• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Thoughts and demo rides of wake / towsports boats: Moomba Max, Axis A22, MB Sports

d_coyne1984

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Does anyone have any recent experience with Tigé? I'm considering a ZX upgrade. Their boats look gorgeous but I have heard they have vinyl quality issues in the past and I'm not sure if they've changed things.

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Does anyone have any recent experience with Tigé? I'm considering a ZX upgrade. Their boats look gorgeous but I have heard they have vinyl quality issues in the past and I'm not sure if they've changed things.
I considered a 23ZX in early 2021. Went to the dealership in northern WI to look at a new one.

My immediate pro was that they're huge, and I mean HUGE. Freeboard and internal space doesn't compare to any Yamaha. They're also easy to setup for wake and surfing with the GO system. This one came with a decent sound system, but I think the new Audison on the '23's is better. This one had the thruster on back and all the goodies... I was ready to figure out how to take out a loan on this princess until...

I go to test the sound system and it's broke. Dealer couldn't figure it out and said it would be a warranty thing. Being on the Tige forums now for a couple of years, that's apparently not unusual. This particular boat also had the windows tinted (looked nice) and the dealer was really up front about that the whole window frame need to be replaced under warranty. Also, the thruster on these boats had it's own battery and charging system, external from the boat alternator. So in order to use the thrusters, that battery needed to be plugged in and charged after every use.

We ended up quickly passing on this boat due to the two big warranty issues before it was even sold to it's first owner. Being on the Tige groups for a while now that seems to be the continued case, and even more so post-covid. Also seems that, with Tige owners, some boats are phenomenal, some are lemons. The other thing people complain about is the raise in cost for Tige... when I looked at the 23ZX fully loaded it was a $120k boat. Now I think that same boat is nearly 200k. And at that price, you're in Centurion and used Nautique levels and you're not fighting possible build quality issues.

I still pine after a beautiful vdrive for water sports, but my wife constantly reminds me that we are 80% boating on a river with a mean depth of 7'. Logs, stumps, and sandbars are something I don't worry about with an 18" draft at speed. I'm sure with a vdrive I'd already be through a few $600 prop replacements.

Sucks to boat on a river...

d_coyne1984

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I considered a 23ZX in early 2021. Went to the dealership in northern WI to look at a new one.

My immediate pro was that they're huge, and I mean HUGE. Freeboard and internal space doesn't compare to any Yamaha. They're also easy to setup for wake and surfing with the GO system. This one came with a decent sound system, but I think the new Audison on the '23's is better. This one had the thruster on back and all the goodies... I was ready to figure out how to take out a loan on this princess until...

I go to test the sound system and it's broke. Dealer couldn't figure it out and said it would be a warranty thing. Being on the Tige forums now for a couple of years, that's apparently not unusual. This particular boat also had the windows tinted (looked nice) and the dealer was really up front about that the whole window frame need to be replaced under warranty. Also, the thruster on these boats had it's own battery and charging system, external from the boat alternator. So in order to use the thrusters, that battery needed to be plugged in and charged after every use.

We ended up quickly passing on this boat due to the two big warranty issues before it was even sold to it's first owner. Being on the Tige groups for a while now that seems to be the continued case, and even more so post-covid. Also seems that, with Tige owners, some boats are phenomenal, some are lemons. The other thing people complain about is the raise in cost for Tige... when I looked at the 23ZX fully loaded it was a $120k boat. Now I think that same boat is nearly 200k. And at that price, you're in Centurion and used Nautique levels and you're not fighting possible build quality issues.

I still pine after a beautiful vdrive for water sports, but my wife constantly reminds me that we are 80% boating on a river with a mean depth of 7'. Logs, stumps, and sandbars are something I don't worry about with an 18" draft at speed. I'm sure with a vdrive I'd already be through a few $600 prop replacements.

Sucks to boat on a river...
Thanks for the reply. It sounds like you are probably in the right boat for your application. We've had water level issues a few times since I have had my Supreme and I am constantly worried about my draft. I often can't use my lift. Last year I ran aground in an area that I'd never had a problem in because the water level was so low and I wasn't thinking. Fortunately it was a swampy area with a really soft bottom and I was able to motor back out. My strainer was packed and the motor started overheating by the time I was out. :banghead:

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I second what was said above. I'm on nearly every wake boat FB group you can possibly be on. Tige has the most complaints of any brand I've seen. I'd say on par with the Yamaha's. Just at double the price it's harder to stomach. Lots of weird and random electrical issues with their push button start for Tige. ATX is Tige's budget brand and they're even worse. If I was looking to buy today my listing in this order would be: Mastercraft, Centurion/Supreme, Malibu/Axis, Moomba, Sanger, Heyday.

d_coyne1984

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I second what was said above. I'm on nearly every wake boat FB group you can possibly be on. Tige has the most complaints of any brand I've seen. I'd say on par with the Yamaha's. Just at double the price it's harder to stomach. Lots of weird and random electrical issues with their push button start for Tige. ATX is Tige's budget brand and they're even worse. If I was looking to buy today my listing in this order would be: Mastercraft, Centurion/Supreme, Malibu/Axis, Moomba, Sanger, Heyday.
The new Axis T220 is the other boat on my radar, it's just not as nice looking IMO and I think I can get them for about the same price. The Axis has the capacity of 15 over 14 on the Tige which is kind of big deal to be able to get 3 more people than my Supreme and still fit in the garage. It would also be an easier fit on the height than the Tige too. I really hate the wedge though. It doesn't seem to produce as firm of a wave as my Supreme and it will be far less fuel efficient draging that boat anchor. I know, I know the old saying if you have to worry about gas then you can't afford it, but that shit adds up and I've got plenty of other things I'd like to also spend money on. I wish Moomba would get rid of their current towers and and put something on that folds low. I like the new Craz a lot but there is no way that will go in to the garage. The Supremes have gotten too tall now as well so the S220 is out, which would probably have been my first choice (exept their dash is stupid now). The ideal choice for me would be the new Mastercraft XT22T, but I just don't think I am ready to drop $160k+. I haven't seen any on dealer lots around me either.

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
The new Axis T220 is the other boat on my radar, it's just not as nice looking IMO and I think I can get them for about the same price. The Axis has the capacity of 15 over 14 on the Tige which is kind of big deal to be able to get 3 more people than my Supreme and still fit in the garage. It would also be an easier fit on the height than the Tige too. I really hate the wedge though. It doesn't seem to produce as firm of a wave as my Supreme and it will be far less fuel efficient draging that boat anchor. I know, I know the old saying if you have to worry about gas then you can't afford it, but that shit adds up and I've got plenty of other things I'd like to also spend money on. I wish Moomba would get rid of their current towers and and put something on that folds low. I like the new Craz a lot but there is no way that will go in to the garage. The Supremes have gotten too tall now as well so the S220 is out, which would probably have been my first choice (exept their dash is stupid now). The ideal choice for me would be the new Mastercraft XT22T, but I just don't think I am ready to drop $160k+. I haven't seen any on dealer lots around me either.
This boat right here.....if I was to come into some money I'd be on the doorstep when they open. They ship all over the place, too.

I do like the T220. Like this one:

The malibu/axis wave is super tall without as much push as some of the other brands. Everyone sees that wave and thinks it's amazing due to just how massive it looks. It's a good wave and can be even better with more weight. Just it isn't as long as some of the other brands with tabs rather than surf gates.

Farny

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Centurion
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
This boat right here.....if I was to come into some money I'd be on the doorstep when they open. They ship all over the place, too.

I do like the T220. Like this one:

The malibu/axis wave is super tall without as much push as some of the other brands. Everyone sees that wave and thinks it's amazing due to just how massive it looks. It's a good wave and can be even better with more weight. Just it isn't as long as some of the other brands with tabs rather than surf gates.
From our tests - the Axis puts off a nice wave, we had a deposit on the T220 until awe demoed the supreme.

Last edited:

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Has anyone demo'd an MB? I like how simple they are.

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
From our tests - the Axis puts off a nice wave, we had a deposit on the T220 until awe demoed the supreme.

Boardco has done a few of those vids, but they're not exactly impartial.

Farny

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Centurion
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Boardco has done a few of those vids, but they're not exactly impartial.
Yes true - little biased likely. Firsthand experiences for us made the difference

d_coyne1984

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Has anyone demo'd an MB? I like how simple they are.
They don't have any MB dealers in the norther midwest that I am aware of so I haven't had them on my radar. I like simple. One thing I wish would have stayed analog is the outside tab control. Or even better would be dual controls, both digital setpoints and then analog switches for fine tuning. I have to go through like 3 menue screens to change my setpoints on mine so I usually just keep mine at 90-100 on the opposite surf side to add some list rather than do any real wave shaping.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Congrats @RightStuff and you’re off to a great start with that wave.

We are skipping the lake this weekend due to holiday chaos on the water. Had a great time last weekend until my ballast relay module decided to fry itself again lol. Still made a great wave even if not full ballast as my normal setup.

GPTempDownload.jpegGPTempDownload.jpegGPTempDownload.jpegGPTempDownload.jpeg

These are two cool perspectives. One in the barrel and one from inside the wave….
IMG_1361.jpeg
IMG_1363.jpeg

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length

We are skipping the lake this weekend due to holiday chaos on the water. Had a great time last weekend until my ballast relay module decided to fry itself again lol. Still made a great wave even if not full ballast as my normal setup.

View attachment 203022View attachment 203023View attachment 203024View attachment 203025

These are two cool perspectives. One in the barrel and one from inside the wave….
View attachment 203026
View attachment 203027
How's the wakeboard wave on it?

RightStuff

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
After riding the wave for the first time last night I have a feeling that my rear bags are holding air like a few others complained about (on the Moomba Forum I can't get access to 😭 ), so looking at that next time I'm out. Push should be more, but I'm sure there are things to tweak. Totally new system to learn and adjust, been fun.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
How's the wakeboard wave on it?
It looks good but haven’t had anyone try it out. We mainly surf, cruise or chill in sloughs.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
After riding the wave for the first time last night I have a feeling that my rear bags are holding air like a few others complained about (on the Moomba Forum I can't get access to 😭 ), so looking at that next time I'm out. Push should be more, but I'm sure there are things to tweak. Totally new system to learn and adjust, been fun.
The first time you fill without dialing in your ballast timers it’s expected to get some air. Once you purge the air and adjust your fill times you shouldn’t have trapped air. Another option a lot of us do is remove the air vent plugs and relocate the overflow from the bottom of the bag and move it to the top. That way air pockets get vented via pressure as the bag fills. It’s hard for the stock venting setup to manage that since it’s located at the bottom of the bags. I have a video on my YT showing how to vent the midships and you basically would do the same process for the rear bags. I also added check valves to make sure they drain like prunes. I forgot you had issues with the forum and I’ll make another post/bump in that thread for you.

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
It looks good but haven’t had anyone try it out. We mainly surf, cruise or chill in sloughs.
What?! Sounds like a waste of a nice wave! :D

Farny

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Centurion
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
What?! Sounds like a waste of a nice wave! :D
I’ve pretty much given up wakeboarding too.. my last few face slapping feet ripping from board wipeouts did it for me..

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Finally put some racks on the boat after all these years without them lol. Might splurge and get the swivels later on but this will at least get the board out of my storage. I don’t use the Bimini surf pockets anymore since I was getting some dents in my EPS boards.IMG_1442.jpegIMG_1443.jpegIMG_1444.jpegIMG_1445.jpegIMG_1446.jpeg

RightStuff

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Sorted out the ballast situation, definitely had a good amount of air in the bags. Going to look into re-doing the vents on the rear bags, not a great design with those 'breathable' plugs that don't breath at all on top to release the air. Great details on the Moomba forum for that, just have to find time might be a fall project at this point.

Also forgot to post a pic of the actual boat and not just the wave, whoops! So here she is after I finally found time to give it a good bath and wax.

20230705_202243.jpg