• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Fire Extinguisher Mounts

sastocky

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I mounted my fire extinguishers today in my ‘21 AR250. They are located under the rear port cushion and under the helm locker.

I used two of these mounts from Amazon.

I will need to add industrial Velcro or a magnet to keep the two doors from swinging when open due to the weight of the fire extinguisher mounted on the door. It bugged me before I mounted the FE but it is worse now.

Attachments

sastocky

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I used stainless tapered head 1/4”x3/4” screws for the port side screwing into the poly board under the cushion. It is holding well. I pre-drilled the holes and ground the tip of the screws flat to prevent poking holes in the above cushion.

I used a flush 1/4”x1” carriage bolt and an acorn nut to mount the on the helm locker door.

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Why did you mount it on the folding partition? That's a nice wind blocker, and the weight of that fire extinguisher over time may distort or even damage the door, fittings, or screws holding things in, possibly making it unusable.

If you're good with the location under the seat, you may want to remove the mount and epoxy the screws in as well, to help lessen any chance of stripping out on the screws and strengthen the area.

sastocky

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Why did you mount it on the folding partition? That's a nice wind blocker, and the weight of that fire extinguisher over time may distort or even damage the door, fittings, or screws holding things in, possibly making it unusable.

If you're good with the location under the seat, you may want to remove the mount and epoxy the screws in as well, to help lessen any chance of stripping out on the screws and strengthen the area.
In my 30 years of boating we have only used a wind blocker 5ish times. I don’t think that is applied enough pressure to hurt it. If so I could pop it off the mount when the blocker is open. We are sunny day midwestern boaters…but hoping to do more destination boating. I’ll keep an eye on it.

I’ll probably do that. Good idea. I wanted to get a carriage bolt through a keyhole or something but decided to try a screw. I was surprised at how much bite the plastic under the seat has.

sastocky

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Some Industrial Velcro did the trick from keeping the wind screen from unfolding when the door is opened.
IMG_9937.jpegI would recommend everyone do this regardless of the fire extinguisher.

I hate using Velcro and contemplated using a snap and strap, but in this application I think the Velcro would suffice.

Attachments