• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Finally broke her in, now upgrades and build

Sarconen10

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XE
Boat Length
@jocolo21 did you get the black mooring cover from your dealer or from another source? Everything ive read on the forum is that no one has received the Yamaha mooring cover for the 25 footers yet. Any info is appreciated.

jocolo21

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
@jocolo21 did you get the black mooring cover from your dealer or from another source? Everything ive read on the forum is that no one has received the Yamaha mooring cover for the 25 footers yet. Any info is appreciated.
got it from jbpilot but i ordered it in december

jocolo21

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
2 more jl 8.8 are up and installed i used 2.375 tower mounts 2 fixed 2 swivel, if you are gonna do it make up your mind if you want 2 or 4 speakers and do it at once or it will be harder i had to route the new wires port side and go all the way around to the helm where i keep my amps, you can see how the wires go from the front pipe thru the xbars to the back pipe. i feel on the 2021 if i used the front i will hit my head more often, also you can see the RGB wiring for the tower speakers, decide on this as well before you choose you tower speakers, i switch my RGB CONTROLLER way better than the last.

174496720_263337045442120_3161108459045320752_n.jpg

Attachments

Scott1965

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
do you have a part number for the big air? Picking up my. 252SE next week and wanted to order one as well. Thanks!

Onserve212X

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Did the exact same thing for my anchor locker. 3/8” thru hull. Thats how it should be from the factory. Not some plastic bs that dumps in the bilge.
Your post caught my attention. I have a 212X that holds 4-5 gallons of water for some reason. The dealer said it is normal. When the forklift lifts the boat out of the water for storage, he tilts the boat slightly and a large amount of water comes out the drain ports. The bilge is working fine. Does water really come in the anchor locker thru hull and to the bilge? I would love to pinpoint the source of all this water stuck in the hull. It is not warm water, so I ruled out anything from the engine. When the boat is level, no water comes out of the drain plug area.

tkeru408

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Your post caught my attention. I have a 212X that holds 4-5 gallons of water for some reason. The dealer said it is normal. When the forklift lifts the boat out of the water for storage, he tilts the boat slightly and a large amount of water comes out the drain ports. The bilge is working fine. Does water really come in the anchor locker thru hull and to the bilge? I would love to pinpoint the source of all this water stuck in the hull. It is not warm water, so I ruled out anything from the engine. When the boat is level, no water comes out of the drain plug area.
Definitely could be where your extra water is coming from. It's an easy enough and cheap enough fix to give it a try. The thru hull fitting and some 4200 or 5200 will only run you ~$20 and it only takes 30 minutes or less to change out. I wasn't getting a ton of water in my 252SE, but I still decided to change mine out last weekend.

kgower

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222SE
Boat Length

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Why run to sets of speaker wires, instead of running each set parallel in 2 ohms? Running those wires sucked lol, my sticky pads at the stop no longer stick, did you have the same issue?

jocolo21

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Th
Why run to sets of speaker wires, instead of running each set parallel in 2 ohms? Running those wires sucked lol, my sticky pads at the stop no longer stick, did you have the same issue?
the jl8.8 are 4ohms i got a jl800/8 pumping 200w per channel @ 4homs so each speaker is getting 200w, they sound purfect, then i got 2 jl 700/5 powering 8 jl speakers inside the boat the oem ws 10" sub and a 12" wetsound,bazooka .somehow the pads still stick. Yes it was a pita to wired.

kgower

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222SE
Boat Length

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
That’s funny I just got my SpeakerSox on Saturday, they seem great so far.

kgower

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222SE
Boat Length