• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Reminder of the Thrust Vector and Lateral Thruster group buy through JetBoatPilot.....you only have Until AUGUST 31st. to get in on this group buy.
    With a Maximum discount of 35% this is the highest discount you can get on these, so don't miss out!
    So if you are looking to improve your steering-either forwards or in reverse.....this sale may be for you!  

Thank you Will @jetboatpilot for offering this exclusively to JETBOATERS.net members!

(You can click the X to the right to dismiss this notice)

Cruising South West Florida

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Thanks for posting!

I love living and boating in Southwest Florida after moving here 13 years ago from Pittsburgh. The Gulf is so much calmer than the Atlantic... and shallower in places.... that you can drop anchor in about 3 feet of water and wade into the beaches. Between the coast line and intercoastal there are plenty of places to boat.

I live in Cape Coral and can get to all the places mentioned in the article. I haven't been down to Marco Island and the Everglades yet by boat but its on the list. That will require some planning since I would need to fuel up at Marco Island to be safe.

Unfortunately.... Captiva, Sanibel, Fort Myers Beach and Pine Island are all barrier islands and they got hammered last year during hurricane Ian. Some places have reopened.... others just starting to reopen..... and some are gone for good. Things will never look the same again but it is hard to tell that close to a Cat 5 hurricane came through here a year ago. The clean-up and recovery has been amazing.

I'm down in the Keys at Islamorada right now with some friends for a couple days.... but not on the boat. I got my charts out yesterday and it is about 160NM from where I live to here. I'd like to do some long weekend trips down this way someday.... but I likely wouldn't do it in the 275SD.

I just put this boat on my radar for something to consider 4 - 8 years from now. I could see selling the Yammi at some point down the road.... and the motorhome...... and going to a boat like this that would let us do long weekends or week long trips around the Keys and other areas on Florida's west coast and being able to live aboard the boat. This would be the perfect boat for Southwest Florida and the Gulf...... someday!

Thanks for posting!

I love living and boating in Southwest Florida after moving here 13 years ago from Pittsburgh. The Gulf is so much calmer than the Atlantic... and shallower in places.... that you can drop anchor in about 3 feet of water and wade into the beaches. Between the coast line and intercoastal there are plenty of places to boat.

I live in Cape Coral and can get to all the places mentioned in the article. I haven't been down to Marco Island and the Everglades yet by boat but its on the list. That will require some planning since I would need to fuel up at Marco Island to be safe.

Unfortunately.... Captiva, Sanibel, Fort Myers Beach and Pine Island are all barrier islands and they got hammered last year during hurricane Ian. Some places have reopened.... others just starting to reopen..... and some are gone for good. Things will never look the same again but it is hard to tell that close to a Cat 5 hurricane came through here a year ago. The clean-up and recovery has been amazing.

I'm down in the Keys at Islamorada right now with some friends for a couple days.... but not on the boat. I got my charts out yesterday and it is about 160NM from where I live to here. I'd like to do some long weekend trips down this way someday.... but I likely wouldn't do it in the 275SD.

I just put this boat on my radar for something to consider 4 - 8 years from now. I could see selling the Yammi at some point down the road.... and the motorhome...... and going to a boat like this that would let us do long weekends or week long trips around the Keys and other areas on Florida's west coast and being able to live aboard the boat. This would be the perfect boat for Southwest Florida and the Gulf...... someday!

Sounds like a great place to boat!

I saw this Beneteau a while back….

And they finally opened Lover's Key boat ramp. Hopefully Punta Rassa ramp soon. The docks at both ramps were destroyed. This would reduce the traffic at my home base ramp on Imperial River. :cool:

Back