• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Does anyone else’s wakeboard rack not hold their wakeboard tight in ropes because the surfboard sticks farther out and gets the end of the rope?

NewBoater

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
This is for the stock wakeboard take for X series boats. Basically the surf board sticks farther out than the wakeboard so the wakeboard is not touching the rope like the surf board is causing the wakeboard to fall backwards hanging on for the ride because the boot hits the fork and then the rope starts to hold it all. Looks terrible when driving at speed. Hate having to readjust it every time slowing down. Someone I know suggested cutting a pool noodle and using a piece to stuff on end of wakeboard making it more right with the rope. Was curious if anyone else has this problem and what you use to fix it or you just let it be? Seems it would wear the strings out faster like this hanging on holding it. Here’s a few pics

Attachments

NewBoater

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Just saw this picture online where a person rents their boat by the hour and one of his pictures of the boat is while driving and looks like his green wakeboard is hanging on just like mine and not tight with the rope. And the other picture is showing his pictures from his reviews page. You may like those pics better lol

Attachments

Last edited:

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Don't your forks fit between the boots? On my Monster Racks, the boots are wide enough on the adult board that the rack forks go between them. The rubber inserts on the racks keep the board from edging back. You could also try to change the angle of the rack to a more vertical position, so gravity helps hold it down.

I will say that, most board racks are made for tow boats that max out at 30mph, and aren't meant to hold big heavy and wind-sensitive boards at 45mph+ :)

TimW451

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I didn’t know there was a market for a captained Yamaha. New plan, get captain’s license!

Just saw this picture online where a person rents their boat by the hour and one of his pictures of the boat is while driving and looks like his green wakeboard is hanging on just like mine and not tight with the rope. And the other picture is showing his pictures from his reviews page. You may like those pics better lol

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
We stuff a block of soft foam in between the surfboard and wakeboard. Provides just enough resistance to keep the wakeboards in place.

NewBoater

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
We stuff a block of soft foam in between the surfboard and wakeboard. Provides just enough resistance to keep the wakeboards in place.
What foam do you use? You have a link? Tks

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Just a piece of something I had kicking around. Don’t overthink it. Stuff a t shirt, towel, piece of last season’s decorative pillow ;-) whatever between the boards and inside the forks. Just don’t use one of the wife’s brand new decorative pillows :-0

WetWillie

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I’ve got the same style factory racks and the top slot will hold a surf board but the bottom is too narrow and will only fit thinner boards… I agree with changing the angle of the rack or putting something either in between or on the edge of the board; but we’ve not experienced any “slippage” from our wakeboard. I’d imagine the more curved boards hold over a straighter style…