• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Draing Plug Part Number for Yamaha w/ Articulating Keel

vans1203

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I'd like to replace my drain plug in my 2018 242X but am struggling to find either a part number for the OEM Yamaha plug with O-Ring or aftermarket plug that will work. All I can seem to find from Yamaha are the older style drain plugs with flange. However, for the newer boats with articulating keel there is not a flange and I'm not convinced that it's the same thread and pitch such that I could order the assembly, remove the plug and use it in my boat. Anyone have any experience? I've seen posts that folks have replaced their drain plugs in boats with the articulating keel but I haven't found an actual part number here or on my google searches.

I'm primarily worried that the o-ring is getting a bit worn and stretched and I'd like to have a backup for the day it decides it's done. If anyone has a recommended o-ring part number for one they've used and confirmed works well, I'd appreciate that too.

Attachments

• IMG_1799.jpg
    IMG_1799.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 20
I purchased an aftermarket stainless one that came with a flange. Pitched the flange used just the plug. Thread size and pitch is exact match, but I was unhappy with the tabs used to spin it. Too small, and the sharp edges made it borderline painful to remove. I’d stick to the factory plastic one.

I'd like to replace my drain plug in my 2018 242X but am struggling to find either a part number for the OEM Yamaha plug with O-Ring or aftermarket plug that will work. All I can seem to find from Yamaha are the older style drain plugs with flange. However, for the newer boats with articulating keel there is not a flange and I'm not convinced that it's the same thread and pitch such that I could order the assembly, remove the plug and use it in my boat. Anyone have any experience? I've seen posts that folks have replaced their drain plugs in boats with the articulating keel but I haven't found an actual part number here or on my google searches.

I'm primarily worried that the o-ring is getting a bit worn and stretched and I'd like to have a backup for the day it decides it's done. If anyone has a recommended o-ring part number for one they've used and confirmed works well, I'd appreciate that too.
these that might work for ya if yours has that plate #21 pictured looks like this , you can put a light or just plug hole 35.00 shipped pay pal the3andersons@windstream.net thanks

these that might work for ya if yours has that plate #21 pictured (which looks like you do ) looks like this , you can put a light or just plug hole 35.00 shipped pay pal the3andersons@windstream.net thanks

117332876_631057670873644_1137789010175344569_n.jpg117646273_3203219756434385_6576664061757918342_n.jpgCapture.JPG117726947_3203219769767717_8050691594552211527_n.jpg

these that might work for ya if yours has that plate #21 pictured looks like this , you can put a light or just plug hole 35.00 shipped pay pal the3andersons@windstream.net thanks

117646273_3203219756434385_6576664061757918342_n.jpg117726947_3203219769767717_8050691594552211527_n.jpgCapture.JPG117332876_631057670873644_1137789010175344569_n.jpg

Just a heads up. If your do run into an issue with your drain plug, the one in the engine compartment and ski locker are direct replacements, so you can use them in a pinch.

I just bought 2 off ebay to use for emergency replacements. They don't have the 'tabs' on the back that prevent you from pulling the plug out. They look they're older and have something difficult to describe behind the actual plug in the place of the tabs. Regardless, the plug/threads/o-ring are the same. They were $5 each with shipping and I keep them in the boat tool bag. EDIT - the ones I bought look like the ones in the link in the 2nd post but they are plastic, maybe that's the new style. Either way the fit and they were $5

Back