• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Does Scarab Train their dealer mechanics?

S4451

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I had the misfortune of taking delivery of a new 2019 Scarab that was not properly assembled at the factory. The defect pertained to a major powertrain component that required the dealer mechanic to disassemble and reassemble parts of the drivetrain including the jets and reverse gates. These components haven't been properly reassembled leading to a cascade of problems and parts falling apart. It's apparent beyond any doubt that the dealer mechanic has zero training from the factory. I'm wondering if this is a dealer problem or a manufacturer problem? Is it that my dealer hasn't gotten training or is it Scarab that doesn't train their dealers? I'm asking for other peoples experience with this issue so I can decide if I need to change dealers.

wango tango

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
First, shame on scarab!!!!!! , yes some dealers have no clue! not sure how they get trained, most just want to sell boats.
Second, its scarab issue to help resolve your issue!
I had a BAD DEALER and scarab helped resolve issues and repairs with new dealer/mechanic.
sorry about your issues , good luck

wango tango

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
I was pissed about dealer and boat issues but always very nice to scarab and for me it worked.

Rtimleck

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
How does a boat leave the factory with such a major mechanical issue? Scarab NEEDS to work on their quality control immediately because this will definitely deter potential customers

BobJohnson

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VR
Boat Length
I know for Chaparral, when the jets came out in 2015, that mechanic certifying was offered to at least our dealer. When I picked up my boat back then, I was introduced to the mechanic that was certified on the rotax engines and pumps. I know more of them were going through the training. What all is involved and any other details... I have no idea.

wango tango

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Yes alot of dealers were getting certified but no experience!!!!
The key is to find someone with seadoo experience, it's the same engine . When I owned a seadoo boat before scarab the mechanic had 20yrs working on seadoo BRP rotax engines.

csrealtor

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Any mechanics for scarab in central florida? Need some work domne on my 2014 215HO. Thanks!

JusFlyinBy

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
How does a boat leave the factory with such a major mechanical issue? Scarab NEEDS to work on their quality control immediately because this will definitely deter potential customers
So true... I really am looking to trade up from my 21' to a 25'. Thankfully I've not had the troubles that most seem to post here, so I was willing to stick with the brand (because honestly I love my boat). I also figured now with 6 years under their belt they had plenty of time to fix alot of these teething issues. It scares me to think that after all this time they're still having problems!