• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

GTBRMC

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
This thread has become increasingly political. Certainly this pandemic has many political dimensions, but this topic can be discussed without leaning in that direction.

Those who were around when this site was founded certainly recall that one major difference from the other site was much, much less politicization of threads here. This has continued in the years since, allowing all members to enjoy sharing their passion for jetboating in an environment where all feel comfortable participating. There are thousands of places on the Internet for political discussions and arguments, this community is not one of them.

Please consider this as I ask all to refrain from politics in this thread and anywhere else on this site.

My two cents, anyway. Note I am NOT a mod, but I want to see this site continue to welcome all and not devolve into yet another caustic 'net cesspool. Carry on.

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Maybe we need a new forum section...The cesspool. and when the thread goes to crap, it can be moved there? Only members can see it? (We can't be judged as a site by this content, how sad)

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
i
Crying In A Corner GIFs | Tenor

It will be alright soon.
Yep. Looks like things are going to get sorted pretty quickly, indeed, I think we have reached the point where you just can not unsee the reality.

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
This thread has become increasingly political. Certainly this pandemic has many political dimensions, but this topic can be discussed without leaning in that direction.

Those who were around when this site was founded certainly recall that one major difference from the other site was much, much less politicization of threads here. This has continued in the years since, allowing all members to enjoy sharing their passion for jetboating in an environment where all feel comfortable participating. There are thousands of places on the Internet for political discussions and arguments, this community is not one of them.

Please consider this as I ask all to refrain from politics in this thread and anywhere else on this site.

My two cents, anyway. Note I am NOT a mod, but I want to see this site continue to welcome all and not devolve into yet another caustic 'net cesspool. Carry on.
I would say you are right.
I'm happy to have any/all of my posts removed that may be dubious in that regard, and apologize for those transgressions, now that I see the @hillarioperes masterpiece is gone.
I think I'll just stick with pump and venturi threads, before you guys kick me out, I wouldn't like that, this is my favorite place on the internet, lol.

--

crazy4life

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I would say you are right.
I'm happy to have any/all of my posts removed that may be dubious in that regard, and apologize for those transgressions, now that I see the @hillarioperes masterpiece is gone.
I think I'll just stick with pump and venturi threads, before you guys kick me out, I wouldn't like that, this is my favorite place on the internet, lol.

--
Not your fault that you can post pure political bullshit. When someone else posts their political bullshit and it is deleted by the moderators of this so called non political forum. This is where the problem is. Why are all political posts not removed from this thread? This is not the first time that you have posted political bullshit in this thread and it was allowed to stay up. If the place is going to censored it should be total and absolute.

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Are you doing your part? Are you hitting the Report button? Remember mods do this for fun too, so this crap wastes their time in addition.

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Not your fault that you can post pure political bullshit. When someone else posts their political bullshit and it is deleted by the moderators of this so called non political forum. This is where the problem is. Why are all political posts not removed from this thread? This is not the first time that you have posted political bullshit in this thread and it was allowed to stay up. If the place is going to censored it should be total and absolute.
You make me feel special. I'm firmly to the right of the median of a political spectrum here, but I must admit to a certain level of clown-intolerance.
Just hit the report button, I can't help otherwise, I'm not a mod and will never be one, lol.

--

crazy4life

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Are you doing your part? Are you hitting the Report button? Remember mods do this for fun too, so this crap wastes their time in addition.
Sorry not a rat just pointing out blatant double standards.

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Overall this is an easy going group at JB.N but occasionally a thread gets out of hand. The mods. try to just let things sort themselves out but sometimes it's not that simple and the thread just gets closed because some don't know when to stop. I would hate to see that here because there is a LOT of useful info here in this thread. There's also some funny stuff and some that is political but not to the point where it becomes an issue. Sometimes a post is not intended to be political but just the way that information comes out it is all wrapped together. The main thing is not to intentionally post something that is political based only and starting a total mess of political banter back and forth because it leads nowhere but a closed thread

Last edited:

crazy4life

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
You make me feel special. I'm firmly to the right of the median of a political spectrum here, but I must admit to a certain level of clown-intolerance.
Just hit the report button, I can't help otherwise, I'm not a mod and will never be one, lol.

--
And who would be the clown you are referring too?

ripler

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
It's obvious to me why certain things are allowed to stay and why certain thing are deleted, all you have to do is look at the content of the things that stay.

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

crazy4life

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
No you are not, you are pointing out what you don't like.
Use the report button, it's not ratting.

--
How about you don't post political bullshit and then I don't have to use the report button and tell mommy. I have no problem with your posts. My problem is with posts getting deleted because whoever has the power of the edit button doesn't not like a certain post. I fought for my country for your right to your opinion. I also fought for the guy whose opinion does not meet your personal narrative. If we start censoring only statements that we do not agree with we might as well just hoist up the flag of fascism. This is my opinion and I earned my right to have it.

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I give up. You win.
I'm not going to post anything with any political taint, it really does not work, and I feel pretty stupid!

--

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Seems to me like you're here to stir things up. Is that your intent? Why? Please bring something valuable to this forum and post. Otherwise, please stop.

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Seems to me like you're here to stir things up. Is that your intent? Why? Please bring something valuable to this forum and post. Otherwise, please stop.
Actually, I think @crazy4life is correct here, there is a reason the forum is supposed to be a-political and a-religious.
My bad, I overreacted to something that just screamed ignorance at me. Probably more than once.

Sorry.
I guess working from home is not a great thing for everyone, lol

EDIT: I'm going f@cking crazy.

--

Status
Not open for further replies.