• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

CoVID-19 / SARS-CoV-2 Information and Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim_in_Delaware

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Fixed it for you,
and there you have it
It simply is not accurate that the National Debt has risen 8 trillion dollars under Biden.

1664666400048.png

This data would suggest a 7.9 trillion dollar increase from 1/1/2017 to 1/1/2021 and a 2.9 trillion dollar increase from 1/1/2021 to currently.

Jim

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
In nominal $US, yes.

Sorry, but none of that matters or is germane to the conspiracy theory at hand that Fauci did what he did to increase his net worth. This is a simple story, and you seem to have missed the cutoff in both the article and what I mentioned in my post. Through the end of 2021 is the key phrase. Everybody who had money invested saw it skyrocket, and over the last 10 months this correction has put it basically back on course had that runup not occurred.

GTBRMC

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Sorry, but none of that matters or is germane to the conspiracy theory at hand that Fauci did what he did to increase his net worth. This is a simple story, and you seem to have missed the cutoff in both the article and what I mentioned in my post. Through the end of 2021 is the key phrase. Everybody who had money invested saw it skyrocket, and over the last 10 months this correction has put it basically back on course had that runup not occurred.
I read the story before I posted. From memory: It states that ~$900K of Fauci's gains were from investment appreciation. It does not say, with any specificity, where the whole ~$5M gain came from. Was it appreciation of real estate holdings? Was it a surge of honorarium dollars? Was it something else? Article does not appear to address the overall issue that it seems to imply. If it does, then yes, I missed that.

the MfM

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other

Farny

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Centurion
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

Farny

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Centurion
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
He is quoting a peer reviewed study, so yes More than this author’s medical background

Robert Turner, Founding Editor
Robert is a Founder of Medika Life. He is a published author and owner of Cre8tive Digital Media. He lives between the Philippines and the UK. and is an outspoken advocate for human rights. Access to basic healthcare and eradicating racial and gender bias in medicine are key motivators behind the Medika website and reflect Robert's passion for accessible medical care globally.

the MfM

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Two weeks to flatten the curve! Homemade face diapers will protect everyone!!!

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Follow the money. If folks profit personally from selling NFTs or OTC meds by being the face of a brand, for an otherwise cheap product... Away from their area of expertise.... Can you really trust them?

How about the other interesting topic of cars in China ballooning? Can you say restrictions don't work when they worked this long? But to what outcome? I think flatten the curve made plenty of sense when hospitals were unable to handle capacity, but people jumping out of windows to their death should tell you "you went a little far with the potency."

One thing we are no longer doing ever is seeing eye to eye and acknowledging the attempts were made in good faith. A policy maker could be wrong due to inability to predict the future, not malice. Take the kind view when looking in hindsight.

Last edited:

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

Jim_in_Delaware

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
One could find conspiracies wherever they want, but I personally see nothing wrong with royalty payments going back to NIH for research they have conducted and made available to the industry. The royalties to NIH are monies that can then be used to fund future research leading to new scientific breakthroughs.

Jim

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Good idea. Lets start here.

Patent payments for inventors are perfectly normal and reasonable whether those inventors work at a private company or the NHS.

This may provide useful perspective on your link.

crazy4life

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Patent payments for inventors are perfectly normal and reasonable whether those inventors work at a private company or the NHS.

This may provide useful perspective on your link.

Why are they secret. Payments made to public employees should never be secret.
By your logic if people funding a research project with your tax dollars get millions in payments from the very same companies they are funding and then kept secret those payments is perfectly ok with you. Well i guess we will disagree on that subject.

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Why are they secret. Payments made to public employees should never be secret.
By your logic if people funding a research project with your tax dollars get millions in payments from the very same companies they are funding and then kept secret those payments is perfectly ok with you. Well i guess we will disagree on that subject.
NIH patent payments are not secret or the data would not be available to the public. I do agree that greater public disclosure would be good just as the GAO does. More detailed disclosure could be helpful to reduce the conspiracy theories and hatred around these payments.

I am not a fan of the way that taxpayer money is used to develop medical treatments through NIH, DOD and other organizations, then commercialized and sold to Americans at higher prices than the rest of the world. This is a major issue, not with the scientists at NIH but with the the greedy corporations that commercialize those treatments and the lack of willingness by Congress to force consideration of taxpayer contributions in drug pricing.

crazy4life

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
NIH patent payments are not secret or the data would not be available to the public. I do agree that greater public disclosure would be good just as the GAO does. More detailed disclosure could be helpful to reduce the conspiracy theories and hatred around these payments.

I am not a fan of the way that taxpayer money is used to develop medical treatments through NIH, DOD and other organizations, then commercialized and sold to Americans at higher prices than the rest of the world. This is a major issue, not with the scientists at NIH but with the the greedy corporations that commercialize those treatments and the lack of willingness by Congress to force consideration of taxpayer contributions in drug pricing.
Please stop with the disinformation. The payments are secret. They only identify the person and the frequency of the payments. The amount and what company made them are SECRET.

"NIH is heavily redacting key information on the royalty payments. For example, the agency erased 1. the payment amount, and, 2. who paid it! This makes the court-mandated production virtually worthless, despite our use of the latest forensic auditing tools"

Since you are the KING of google searches could you please tell me how much Francis Collins, NIH director from 2009-2021, was paid last year in royalty payments and who they were from.... Patiently waiting your answer.
As a matter of fact please tell me what any employee of the NIH (who work for us the taxpayer) received in royalty payments from what company and the dollar amount. Since it was 350 Million Dollars from 2010 to 2020 it should be easy to tell us.

Please enlighten us all with your google wizardry.

Here is the actual information provided by the NIH after a federal lawsuit to produce this info. No amounts and no company names. This is just 1 of the 1200 pages provided bty the NIH. The other 1199 pages look just like this one.

Screenshot 2022-12-31 1.33.05 PM.png

Last edited:

crazy4life

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
One could find conspiracies wherever they want, but I personally see nothing wrong with royalty payments going back to NIH for research they have conducted and made available to the industry. The royalties to NIH are monies that can then be used to fund future research leading to new scientific breakthroughs.

Jim
The royalties are not going back to the NIH. They are being paid as income to the scientists who are co-holders of the patents. Are they being spent on hookers and blow by these guys? Don’t know the answers to that question but one thing I am sure of is that they are not donating it back to the NIH.

Please read the redacted documents provided by the NIH. All 350 million dollars in royalties were paid to individuals. But your disinformation sure does sound better.

I guess that the millions in royalties paid to NIH Scientists from the drug pushers that destroyed am entire generation of our youth with the scrounge of opiates is okey with you. I bet the parents of the thousands of the dead care about it.

Jim_in_Delaware

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
The royalties are not going back to the NIH. They are being paid as income to the scientists who are co-holders of the patents...

Please read the redacted documents provided by the NIH. All 350 million dollars in royalties were paid to individuals. But your disinformation sure does sound better.
This isn't true. From the article that YOU linked, "We estimate that between fiscal years 2010 and 2020, more than $350 million in royalties were paid by third-parties to the agency and NIH scientists – who are credited as co-inventors." From NIH's website, "Inventors receive the first $2,000 collected from a licensee. Next, they receive 15 percent of royalties above $2,000 and up to $50,000. Finally, they receive 25 percent of royalties in excess of the first $50,000 collected each year. Each inventor cannot receive more than $150,000 in royalty payments for a calendar year."

I have no problem with the royalty concept. However, the NIH needs to be a lot more transparent with what monies are coming in and to whom. You can find out the pay of any federal employee unless they are involved in national security, the same should hold true with royalty payments.

Jim

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@crazy4life, this will not cure your hatred for Dr. Fauci but it will clarify that the conspiracy theories spinning in your head are not financially viable. I hope you will read and consider this reporting from a center rated publication.

As for NIH reporting of patent royalty payments changes would be need to made through Congress although I doubt they would ever arrive at a system that makes everyone happy. Patent royalties are necessary to keep skilled researchers in government roles. I believe that keeping science in medicine is important despite many like you wishing to abolish it.

Farny

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Centurion
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@Farny is your disinformation video referring to this study?

If so you might want to read this plainly written summary and reconsider the harm that you do to the most gullible people by spreading such disinformation. Autopsy Study Doesn’t Show COVID-19 Vaccines Are Unsafe - FactCheck.org

Who benefits from your promotion of this shysters video?
Fact-check.org? Hmm who pays them? And the article clearly ties MRNa vax to myocarditis and death. So does your response mean you take the stance that they are 100% safe and nobody has died or been injured from them? Which approach is dangerous and misinformed here?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.