that this current predicament is ridiculous, this speech (even though it is clearly dramatized) still rings true for me in large ways.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@BigN8

I've been pondering this post and your words for a week now. My most outraged thought after a week......You are 100% correct, and I was incorrect. I stood to defend my position despite it being the wrong one. Outrage towards the person that reported me was NOT the way to respond. They were doing what they thought was right, and in the safest way they knew how. While I disagree with the reporting, they should be free to do so as they please, and it cost me nothing more than a few minutes of time talking with the local officer.

My apologies for the rant and the attacks pointed towards you. Just wanted to circle back and put that out there publicly.

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
While I agree that this current predicament is ridiculous, this speech (even though it is clearly dramatized) still rings true for me in large ways.

That was good. Thank you for sharing. I like what he said and feel he's right in a lot of ways. Still couldn't help while listening, greed is not something to be proud of.

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@BigN8

I've been pondering this post and your words for a week now. My most outraged thought after a week......You are 100% correct, and I was incorrect. I stood to defend my position despite it being the wrong one. Outrage towards the person that reported me was NOT the way to respond. They were doing what they thought was right, and in the safest way they knew how. While I disagree with the reporting, they should be free to do so as they please, and it cost me nothing more than a few minutes of time talking with the local officer.

My apologies for the rant and the attacks pointed towards you. Just wanted to circle back and put that out there publicly.
Hey man, all good here. You're a better man than most for this post right here. And, I have been guilty myself of not seeing the other perspective.

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Winning is no longer cool, that's why. It's way hipper to be a victim now. Spend more than 5 minutes with a 13 year old and their friends, all they want to talk about is who's problems are worse and who takes what meds for what mental ailment. It really breaks my heart to say it but we (as Americans) have lost our will to excel. Hard to say it without sounding arrogant, but I've spent 20 years in the same field, never went to school. I figured out that nowadays you really don't have to do much to excel. Show up, put in hard work, and have common sense and you've just bested 90% of our population. Imagine where we would be if this wasn't the case?

Wisefam22

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I'm 7 pages late into this convo, but @Betik I havent seen much around atlanta. No ill will towards anyone based in where they are from.

Everyone, well most are upset at Gov Kemp for waiting to long to lock down the state or keeping state parks open/beaches open.

Personally I enjoyed the beach being open as we went camping last weekend and took the boat. It was not packed at all.

I encourage people to get outside as much as possible if it means not getting all the kids school work done the time spent as family is more important and getting outside will be big help for every family.

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
My youngest daughter Bailey is in Rhode Island, she was supposed to start grad school next month and the plan prior to all this mess was to vacation with us here in NC. Thats been derailed obviously so now we have to wait much longer to see her again(its been 4 years since we've been face to face) .
Our oldest is in Willmington with our 2 grandchildren which we usually have staying here every other weekend. Because my wife works in a hospital with infected Covid cases we wont let them come over at all. My dad is in Palm Bay FL and is 70 and still works 3 days a week for Publix in the deli.
The hardest part of this is not having them close by and together
I will say after all this i will treasure all my time spent with each of them more

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
My youngest daughter Bailey is in Rhode Island, she was supposed to start grad school next month and the plan prior to all this mess was to vacation with us here in NC. Thats been derailed obviously so now we have to wait much longer to see her again(its been 4 years since we've been face to face) .
Our oldest is in Willmington with our 2 grandchildren which we usually have staying here every other weekend. Because my wife works in a hospital with infected Covid cases we wont let them come over at all. My dad is in Palm Bay FL and is 70 and still works 3 days a week for Publix in the deli.
The hardest part of this is not having them close by and together
I will say after all this i will treasure all my time spent with each of them more
I was born and raised in RI; still have lots of family there. Where is/will she be going to school? What is she studying?

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I was born and raised in RI; still have lots of family there. Where is/will she be going to school? What is she studying?
She goes to URI she lives in Narragansett with friends. She is going for her masters in physical therapy medicine. And knowing her she will continue for her doctrine. She is go getter like her old man.

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I'm 7 pages late into this convo, but @Betik I havent seen much around atlanta. No ill will towards anyone based in where they are from.

Everyone, well most are upset at Gov Kemp for waiting to long to lock down the state or keeping state parks open/beaches open.

Personally I enjoyed the beach being open as we went camping last weekend and took the boat. It was not packed at all.

I encourage people to get outside as much as possible if it means not getting all the kids school work done the time spent as family is more important and getting outside will be big help for every family.
You guys down south don’t know how good y’all have it. Here in the People’s Republic of IL it’s 40 and snowy today. We had an 80 degree day Tuesday, 65 yesterday and this today. It is MISERABLE to be restricted to home and can’t even spend time outside or use the 21 feet of social distancing goodness sitting on a trailer outside due to the weather. Ugh warm weather save us!

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
PA just closed schools for the rest of the school year, next my bet is our idiot Governor extents the lockdown for the rest of the state beyond this month.
The closed schools here 2 or 3 weeks ago for the year. Y'alls schools have been open this whole time?? We have been doing online classes (not via Zoom) since last week I think. I'm glad as it keeps the kids out of school busy and keeps their minds sharp instead of degrading what they were learning for the remainder of the school year.

Status
Not open for further replies.