• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

End Of Year SALE for MEMBERS ONLY "not a group buy" !

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Last edited:

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Remember if you have any questions about the sale or the products feel free to email me directly Jeff@cobrajetsteering.com.
If you are not sure what parts you should be ordering just ask me in a email. I am often out on the water on weekends and holidays So it may take a bit for me to answer you but I will answer you in the early evening if I don't get right back to you.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
To date 6 people have taken advantage of this sale, remember I have 15 years experience making jet boats steer and transforming them into a more practical, more versatile and much more user friendly boat that just puts a smile on your face .
If you have any questions or misunderstandings about any particular system or feature please feel free to ask me directly. Remember the testimonials you read are real and the systems are time tested, even the Magnum A K system has been out for over a year. There are many people on this site who have this system on their boat.
The fangs have been out since spring and are very inexpensive to add to your system. The Ultimate steering has been out for several years and it is obviously my most popular steering since it does so many things in a single system and it is also upgradable with the fangs.
This is not a group buy, those were actually started on the old site to help support that web page, part of the money from the sale went to the page owner, this is a direct from the manufacturer to you sale.
So take advantage of this and if you feel that you really need to, I bet any of the people here who have the systems will be happy to give you their feedback. Your boat has a lot of untapped potential and amazing capabilities that you are not taking full advantage of unless you have my steering system added to it. Get the fun factor up to it's full potential and save some money during this end of year sale.
Also check out my facebook page
https://www.facebook.com/Cobra-jet-steering-257584527645178/?view_public_for=257584527645178 for comparison info , feedback and pictures from customers "many are members of this web page" who have experienced first hand the huge difference between Cobra steering products and products from other manufacturers.
You owe it to yourself to check out the differences between systems. Don't buy any steering without doing your research first.

Last edited:

Glen

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
To date 6 people have taken advantage of this sale, remember I have 15 years experience making jet boats steer and transforming them into a more practical, more versatile and much more user friendly boat that just puts a smile on your face .
If you have any questions or misunderstandings about any particular system or feature please feel free to ask me directly. Remember the testimonials you read are real and the systems are time tested, even the Magnum A K system has been out for over a year. There are many people on this site who have this system on their boat.
The fangs have been out since spring and are very inexpensive to add to your system. The Ultimate steering has been out for several years and it is obviously my most popular steering since it does so many things in a single system and it is also upgradable with the fangs.
This is not a group buy, those were actually started on the old site to help support that web page, part of the money from the sale went to the page owner, this is a direct from the manufacturer to you sale.
So take advantage of this and if you feel that you really need to, I bet any of the people here who have the systems will be happy to give you their feedback. Your boat has a lot of untapped potential and amazing capabilities that you are not taking full advantage of unless you have my steering system added to it. Get the fun factor up to it's full potential and save some money during this end of year sale.
First thing I did to my 242X, Fangs and all-

Better control slow, at speed, decelerating and reverse.

2nd 23+footer Yamaha. Both with Cobra's. Easily, top 5 most impactful mods, and the 1st one I do-

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I had the Ultimates w/Fangs on my 190 and now the AKs w/Fangs on the keeled 240.

This is a fantastic system.

--

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
And one more thing.
I was curious so I asked around. Not surprisingly, according to my source the at the dealership, the Yamaha issue in new “keeled” boats steering cable failing is on the right side ONLY. Happens in very new boats with no mods. Logic would dictate that the rudder is the reason since it puts a lot of stress on that side.

--

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Last edited:

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
IMPORTANT UPDATE ON THE COBRA JET STEERING END OF YEAR SALE!
Due to numerous requests, I have decided to include the FANGS, both the regular sets for the Ultimate steering and the MAG A K sets. I will also include the EZ LOCKS for the cleanout plugs used on Yamaha boats made from the year 2000 to the year 2016 .
During this sale these items will be discounted if purchased separately. The original combo discounts previously mentioned in the sale will remain in effect.
This 20 percent discount equates to the following pricing, single Ultimate fangs stand alone discounted price is $twin fangs discount price is $ , EZ locks will be $ for a twin set and a single is $all pricing includes shipping in the U S A.
The A K FANGS designed for the Magnum A K steering systems specifically designed for the new Yamaha keel boats will be if ordered separately during this sale. Please email me jeff@cobrajetsteering.com if you wish to take advantage of these special year end prices I will also need the state you live in before I can send you the invoice. Or if you have questions.
REMEMBER THIS IS NOT A GROUP BUY ! THE PRICE YOU SEE IS THE PRICE YOU PAY AND YOUR ORDER IS SHIPPED WHEN YOU COMPLETE YOUR TRANSACTION.
COBRA JET STEERING has been building steering for jet boats and personal watercraft for 15 years, holding U S PATENT 6561858, 6702630, 8425629, and another pending. We have sold over 9000 systems to Yamaha jet boat owners alone.
ALL steering systems are NOT THE SAME, our features and benefits are second to none!

Last edited:

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
This picture shows the Cobra Magnum A K system. It includes the second tie rod to balance out the steering work load and a set of magnum fins one on the outside of each nozzle. These fins are attached to the nozzle using a non tempered side force stabilizer. This is done to protect the boat in the unlikely event that it strikes a solid object at speed as it allows the fin to rotate up , The fins are tempered 6061-t6 --- 3/16" thick aircraft aluminum, the fins are located above the bottom center of the boat and keel , they are also placed directly in the flow of water so they provide instant response to the input from the helm at all speeds, this is particularly important because a large keel in the center of the boat at planning speed will automatically resist changing direction. Although the rudder helps counter this resistance the extra fins placed on the outside of the nozzles makes a big improvement over the rudder alone.
This system is also upgradeable , you can easily add the A K fangs to the system. The A K Fangs mount on the fins so that they extend forward of the nozzle pivot point to provide a power steering effect. This effect is accomplished by the water turning the nozzles as it passes the fangs at speed. While backing the boat the Fangs also channel the reverse thrust to help contain and direct it under the hull when it exits the bottom of the nozzle when the controls are placed in reverse thus improving directional control while backing the boat.

Magnum A K system with the fangs shown installed on @SeanClements 2017 242x This system is compatible with both the 24 foot and now 21 foot Yamaha articulating keel models.

Our latest COBRA VENOM ULTIMATE with the easy change over 7 hole configuration
is compatible with all the single engine Yamaha jet boats including the keel systems and all the twin engine Yamaha jet boats that do not have the keel. This system is selectable. You can set the fins to rise up at speed leaving just a very small amount " Approximately 10 percent" of the fins making contact at speed to continue to provide feedback and some assistance in control. This can be accomplished by rotating the actuator into the up position simply by utilizing the 7th hole on the fins.
Or you can select any of the numerous settings for the fins to stay down at speed to provide the exact amount of assistance to meet your personal preference and maintain the ability to flip up if they contact the ground or some fixed object. This function allows this system to be compatible with all the various Yamaha jet boat hull sizes , from the exciter to the 24 foot jet boats. You set the influence level that fits your needs.
This system is also upgradeable to accept the new Fangs with the exception of the 19 foot boats with the factory rudder as the ride plate for the small rudder would interfere with the fangs. Below is a picture provided by @swatski showing the fang mounted on a nozzle with the Ultimate steering and the fang going forward of the pivot point indicated by the red line. And the same one before adding the fang. The fangs are compatible with all the base plates of the Ultimate steering systems even the earlier 6 hole systems, if the base plate does not have the mounting holes I can give you a copy of the hole locations to add them to your base plate or you can order the updated plates separately.

Rotax 4 tec steering system for a single or twin engine boat, This system works so good once you try it and understand why it is built this way you will not want to operate your boat without it. This system is also available with a discount during the end of year sale.

Last edited:

Tobes

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Super fast shipping, thanks Jeff! Install on the fangs was very easy (re-do that video! You make it seem tricky ;) ) and anyone with half a brain should be able to install them in under 10 minutes.

Should be taking the boat out for a cruise tomorrow for a test run (too damn cold for water sports) and some picture taking. Will report back after.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Thanks you just saved me tons of money, now I don't have to build the Cobra Jet Steering University of fin installation and basic common sense.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other