• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Engine Compartment Storage

sastocky

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
What do you store in your engine compartment?

There are two large areas to each side of the engines. Tools? Covers? What do you use it for and what should you NOT store in there?

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Do not store things that handle heat badly or you need quick access to.

I have batteries and a water tank for a shower in the engine compartment. I have thought about adding cheap life jackets to the lid as sound deadening and for LE inspections.

johnso30

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Good question. I’ve also been thinking about what else could be added. There’s so much space there in the AR250’s that seems like it’s going to waste…

I do like Bruce’s old life jacket idea.

sastocky

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Bump…photos please!!

1WetBoat

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Im getting ready to add a third battery to the empty space on Starboard side of the engine compartment. While the extra space does make it easier and roomier to work in there, i want to maximize the unused space. Maybe use the starboard side to store a tool set so I don't have to keep it under the helm.

sastocky

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Surely there is someone out there they has utilized this space. I am thinking tool boxes, deflated tube storage, IMG_9821.jpeg

Not the obvious things such as fluids, oil, , etc.

I was thinking add an 8” or 12” starboard divider between motor and space.

I am going to do something but was just looking for others input and ideas or experiences.

Attachments

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Surely there is someone out there they has utilized this space. I am thinking tool boxes, deflated tube storage, View attachment 222331

Not the obvious things such as fluids, oil, , etc.

I was thinking add an 8” or 12” starboard divider between motor and space.

I am going to do something but was just looking for others input and ideas or experiences.
First thing I’d do would be to get those batteries inside battery boxes to protect other things from getting acid on them.

You are going to need some way to keep items secured in those areas, perhaps some sort of bungee netting secured below the edge next to the engines, and some hooks back up under the area away from the engines. Plastic totes or something to keep small items organized? You’ve got a fair amount of storage there.