• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Cobra Jet Steering L L C showing you the MAGNUM A. K. STEERING system

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

McMark

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I was hoping to get in the water over the weekend but all the rain has the ramps flooded. Maybe this weekend for a shakedown run. :thumbsup:

McMark

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I can tell you guys that the system is incredibly simple to install. The tie rod was pre-set and spot on for installation. I really like that both steering cables share the load of the articulating keel. Full lock to lock and no nozzle binding anywhere in the travel. A very nice system.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
For some reason this is still not listed on my web page although it was supposed to be a while ago . Please just email me jeff@cobrajetsteering.com to place an order or you can place an order for the magnum twin engine set on my web page and in the comments indicate that you have the 2015 a k model so I know what system you need.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Thank you.

biglar155

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Nice looking system Jeff! I like the added tie rod. Just makes more sense.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Thank you! I felt that the original system was out of balance with all the work being done by one side of the system, balancing it out and going with a clean V configuration is in my opinion a big improvement in both effectiveness ,practicality and appearance.

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
You might want to sell the second tie rod for the guys that don't want fins but want their boat to look symmetrical!

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
That is always possible however not for looks but to balance out their system since the right side is doing all the hard work as it comes from the factory, I suspect it will experience some ill effects from the uneven wear and tear.. The hull having a big keel down the center does create some unique handling issues that requires more steering influence to make the boat more manageable. Remember I built and patented tie rod operated steering systems , my very first steering system in 2001 was a tie rod system so I am quite familiar with them, mine always used 2 tie rods for obvious reasons. I could sell the tie rods with the adapted bolts to balance out the steering system but I honestly think if you do something don't do it half way.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Good news for Canadian customers. The shipping cost for this system is only 25 dollars as opposed to the usual 50 due to it's weight coming in under the 4 pound limit, even with ez locks added to the package.
Using the post office avoids any transfer fees and since it's made in the U S A it qualifies for the free trade agreement so no duties are added.

seafoxfla

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I was able to spend the day out on the water on Saturday. All I can say is WOW!!! What a difference in handling especially at low speeds. What was a battle to dock and navigate down the canals and Tavernier creek with its strong currents is now a joy. No more fighting to stay straight and docking is a breeze. Best investment I have made. Jeff was a pleasure to work with.

Ric Moseley

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I debated between the new Cobra Venom MAGNUM A K SERIES and their competitors system ever since I purchased my 2015 Yamaha 242 S boat this spring. I am glad I waited and went with the Cobra Venom MAGNUM A K SERIES system by Cobra Jet Steering. Shipping was fast and the packaging and instructions were professional and easy to understand. Installation took less than an hour so I was on the water in no time. The newly installed steering system looks just like it came on the boat from the factory. The second tie rode was a nice touch and what a difference it makes! My boat now tracks much better and I don’t feel like I put anyone in danger any more (along for the ride and especially in the water during pickups). Thank you Jeff for your personal attention as well as great customer service. I would HIGHLY recommend this steering system to anyone who purchases a jet boat and needs more precise control.

http://www.cobrajetsteering.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=135&Itemid=72

Last edited:

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@Ric Moseley - What was the deciding factor for you? I too am on the fence as to which set of fins to purchase. I like the look, and movement of the "others", but I am leaning towards the double tie-rod end effect of Jeff's design.

McMark

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have the new Cobras. They're great. Love the two tie rods to share the load of the keel. I did some testing with them on, then off, then on again. Put them on. You won't regret it.

-Mark

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I have the new Cobras. They're great. Love the two tie rods to share the load of the keel. I did some testing with them on, then off, then on again. Put them on. You won't regret it.

-Mark
Will do!! Thanks

Ric Moseley

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I liked that it works at all speeds not just low speed which IMO is very important due to the keel making the boat hard to turn at speed. Plus they are adjustable, they balance the steering with the extra tie rod , and they are made of tempered aircraft aluminum not plastic. Agreed, you won't regret it.