• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

CoVID-19 / SARS-CoV-2 Information and Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

the MfM

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Good luck, hope it goes ok.

Have you had covid before? My experience was annoying but not too scary.
Thank you.

Haven’t had so much as the sniffles in 2 and half years. So far it’s been a normal cold. Symptoms since Thursday but didn’t test positive until Sunday.

We are one of the families that always suspected we had Covid-19 before it was known…My son who has never missed a day of school or been to a sick child dr appt was bedridden for the better part of two weeks in February of ‘20. I got whatever he had then and had a bad “cold” for a week or so but the exhaustion lingered for a few weeks.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length

Farny

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Centurion
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

the MfM

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Who’s going to get the new omicron specific booster once it’s available?

Thermobrett

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
I plan on it. I contracted the latest variant a couple months back after dodging all the previous ones. Both first shots and the first booster. Symptoms weren’t to bad for me but hit my wife pretty hard.

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I'm undecided, human trials are not yet complete (or even any early data). The new strains covered (ba4/5) already seem to have (recently) peaked - what will the prevalence actually look like once fall/winter comes around, and if something new is dominant are we any better off than with just the old ones?

the MfM

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I'm undecided, human trials are not yet complete (or even any early data). The new strains covered (ba4/5) already seem to have (recently) peaked - what will the prevalence actually look like once fall/winter comes around, and if something new is dominant are we any better off than with just the old ones?
As of yesterday healthcare facilities no longer need to isolate covid patients. Covid cases will spike.

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
As of yesterday healthcare facilities no longer need to isolate covid patients. Covid cases will spike.
Cases will, yes, the question is, will morbidity and mortality spike as well? At the current state of affairs, case count is the least important thing. No longer is case count strongly associated with M&M. Time will tell.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
I'm not... I'm done with this stupid thing! My post-Covid life began many months ago.
That is why they introduced MonkeyPox! New and improved!

the MfM

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other

the MfM

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Million dollar cash reward for defending science. @Bruce I’m going to nominate you for next year.

It’s crazy what’s coming out now. A lot the “misinformation” that was banned is now fact

AZMark

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
So Fauci has investments in mutual funds that did worse than the market, he has a salary well below most specialized drs that also lead large organizations for 30+ years and he got an award from a private foundation.

Sounds like that watchdog should find better things to do with its time.

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Anyone who had any money invested or owned property during the pandemic saw their net worth rise significantly through the end of 2021.

GTBRMC

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Anyone who had any money invested or owned property during the pandemic saw their net worth rise significantly through the end of 2021.
In nominal $US, yes.

But let’s look at the macroeconomic facts:

US monetary policy explosively opened the valves, increasing M1 money supply by over 400% very, very quickly…

4115E351-E84A-4D43-876A-6521A4829BC4.jpeg

US fiscal policy explosively opened the valves, increasing the national debt by over $8,000,000,000,000 very, very quickly…

933E5A08-9345-4B13-BA8C-DA04F4821A32.jpeg

And we are already feeling the results of these major structural economic policy shifts in the form of highest-in-40+ years inflation plus asset bubbles popping, S&P is >20% off highs at end of period you mentioned…

12EE990B-3E56-45C0-9AA0-A6F6EA69F437.jpeg

…and commodities futures suggest real estate bubble is popping right now…

E3955AE0-E63D-4C6A-9FB7-C3351E4F7063.jpeg
The data does not suggest any evidence of COVID-19 and the global response to it having any lasting financial benefit (other than some short-term winners and losers). Quite the opposite. Also, inflation reduces both real purchasing power and real value of assets, net-net.

The money supply expansion alone telegraphs we have only just begun to drink the toxic macroeconomic cocktail mixed over the last 2.5 years.

GTBRMC

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Fixed it for you,
and there you have it
TBH, it started under Trump and continued under Biden, so I consider it a DC stupidity thing, not an R or D thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.