• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
The closed schools here 2 or 3 weeks ago for the year. Y'alls schools have been open this whole time?? We have been doing online classes (not via Zoom) since last week I think. I'm glad as it keeps the kids out of school busy and keeps their minds sharp instead of degrading what they were learning for the remainder of the school year.
IL has been out of school since Mar 15 maybe. Originally, we were supposed to go back Mar 30. Then a day or two before that came, they extended the closure to Apr 30. We've been doing elearning stuff, as well. I don't anticipate we will actually go back this year.

MO just announced today that they are closing schools for the rest of the school year.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I think the 13th was last day for us but they didn't formally announce school closed for the year until a few weeks ago.

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Smart move but creates all sorts of issues if people start to work before the end of the school year, in terms of child care.
My wife and i be workin. No day care no grandparents should watch kids. It's exciting.
So far has worked out time wise. I think if e-learning goes next year my wife will either kill the kids or just say oops forgot to so all the school.

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Essential workers. Bout ready for an essential vacation.

ripler

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
The closed schools here 2 or 3 weeks ago for the year. Y'alls schools have been open this whole time?? We have been doing online classes (not via Zoom) since last week I think. I'm glad as it keeps the kids out of school busy and keeps their minds sharp instead of degrading what they were learning for the remainder of the school year.
No they've been out for a while doing homeschooling and the Governor just didn't make the official decision to keep them closed for the rest of the school year until today.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Essential workers. Bout ready for an essential vacation.
Speaking of, I wonder how @tabbibus is doing? I haven't seen him post lately. Hope he is getting some rest when he can and wishing him the best! If you see this hang in there man and y'all have all of my deepest support and respect! Stay strong!

Last edited:

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Evolutionarily speaking, it makes sense - humans did not evolve to live past reproductive age of about 30-something years, lol.
I am putting a tremendous effort into staying in a perfect reproductive age!!!! and you know what they say... practice makes perfect.

Geoff Cooper

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Geoff Cooper - what's the daily life like in thailand now?

@rkim808 - how about the island
Hi Scott
Thing's are tightening up here, Leisure activities stopped ie not boating only commercial fishing so just being sensible and staying around my home finding jobs to do, I just brought a smashed Waverunner 3 so keeping busy fixing that and getting it back together, I always enjoy a challenge, Beaches are nice a clear as there closed to the public, Road blocks on all main roads into the cities and many tourists stuck here no flights so you can imagine how busy the immigration office is doing visa extensions, My village isn't much different from normal market is open every morning and night but masks worn and people being good nature and sensible so plod on as normal and keep safe, Hows tricks over there ?

20200202_140211[1].jpg

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Here's the line to get into the local Sam's Club this morning. Hoping the 6ft separations are making it look worse than it is.

IMG_20200410_085056.jpg

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Speaking of, I wonder how @tabbibus is doing? I haven't seen him post lately. Hope he is getting some rest when he can and wishing him the best! If you see this hang in there man and y'all have all of my deepest support and respect! Stay strong!
Thanks brother. I actually got to be out for a week. Back in the ICU Monday.

IMG-20200409-WA0023.jpg IMG-20200408-WA0025.jpg

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Here's the line to get into the local Sam's Club this morning. Hoping the 6ft separations are making it look worse than it is.

View attachment 115567
They are doing that here as well at the Walmart’s. I don’t think this makes things safer honestly. It forces people to stand around in close proximity when otherwise you wouldn’t be. I get it that they are trying to limit the amount of customers inside but I think handing out those vibrating things you get at a restaurant when waiting for your table to be called would be better and keep people in their cars while they wait.

They banned hanging out in the large open green spaces at parks here but yet they allowed people to still use the narrow walking paths. Makes no sense as that just forces more people into a tighter, more confined area.

Last edited:

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
County Judge closed our golf course Monday. Said it was too dangerous to walk on the course with another golfer and play golf. But, it's open for walking and biking to the rest of the people now. WHAT??? Seriously? And the cherry on top, is ClubCorp is still billing us for full club dues with no relief.

But, I can go to Chic-Fil-A and order a sandwich from the teenager standing 3 feet from my window with no mask. I can go to the liquor store and stand in the bourbon isle within 2 feet of the next schmuck trying figure out what bourbon he's going to numb the pain with. I can go to Lowe's and buy mulch while loading it right next to the other bored ass dude buying mulch......But, to play golf pushing a cart outdoors is WAYYYYYYYYYY to freakin hazardous!

Sorry, rant over. I just got my club statement last night and it made my blood boil.

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
They are doing that here as well at the Walmart’s. I don’t think this makes things safer honestly. It forces people to stand around in close proximity when otherwise you wouldn’t be. I get it that they are trying to limit the amount of customers inside but I think handing out those vibrating things you get at a restaurant when waiting for your table to be called would be better and keep people in their cars while they wait.

They banned hanging out in the large open green spaces at parks here but yet they allowed people to still use the narrow walking paths. Makes no sense as that just forces more people into a tighter, more confined area.
Six feet is no match for a good breeze...

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Just throwing this out there as I was doing some freelance research on the subject earlier today. This CDC resource is phenomenal in that it's giving us numbers, not opinion and hyperbole.

Interpreting the tables is actually pretty straightforward. I prefer the second table down the page, it compares the total deaths from all causes, flu, pneumonia, and flu with Covid positive as well as pneumonia with Covid positive. It even goes as far as telling us what the expected number of deaths are during the given weeks from the previous 2 years. The shocking takeaway so far? Only 1 week has over 100% of expected deaths for the week, and it was back in late Feb. I hope everybody on this thread gets a chance to browse it and come to their own conclusions from the official data.

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Six feet is no match for a good breeze...
I was reading (can't remember where) that researchers are finding this virus can actually float around a little. What do you think? It kinda makes sense. I don't think it's heavier than air so it would get pushed around. If that's the case, wearing a mask outdoors should be mandatory. Makes sense, right?

GiddYupJoe

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
NA
Another Creative use of pool noodles. Ha. Practicing “Safe” distancing.
CF8A186F-7A50-4577-BA88-4DF731C4E45D.jpeg

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
County Judge closed our golf course Monday. Said it was too dangerous to walk on the course with another golfer and play golf. But, it's open for walking and biking to the rest of the people now. WHAT??? Seriously? And the cherry on top, is ClubCorp is still billing us for full club dues with no relief.

But, I can go to Chic-Fil-A and order a sandwich from the teenager standing 3 feet from my window with no mask. I can go to the liquor store and stand in the bourbon isle within 2 feet of the next schmuck trying figure out what bourbon he's going to numb the pain with. I can go to Lowe's and buy mulch while loading it right next to the other bored ass dude buying mulch......But, to play golf pushing a cart outdoors is WAYYYYYYYYYY to freakin hazardous!

Sorry, rant over. I just got my club statement last night and it made my blood boil.
But are the tennis courts still open ??

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
The Governor of Vermont has just extended the "stay at home" order to May 15. That happens to be the day the Marina opens...Optimistic thoughts.

20200410_112627.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.