• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Dealer asking for $1,700 in prep and delivery fee. Is this normal?

Sugarcharged

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Oh cool. I just moved from Greenwood up here last June. Ya I did, but I got an '18 AR195 from them, so there was obviously no additional fees since it was used
Love your boat, great color! I just saw on the picture now. I will negotiate further, let’s see. Enjoy your boat.

Stevepro172

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just remember, the worst time to buy a boat and expect a deal is between May and July. For a few moments in time I worked at a Dealership/Marina and remember that was the busiest times. Good luck and welcome to the site!

JetMania

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Hello again and 2nd post here in the past 10 minutes. As I am looking to get into an AR190/195 (have not decided yet), my local dealer is asking for a $1,700 prep and delivery fee on top of the advertised pricing from Yamaha official site. This seems excessive to me? Any experience from you guys here what is acceptable a dealer to charge for this service? Thank you.
Right now dealers are not making many deals if any at all. The demand is at a recent, if not all-time, high. Most dealers know any on-hand inventory is likely to sell if it hasn't already. I've heard there is no on-hand Yamaha boat inventory nationwide. They are not shipping any more 2020 models from what I heard and only 2021's will be coming out of the factory which recently opened. I would think they will be trying to get as many boats out the door as possible to take advantage of the incredible demand. I sell to three different Boat manufacturers here in Missouri and they are all maxed with orders. Down in Lake of the Ozarks I hear nothing is closed and my friend says it's busier than last season as people are starved to get out in nature.