• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Finally broke her in, now upgrades and build

jocolo21

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Great thread! Following. Looking forward to your driving impressions. Meanwhile, I'm still under wraps here on Long Island...
View attachment 143636
you will like it drives different from the previous hull design and the tower doesnt rattled like on the 2019

jocolo21

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
For those with the 252 series the console at tje helm is not sealed or flush with the fire wall, thats what i call it , my audio equipment is there and whe strong showers or claning the boat water WILL go there and can damage your expensive amps, i just did a bead of clear marine silicone to make sure water have a harder time getting back there.

20210307_140939.jpg20210307_140939.jpg20210307_140955.jpg20210307_141134.jpg

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Did the exact same thing for my anchor locker. 3/8” thru hull. Thats how it should be from the factory. Not some plastic bs that dumps in the bilge.
Nice. Do you have a link for that?

jocolo21

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Nice. Do you have a link for that?
I’ll look on my Amazon history if it was a bit longer I could have use the nut inside the locker,all I did fill the gap with 4200 put paper inside the Darin to keep the silicon from getting in it and tapped it wit a rubber mallet

mrcleanr6

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
275SD
Boat Length

jocolo21

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length

mrcleanr6

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
275SD
Boat Length
I could see if that locker liner has too big a gap between the hull then it would be too short. The whole problem is that the liner is not set right and there is a gap that shouldnt be there. Mine had a gap but wasnt terrible. 1/8” maybe from what i could tell. The thru hull was perfect length for that. No nut should be fine as long as you have the end sealed on the anchor locker side. Sounds like you did good with the 4200.

ken4motion

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
So today, I installed a new onboard dual battery charger. The Noco Genius 10X2 fits perfectly in there. It's a beast! My observation is after hooking up the batteries is that I have two marine starting batteries installed new from dealer. Is not this supposed to have a marine deep cycle for the "house???"

20210320_165600.jpg20210320_164700.jpg

mrcleanr6

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
275SD
Boat Length
So today, I installed a new onboard dual battery charger. The Noco Genius 10X2 fits perfectly in there. It's a beast! My observation is after hooking up the batteries is that I have two marine starting batteries installed new from dealer. Is not this supposed to have a marine deep cycle for the "house???"

View attachment 144797View attachment 144798
not really. 2 start batteries will do just as good a job

AZMark

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
What fitting did you use? I am thinking of doing the bilge and pissers and with the issues I have heard about this drain I was thinking of maybe putting a fitting here also.
There’s a link to it a couple of posts up. 3/8 thru hull, lots of them on Amazon.

ADA racing makes nice pisser & bilge pump fittings but nothing flat & small enough for the anchor drain.

Richard Bares

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
There’s a link to it a couple of posts up. 3/8 thru hull, lots of them on Amazon.

ADA racing makes nice pisser & bilge pump fittings but nothing flat & small enough for the anchor drain.
Thanks, found it. I was going to go with the ADA Racing fitting for the bilge and bypass fittings. I'm wondering if a 45 or 90 degree fitting would work for the anchor drain to prevent water coming in. I need to get to the boat to look at this stuff.

Last edited:

jocolo21

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Thanks, found it. I was going to go with the ADA Racing fitting for the bilge and bypass fittings. I'm wondering if a 45 or 90 degree fitting would work for the anchor drain to prevent water coming in. I need to get to the boat to look at this stuff.
45 degrees you want the stream away from the boat

jocolo21

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
So this past weekend I was finally able to the it to the ocean, what a difference between the 2019 and 2021 whatever changes they did to the hull are well worth it, we went thru some big boat wake the wife braced for impact ......nothing and bump then the boat stayed planted, she looked and me smile and the stood up.now she always stayed seated with the 242se she never felt too confident, on the 252 after the first wake she stood the whole time. My boating buddy all he could talk about how different it felt. The wind was blowing hard in Clearwater/Tampa area this past weekend so you can imaging the condition we were boating in.
That said docking in the wind for inexperienced yummy boaters is still a challenge, this is my 3rd Yamaha 07, 19, and 2021. For those waiting for 21 and 27 footers I would wait for the new hull, it’s worth the wait, but this is solely my opinion. Love the boat love the way it rides in the ocean, I’m only talkin 1 to 3 footers if you constantly ride I bigger ocean get a boat for that , for me I just cruise to sand bars and stay there all day the cruise to a nearby restaurant for late dinner and onto the dock.