• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Does it get any better than this?

Judge

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
275SD
Boat Length
What's better than taking your jet boat out on a Friday morning and the Gulf in Southwest Florida is almost like glass and there isn't another boat in sight?

Nothing! :p

Left around 9am and took a run from Deep Lagoon out to the Gulf past Sanibel and Captive and up to Cayo Costa. Covered about 75 miles in four hours. Doesn't get much better than this on a Friday..... or any day!

Trying to get a few more trips out before we head north for a couple months to see family and we put the boat away for the summer. Starting to heat up down here in Florida! I thought the swim platform on the 275SD was great but when the weather starts really heating up, the hard top might be the best feature on the boat! 😎

IMG_4975.JPG

IMG_4977.JPG

Last edited:

VitaminSea

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Nice! Can’t beat heading out when the conditions are as such! Always nice to go out during the week when there is considerably less traffic.

Judge

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
275SD
Boat Length
Nice! Can’t beat heading out when the conditions are as such! Always nice to go out during the week when there is considerably less traffic.
I've all but stopped boating on weekends now that I am retired.... especially when the snowbirds are down here January - March. When we left this morning we saw just a couple boats. When we were pulling into the marina four hours later, there were a lot of boats heading out and a lot more dropped in the water from the racks.

Might go out early Sunday morning..... it can be pretty decent early on a Sunday if you get back by 1:00.... otherwise we'll be heading out next week a couple times if the weather holds ups.... but looking like the rain season will be kicking in next week.

YoDaddy292

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Being a weekday warrior is the biggest reason I am looking forward to retirement. Also, so strange to hear someone talk about putting the boat away for the summer LOL. We are just getting rolling up here.

Judge

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
275SD
Boat Length
LOL....... Boating season has been going about 9 months for me...... and there are plenty of guys down here who boat or fish year round. But when its in the low to mid 90's everyday..... dew points over 70F...... and thunderstorms popping a lot of afternoons after 1:00PM, I don't mind take a couple months off in the sumer.

Plus..... it will give my wallet a break..... today's little trip cost over $300 in fuel! 🤣🤣🤣 But it was well worth it for a day like today!

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length

OCMD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I can't fathom boating in crowded waters. I'd sell if I had to navigate a crowded bottleneck. Glad I have my private river. Seriously, even on the 4th of July you might see 10 boats and a few waverunners over the 25 mile stretch. On the Pocomoke? Every day is a weekday.

Judge

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
275SD
Boat Length
I can't fathom boating in crowded waters. I'd sell if I had to navigate a crowded bottleneck. Glad I have my private river. Seriously, even on the 4th of July you might see 10 boats and a few waverunners over the 25 mile stretch. On the Pocomoke? Every day is a weekday.

Nice!

I grew up boating in western PA on rivers and lakes. I loved it and it was a lot of fun...... but I have to admit boating on the Gulf of Mexico is pretty dang nice and I do like it better.

Having all the wide open spaces....... a bunch of different places to go...... different places to stop for lunch....... different places to just hang out..... I find to be a lot more fun than being land locked.

Then factor in seeing cool marine like like dolphins, sea turtles, and rays jumping out of the water..... it is pretty cool! We saw a sea turtle yesterday with a head the size of a softball.