• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Enforcing Trailer Guide Posts - What’s The Best Way?

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Here I am reading the entire thread. Thinking along the way, why wouldn't a dab of 5200 work, or maybe an inner tube, OOOO I know.....plasti-dip the area.......It appears I'm several months late to the party.....at least I had some good ideas along the way :D :D

At any rate, we have a water jet and Laser cutter here in the building. If anyone wants those plates remade in a thicker piece of 316 stainless let me know. I'll need a drawing with some dimensions, but can easily get them cut for not much cash.

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Depends on cost, but I'd definitely be interested in a set of thicker plates. I'll see if I can get a template next weekend if nobody else can get them sooner.

AZMark

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Good point, I might have considered that if not for my boat buckles are in the way. Don't have a good picture shot showing the trailer after the guides were re-done but here is one - this is with 4,000+ miles on the trailer, no movement so far!
View attachment 106175

--
@swatski Off topic & late, but what are those mirrors you are using on the LC? Those look nice.

Sweet pic, I'd be nervous to launch in that spot!

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Just got my vee-vee guides prepped with some primer. The new trailers have a coating that's rough and flat black, so I found a bottle of "truck bed" spray paint to throw on them.

AZMark

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Just got my vee-vee guides prepped with some primer. The new trailers have a coating that's rough and flat black, so I found a bottle of "truck bed" spray paint to throw on them.
I just ordered some galvanized ones from them today. I thought about painting them but not sure if I care that much.

Were yours galvanized or zinc?

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Went with the galvanized version. Here they are being primed. Full tack and install tomorrow. 7A34288E-A0E0-4DD2-884B-83A43F1A3281.jpeg

Roger Vrooman

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH
Boat Length
So glad I found this thread... Looking for why I am having such a difficult time hooking up and disconnecting from the ball and find this gem... Thanks Swatski!!! Went and checked mine, and totally botched the installation... Both are now on correctly, haven't done the 5200 yet, want to bang the boat into them a couple of times to see if they move as is ;-) Already used to having to adjust at least one after every trip up the ramp ;-). Great thread, thanks again!!!

AZMark

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
So glad I found this thread... Looking for why I am having such a difficult time hooking up and disconnecting from the ball and find this gem... Thanks Swatski!!! Went and checked mine, and totally botched the installation... Both are now on correctly, haven't done the 5200 yet, want to bang the boat into them a couple of times to see if they move as is ;-) Already used to having to adjust at least one after every trip up the ramp ;-). Great thread, thanks again!!!
I just wrapped some traction tape around my frame to protect the paint & installed the veve guides over it. They seem to hold very tight. 5200 would be overkill I think.