• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Dead Instrument Panel

DRAT

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hi all… had my 2015 AR-240 covered, lifted and on a trickle charger all winter in a wet slip. Checked on her last weekend and both engines fired right up and sounded great. The problem is I have no instrument panel. Connext, tachs, speedo and fuel gauge are all dead. I swapped the battery cables since the starter battery was clearly functioning and no change. Engines fired up but no panel power. Blower and a mobile phone holder/charger that I installed do function.
Any ideas? Fingers crossed this is a simple, in-line fuse somewhere.

What’s the voltage in the house battery? When you swapped the batteries, did the house battery start the engines?

And if the house is good, try cleaning all the cables

Thanks, Dave. I haven’t tested the voltage. I didn’t go prepared. The cables are pristine, though, and yes, the house battery started the engines immediately.

Sounds like a fuse issue…. Im assuming you turned on both battery switches?

First things first, using a multimeter make sure there is power coming from the switched side of the house battery switch, then check all of your fuses in the fuse panels, most of the ATC style fuses have test points on the top so you don’t have to pull them.

This one seems pretty easy to troubleshoot. Using a multimeter start at the battery and CHeck the line that goes to the instrument panel. Check th points you can get to along the way and see where you lose the voltage. I know this is a simplistic answer, and you were hoping for a specific fuse location, but old fashioned troubleshooting still works best. Besides you learn a lot about the wiring on your boat in the process.

Probably the main fuse. I had this issue on my 195 with no power to any of the switches. Looked in manual for main fuse and sure enough it was shot.

Thanks, everyone.

Back