• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Did anybody tried to disassemble a jet pump on AR250?

Brunnen-G

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I've been able to remove only a nozzle assembly, but stuck with cone unit + impeller housing (they are combined into one unit on AR250). After removing 5 bolts, I still can't move the damn thing - it's stuck dead. Any tips on how to remove it? Maybe there is some special tool for this?

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
I've been able to remove only a nozzle assembly, but stuck with cone unit + impeller housing (they are combined into one unit on AR250). After removing 5 bolts, I still can't move the damn thing - it's stuck dead. Any tips on how to remove it? Maybe there is some special tool for this?
It's probably just sealer. There should be some prying bosses between the mounting flanges. I pulled mine out earlier this year, and they were stuck with black silicone sealer. Was able to brake them free easily. You're right, all one piece now.

Brunnen-G

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It's probably just sealer. There should be some prying bosses between the mounting flanges. I pulled mine out earlier this year, and they were stuck with black silicone sealer. Was able to brake them free easily. You're right, all one piece now.
Yes, I can see the black sealant, but no luck to move it even for 1mm. Maybe there is some sort of mini screw-jack tool as a helper to break it?

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
Hopefully you have all the bolts out. Mine was stuck just like yours, but I was able to pry it free. You need a good prybar and find a good leverage point, like the slots or bosses on the mating surfaces.

Sean R

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
There are 5 bolts like you said holding it, on 4 Lg 1 sm. I had to use a heat gun and warm up the black sealant before I could pry mine off. Port pump pealed/pryed off with no heat Stbd needed the heat gun, it didn't want to come off.

Brunnen-G

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hopefully you have all the bolts out. Mine was stuck just like yours, but I was able to pry it free. You need a good prybar and find a good leverage point, like the slots or bosses on the mating surfaces.
Thank you, RobbieO. I was kind of hesitant to use too much of brute force.

Brunnen-G

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
There are 5 bolts like you said holding it, on 4 Lg 1 sm. I had to use a heat gun and warm up the black sealant before I could pry mine off. Port pump pealed/pryed off with no heat Stbd needed the heat gun, it didn't want to come off.
Thank you, Sean R, for the tip. Is heat gun safe to use there? It's kind of tight place surrounded by painted fiberglass.

Sean R

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
I didn't go crazy with it, I was concerned about the same thing. I slowly warmed it up. A little heat, then pry, heat, pry etc...also once I got it off I did not re seal, its been over a 100 hrs with no ill effect.

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
In the Yamaha service manual, it shows ThreeBond 1211 as the sealant. It is a relatively thin liquid silicone based sealer. It looks very similar to the sealer I used at work for MAN/ZF axle flanges. I used the sealer to help alleviate any possible corrosion issues, and to maintain surface integrity. You can also use Loctite 518 flange sealant. For the bolts, you want to use Loctite 518 thread sealant to alleviate and dis-similar metal issues, and will make disassembly easier in the future if the need arises. I spent a good deal of time researching, and got this information from 2020 Yamaha service manuals because 2021 are not available yet. It also seems that ThreeBond is made by Toyota.

Brunnen-G

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thank you, guys, for your help! I successfully removed it using a prybar and a rubber mallet.

gfabry

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Do you have any pictures?