• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Exhaust Manifold Replacement 180 hrs

PapaBear

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
I have a 2015 195 Impuse SC with 180 hrs.
Page 77 of Rotax manual shows a upper catalyst return line... Well it didn't just blow off it broke right off. Corroded right thru I guess. I can post some pics when I get them.

PapaBear

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Question for you guys what am I doing wrong.
I wash my boat every time thoroughly. I run hose water no longer than two minutes after every use. It is stored indoor in a rack. It is mainly used in salt water.

PapaBear

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
So I got it at MM and I had the guys check the rest of the hoses and they seemed to be in good condition.

wango tango

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Wow, is possible to cut that fitting off drill and tap for a new fitting, like stainless .

PapaBear

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
That's why I came here... Anyone else have this problem yet... Or maybe I'm washing it wrong.
Also if it's this bad for the fitting well the whole part could be compromised.

wango tango

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Sorry I'm in fresh water, I see your point about what's in side.
Hope someone can help

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Ouch! That stinks! I would explore a bunch of places and see if they just have bad construction. Do you use salt away when you get off the water? Flushing with salt away or similar should help a lot.

Cambo

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
The older yamaha mr1 had a zink anode built into the cooling line . That could help if there was a way to do it . The outboards have them as well

Elio195HOI

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Other
Question for you guys what am I doing wrong.
I wash my boat every time thoroughly. I run hose water no longer than two minutes after every use. It is stored indoor in a rack. It is mainly used in salt water.
Even the clamps look corroded a little. Do you ever hose down the entire engine? Speaking with others in the industry, they all recommended hosing down the entire engine after running in Salt Water. I typically Cover the intake Filter with a Bag and hose down the entire engine and enclosure. Also, I too had corrosion on my clamps and found the cat was spiting water out while under load from around the Bolts. By looking at the part that broke, I'm sure you can have someone either drill and tap a new fitting or cut off the old fitting and weld a new bung for a few dollars.

Elio195HOI

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Other
Salt water is nasty and brutal. I never anticipated the damage it could cause in such a short time if left untreated. My trailer was slowly falling apart soon after the purchase of the boat in 2015. I've replaced the side bunks, which completely rotted away and fell off at a boat ram. All the hard brake lines, braking system completely and suspension so far.

PapaBear

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
We talked about doing that... Or putting a fix to it... But there is alot of corrosion on the inside that a new part for me feels better than a patch job.
I don't normally hose my engine down.... I will just mist it with my garden hose. I guess that's not enough.

Going forward I will do this... And guys have recommended using Corrosion X before I get on the water.

I'm kinda embarrassed as I thought I was doing a good job.

Elio195HOI

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Other
We talked about doing that... Or putting a fix to it... But there is alot of corrosion on the inside that a new part for me feels better than a patch job.
I don't normally hose my engine down.... I will just mist it with my garden hose. I guess that's not enough.

Going forward I will do this... And guys have recommended using Corrosion X before I get on the water.

I'm kinda embarrassed as I thought I was doing a good job.
Trust me, If i could go back to day one, I would do so many things Different.....

PapaBear

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Update... MM removed and replaced exhaust Manifold. It is one piece cast iron. They don't do Jerry rig repairs... Good news thought they pulled all of the hoses off... Checked all connections and replaced all of the hardware. 700$
I also got second battery installed for 200$.
I purchased a hose flush system for the motor flush... And I will do a better job I guess of washing the engine.