• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Cobra Jet Steering L L C showing you the MAGNUM A. K. STEERING system

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I liked that it works at all speeds not just low speed which IMO is very important due to the keel making the boat hard to turn at speed. Plus they are adjustable, they balance the steering with the extra tie rod , and they are made of tempered aircraft aluminum not plastic. Agreed, you won't regret it.
No more wide turns at speed? That's one thing I don't care for with the articulating keel.

McMark

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Lock the wheel over and add throttle. It'll turn tight.

Ric Moseley

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Yeah, it does not solve the wide turn issue but it definitely helps address the issue. I still notice it turns better to one side over the other. Need to experiment with tuning the RPMs to the same on both engines to see if it even things out. Anyone have any experience in this? (I do have a throttle sync)

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
You might want to sell the second tie rod for the guys that don't want fins but want their boat to look symmetrical!
I wanted to update this post to let people know that I have added the stand alone stainless tie rod kit to my web page as suggested, also if people who have purchased the tie rod should decide later to add the fin kit they can request it via email and I will be happy to sell it separately .
The tie rod kit includes the stainless hardware needed for the installation. You can also order a set of clean out plug EZ locks at the $26.50 combo price, that includes two E Z locks to do both clean out plugs, however you will need to email or P M me for that offer since it isn't on the page yet.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
And while I am looking at this post I should say I plan on having the A K fangs available by 5- 17- 2016

Glen

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
And while I am looking at this post I should say I plan on having the A K fangs available by 5- 17- 2016
is this for boats with the articulating keel?
I have a '16 242X and just ordered (for the second time...lost the original order (Dec) in a garage cleaning) *NEW* Cobra Venom Magnum "AK Series". Do I need to hold off for an improved release?

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
They are made to be added to your system so no you can install the set "before you loose them again" and if you want to add the fangs later you can

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
They should be ready Monday or Tuesday, I have a bunch of people waiting for them as well as the other fangs.
The A K fangs will be super easy to install probably a minute or two each. They will mount on the fins not on the nozzle bases since those fins are not spring loaded.
To use the fangs with the magnum A K fins , the fins must be operated in the fully deployed setting , however this is probably what everyone is already doing to get the maximum effect from the extra steering.

Kennc

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Sounds awesome. I look forward to adding them to the system.

RoughRider

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
How much for the fangs on the AK?

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
They are awfully expensive, I really hate to tell you,$39 dollars plus 6 for S/H

RoughRider

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Thanks @Cobra Jet Steering LLC I looked on your site and forum and just didn't se a price. Finally got mine out Sunday and you will be getting an email soon. Just making up my mind about fangs and EZ locks. Have owners of your EZ Locks ever had warranty issues from drilling the hole in plugs?

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Ez locks do not effect your warranty, the only way plug locks can effect the warranty is if they replace the original factory parts with aftermarket parts.
By federal law the only way a manufacturer can void any part of a factory warranty due to adding an aftermarket part to their product is if they prove the aftermarket part caused their part to fail. The EZ locks back up their parts, they do not replace them or cause them to fail.

Bobby Cook

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited E-Series
Boat Length
Just ordered a set. Can't wait to try them out.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I have some of the Fangs for those also if you want to add them for 39 dollars