• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Do you tow tubes from your tower or lower tow hook?

Do you tow tubes from your tower or lower tow point?

• 1-Yes - I tow all tubes from the tower regardless of size

Votes: 56 29.6%
  • 2-Yes - I tow tubes from the tower - but only smaller ones

Votes: 20 10.6%
  • 3-No - I don't tow tubes from the tower- I use the lower tow point for tubes.

Votes: 113 59.8%

• Total voters

gwrace1

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Things change over time and a warning from the owners manual isn't really an opinion.

Sfriesen

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Anyone else have any issues with spider cracks around the transom hook that tows tubes from there? I've got several on my 2014 212x. They developed a year plus ago. Haven't wanted to tow tubes from there since the cracking.
Can you get behind it to add bracing?

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So, back to this whole "flip your boat" thing...what are some of the methods to be able to do this? Sounds like one more cool feature I didn't know about. 🤪

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Things change over time and a warning from the owners manual isn't really an opinion.

I'm talking every user has an opinion. The Yamaha warning is just that, something to cover them if someone does something stupid from the tower. And whenever they use photos in their marketing materials showing a wakeboader pulling a trick, and yes an AR pulling a tube, there are CYA statements around those as well. (Something to the effect of controlled environment, or professionals photographed, etc etc)

The biggest reason folks worried, was the spider cracking around the tower bases, but yet now in the post above, we get the first person claiming spider cracking around their tow hook. If it cracks there as well, then there truly is no place to tow a tube. Until I see a spider crack, I will still continue to do what I am comfortable with as I have for so many years with two different tower boats. The safety of seeing that line at all times, and the ability to control that tube outweighs any cosmetics that I have yet to experience.

Also note, that I am not part of the "oops I sucked up my rope" club either for a reason.

Papa

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Tower used for kids only. Teens and bigger from lower tow point. Papa

Englert1

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'd stay safe and tow low

JoeSr

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited E-Series
Boat Length
Tower for wakeboarding, lower for tubing.

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
OmG, my life is complete. Someone revived this stupid thread for 2021. What could be better. Long live the tow from the tower debate!

Can we have a TV VS Cobra debate in the same thread, that would be cool! (Smile)

markallan

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Lower Hook Seems safer for large tubes

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Ahh, welcome to the forum @markallan , someone had to revive this dead horse conversation. It's usually someone new the board. We hope to see you in the Oil thread and Stoltz roller thread next. And yes, you can use a pipe wrench to give your trailer enough room to use the 4" stoltz.

(just ribbin' ya, welcome!)