• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

FSH 210 Order

F1NZ UPP

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I put a deposit down in mid-August on a 210 FSH Sport with an aluminum trailer in northern Ohio. I've checked in with the dealer a couple times since the deposit and have gotten no real answers to when anything may arrive. I've seen others get the same boat for the last couple months and I've even seen one come up at a dealership in a neighboring state that was not spoken for. I kick myself for not attempting to go buy it immediately.

I'm starting to question whether my dealership (or any Yamaha dealership) actually has control over what boats are sent to them. If that's the case, it makes my "order" actual nonsense.

I'm not new to Yamaha jet boats as I used to own an AR240, but sold it because I thought we wanted a cabin cruiser. The cruiser was short lived and we are coming back a jet boat.

Besides my general frustration with the lack of information, my real question is this - I can find a number of FSH 195 Sport boats with painted trailers.

Do I just commit to a 195?

Here are my issues:
1. I really like have 2 engines in case of an emergency.
2. I boat primarily on Lake Erie. Grew up in a 19 foot Wellcraft, but still feel it's small to island hop or travel any distance over the lake.
3. As I'm financing the boat, interest rates will jump over the next few months when the FED takes action to curb inflation.
4. We live right on the water, so I sold my AR240 because we just weren't using it like I did when I didn't live on the lake. Committing to a 195 saves me $15000, if I happen to just use the boat sporadically.
5. I wanted the aluminum trailer, so I can take the boat back and forth to FL or elsewhere on vacation. The 195s would transport better, but I'd hate for the trailer to rot out in a year or so.
6. I hate the bow seating on the 195s.
7. Boat would be 75%/25% probably family/fishing. I only have a family of 3 and rarely have more than 4/5 people in total on my boat.

If it were me I would get the FSH210. If you can find another one again, snag it and pull your deposit. I see the popping up here and there. Even if it is a good ways a way, big deal, take a long road trip. I boat on the great lakes. Bigger is better as you well know. Saw one floating around up here at Wonderland Marine in Michigan a week or so ago in stock I thought.

If it were me I would get the FSH210. If you can find another one again, snag it and pull your deposit. I see the popping up here and there. Even if it is a good ways a way, big deal, take a long road trip. I boat on the great lakes. Bigger is better as you well know. Saw one floating around up here at Wonderland Marine in Michigan a week or so ago in stock I thought.
I’m pretty sure Wonderland is where I saw the 210. Kicking myself as it’s about an hour from my house….Yamaha doesn’t make it easy on it’s website to find dealers either. They usually only give you 3 dealers based off the zip code you enter. I found one in TN, but some places are weird about selling out of their zone (as Yamaha supposedly doesn’t allow it).

You ordered the 210 for a reason. I think if you pick up something else that you really don't absolutely want, it would be a mistake and you'll be kicking yourself and not enjoying. Look around to see what if any are available - you might get lucky. I ordered mine same time as yours and it came in late January....the dealer did say it could be as late as May and told me to be patient, it would come.

Last edited:
I put a deposit down in mid-August on a 210 FSH Sport with an aluminum trailer in northern Ohio. I've checked in with the dealer a couple times since the deposit and have gotten no real answers to when anything may arrive. I've seen others get the same boat for the last couple months and I've even seen one come up at a dealership in a neighboring state that was not spoken for. I kick myself for not attempting to go buy it immediately.

I'm starting to question whether my dealership (or any Yamaha dealership) actually has control over what boats are sent to them. If that's the case, it makes my "order" actual nonsense.

I'm not new to Yamaha jet boats as I used to own an AR240, but sold it because I thought we wanted a cabin cruiser. The cruiser was short lived and we are coming back a jet boat.

Besides my general frustration with the lack of information, my real question is this - I can find a number of FSH 195 Sport boats with painted trailers.

Do I just commit to a 195?

Here are my issues:
1. I really like have 2 engines in case of an emergency.
2. I boat primarily on Lake Erie. Grew up in a 19 foot Wellcraft, but still feel it's small to island hop or travel any distance over the lake.
3. As I'm financing the boat, interest rates will jump over the next few months when the FED takes action to curb inflation.
4. We live right on the water, so I sold my AR240 because we just weren't using it like I did when I didn't live on the lake. Committing to a 195 saves me $15000, if I happen to just use the boat sporadically.
5. I wanted the aluminum trailer, so I can take the boat back and forth to FL or elsewhere on vacation. The 195s would transport better, but I'd hate for the trailer to rot out in a year or so.
6. I hate the bow seating on the 195s.
7. Boat would be 75%/25% probably family/fishing. I only have a family of 3 and rarely have more than 4/5 people in total on my boat.

I agree with @HangOutdoors and @Yammi have said. Be patient, and get what you want. Don’t be a victim of FOMO.

The biggest thing I see on your list at #6 should be [HASH=108]#1,[/HASH] you hate the bow seating of the 195. In my opinion that will drive you nuts, especially when you do have the rare 4-5 people on the boat. 80% of the time I boat by myself, my friend who helping me decide on which boat to get was trying to get me to go with the 195 over the 210 since it is smaller and less weight, but I wanted the bow seating for the guests I wanted to have at times, and the storage. After having the boat for two seasons my friend who was helping me decide on which boat to get said to me a while back he was glad I got the 210, not only for the extra length and bow seating, but how that extra length was used in the bow. When I have my main two fishing buddies along they each have a side in the bow for their tackle and gear, both on the seat and in the storage areas under those seats. You can have the extra room and not need it / use it, but if you don’t have the extra room you just don’t have it. Plus I added the JBP casting deck and cushions that make for a nice sun pad and I slept there for a week at Lake Powell last summer. And because I have the 210 with its bow seating my friends and I were able to really enjoy the boat at Lake Powell where I had 6-7 people on board most days. Other times at the local lakes I’m able to have 6-7 people on board comfortably when I’m towing them around on tubes.

I love having the security of the twin engines for my forays out onto bigger lakes, but most of the time I’m on smaller lakes and the twin engines provide excellent maneuverability. And interestingly enough the 210 FSH with its twin TR-1 engines gets better fuel economy than the 195 sport with its single super charged 1.8L. The 210 FSH with its 10 gallon larger fuel tank also has a 50 mile greater range. Comparing best cruise gph the 210 uses 2 gph less fuel than the 195, if you used the 210 50 hours in a year that’s 100 gallons less fuel, fuel at $5 a gallon that’s $500 less in fuel cost.

Fuel usage test from boat test for the 210 FSH.

D54776D6-B561-434B-906A-9DA8B27BD7F5.jpeg

Fuel usage test 195 FSH Sport from boat test.

5D36C9D6-AD9E-4407-9518-E3A26583C8DD.jpeg

You are right that the fed is going to raise rates, but only .25 % in Q1&2. They’re walking a thin line between inflationary pressures and an economy that is still struggling to recover.

If all you can get is the painted trailer you can always sell that trailer and get the aluminum trailer later.

For those times that you fish, the 210’s bow area provides a lot more room for people to fish.

Those are my observations from the last two seasons, I’m so glad I got the 210.

Back