• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Cobra Jet Steering L L C showing you the MAGNUM A. K. STEERING system

bobs4state

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited E-Series
Boat Length
Installed mine this morning. It made a HUGE difference at both low and high speeds. This was a great decision!

The Budnick's

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I installed my Cobra Jet Steering system in early June. Let me just say WOW, Holy crap what a difference... Low speed maneuvering is a dream now. My wife was so scared of the steering she wouldn't drive for me to ski. Now I can't get her out of the captains seat. Thank you so much for such an inexpensive, easy to install product that actually does what it's supposed to do. We liked our boat before but I think we love it now. By the way I installed the system in exactly 30 minutes start to finish. Thank you again

Bryan L

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Great product, Jeff! The low speed response is fantastic. Very little learning curve coming from stern driven boats. Could argue that it responds similar, if not better. Thanks a ton! BTW- easy to install. Love it!!

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Thank you Brian I am very pleased that you are enjoying it and I appreciate you posting your comments on it as the new boating season is upon us.
For those of you who are new to the jet boat arena or just new to this web site.
The MAGNUM A K steering system was designed specifically for the twin engine articulating keel boats. It addresses the uneven wear on the right side steering components from using only one tie rod, we added a second tie rod and we use stainless steel ends. We added 6061-t6 aluminum fins to the nozzles that form a V configuration with the rudder for balanced steering and handling plus we made this upgradeable with special A K fangs for power steering and improved reverse control, this is a very clean looking system and it has a money back guarantee also it is simple to install and easy on the wallet. This system has been out since June 2015 so there are many people on this site who have tried this and love it. Not only for better slow speed control but for better high speed handling as well . Adding the huge keel to the center of the boat has a tendency to resist quick responsive turns at speed, since a keel will make a boat want to keep traveling straight, This has become very popular with people using their boats for water sports and certainly for the female operators who usually do not like to drive jet boats.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
NEW UPDATE on the MAGNUM A K system built specifically for your twin engine articulating keel jet boats. This system has been available for over 2 years with great results, it provides your boat with additional steering at all speeds, it provides your boat with a second tie rod for a balanced operation of the factory keel thus increasing the longevity of the steering components and providing redundancy.
Originally we also offered you the option of purchasing a second tie rod kit with all the necessary hardware to add to your original steering even if you did not add any extra steering so that you could benefit from the balanced work load it offered.
When my new web site was put in place this option was deleted . People have requested that I put that option back on the web page and it is now available.

Next I would like to mention the A K FANGS . These are small fins added to the MAGNUM A K steering system to provide a power steering effect and improve reverse handling on the ARTICULATING KEEL twin engine boats.
My focus was to improve the reverse handling by corralling the reverse water as it exited the bottom of the nozzle under the boat to better direct that force while improving the stopping power of the reverse thrust as everyone who operates a jet boat knows the effect of reverse in avoiding striking the dock etc.
The fangs also use the water to help turn the steering by extending the front of the fang past the pivot point of the nozzle so the water pushes on the system and actually reduces the work load of your entire steering system.
The A K fangs were very inexpensive however there was no option for adding 2 per nozzle and in the reverse and stopping power arena that extra fang is exceptionally effective.
So I now have a system that is currently being tested that will allow my current and future MAGNUM A K STEERING customers to add two fangs per nozzle to their system, I am also making it so that any Yamaha jet boat with the exception of the 19 foot A K boats with steering added or not can utilize the system as a stand alone system but it is more than just a set of fangs it is a set of " MEGA FANGS" MORE REVERSE, MORE STOPPING POWER AND MORE POWER STEERING.
I estimate the price to be in the 100 dollar per nozzle area depending on what pieces your setup needs .
To expound on this if you have the later model ultimate steering with the side force stabilizers that are fang compatible it will cost around 85 dollars per nozzle if you need to add a base plate for the fangs it will run about 25 dollars more per nozzle, if you have thrust vectors I am building a base plate compatible with your system so that you can add power steering and a greatly enhanced REVERSE steering and better stopping power without needing a new system unless you want enhanced steering control at all speeds for water sports etc !
SO, B. O. L.O. for the new MEGA FANGS!!

Overtime81

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
NEW UPDATE on the MAGNUM A K system built specifically for your twin engine articulating keel jet boats. This system has been available for over 2 years with great results, it provides your boat with additional steering at all speeds, it provides your boat with a second tie rod for a balanced operation of the factory keel thus increasing the longevity of the steering components and providing redundancy.
Originally we also offered you the option of purchasing a second tie rod kit with all the necessary hardware to add to your original steering even if you did not add any extra steering so that you could benefit from the balanced work load it offered.
When my new web site was put in place this option was deleted . People have requested that I put that option back on the web page and it is now available.

Next I would like to mention the A K FANGS . These are small fins added to the MAGNUM A K steering system to provide a power steering effect and improve reverse handling on the ARTICULATING KEEL twin engine boats.
My focus was to improve the reverse handling by corralling the reverse water as it exited the bottom of the nozzle under the boat to better direct that force while improving the stopping power of the reverse thrust as everyone who operates a jet boat knows the effect of reverse in avoiding striking the dock etc.
The fangs also use the water to help turn the steering by extending the front of the fang past the pivot point of the nozzle so the water pushes on the system and actually reduces the work load of your entire steering system.
The A K fangs were very inexpensive however there was no option for adding 2 per nozzle and in the reverse and stopping power arena that extra fang is exceptionally effective.
So I now have a system that is currently being tested that will allow my current and future MAGNUM A K STEERING customers to add two fangs per nozzle to their system, I am also making it so that any Yamaha jet boat with the exception of the 19 foot A K boats with steering added or not can utilize the system as a stand alone system but it is more than just a set of fangs it is a set of " MEGA FANGS" MORE REVERSE, MORE STOPPING POWER AND MORE POWER STEERING.
I estimate the price to be in the 100 dollar per nozzle area depending on what pieces your setup needs .
To expound on this if you have the later model ultimate steering with the side force stabilizers that are fang compatible it will cost around 85 dollars per nozzle if you need to add a base plate for the fangs it will run about 25 dollars more per nozzle, if you have thrust vectors I am building a base plate compatible with your system so that you can add power steering and a greatly enhanced REVERSE steering and better stopping power without needing a new system unless you want enhanced steering control at all speeds for water sports etc !
Thats awesome. Glad I've waited to buy the CJS system. Looking forward to getting them installed and trying them out in the spring

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

This is very good news! - the MEGAs should kick a$$ if they have as much bite as the double FANGS (w/ Ultimates) in singles.

--

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Earlier today all the posts with pictures of the Magnum A K steering system were displaying those pictures just fine ,now they all appear to have vanished from a variety of posts not just this one, I will see what I can do to repost all of them sorry I have no idea what caused these to disappear
Magnum A K series on boat.jpg magnum a k steering with fangs.jpg
magnum ak with the original ak fangs added

Last edited:

F.M.

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
I ordered and installed the Magnum AK with fangs about a month ago on my 2017 242X. Because of work and weather, I just finally got a chance to go out this past weekend.

First, the install was straight forward and super simple. I did have a problem with the length of the tie rod bolt being too long. But, after talking through everything with Jeff on the phone and a quick cut on the bolt, install was smooth sailing from there.

After getting out on Sunday afternoon, I felt like I was driving a different boat. Slow speed maneuvering in the marina was amazing. These fins made docking even easier than it already was. Reverse handling is no longer nonexistent. At speed, the steering now takes so much less effort, it almost feels like power steering.

Jeff is on top of things, and Yamaha could learn a thing or two from this guy. If you don't have a Cobra Jet Steering system, you should.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Thank you, after you mentioned the bolt was too long I actually check every other bolt in my inventory to insure there were no other incorrect bolts somehow a 5 mm length was mixed in with the 4.5 mm bolts.

Lion

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
So I am checking out the Forum board and saw this discussion....
I just now a few minutes ago purchased the CJ AK with the new Mega Fangs.
Thank you again Jeff for the smooth transaction!

Lion

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Hey Jeff,
Received my CJ w/ Fangs today. Thanks for the fast shipping,