• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Gate Adjustment Needed 252XE?

gthorson

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252XE
Boat Length
This is a very fine tune type question. Like normal I bump out of neutral into minimum forward. I notice that when I push the throttle a little further forward the gates open a little more and it gives me more forward thrust with no increase in RPMs. I like this greater amount of thrust but it is really tough to get the throttle to stay in this location. Should I be looking at gate adjustments to get the gates to open more at minimum forward or is this a normal fly by wire condition that can't be overcome?

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
So, I think the first position should be the TDE position, is that what your manual says?

When cruising do you have any issues with the rpms dropping off?

gthorson

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252XE
Boat Length
I guess if I read the manual I'd have known that :banghead:. A second detent where you have an indication of gates fully open would be nice. I guess I'll resign myself to a life of finding that tiny balance beyond TDE where the gates open full without raising the engine rpms.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I guess if I read the manual I'd have known that :banghead:. A second detent where you have an indication of gates fully open would be nice. I guess I'll resign myself to a life of finding that tiny balance beyond TDE where the gates open full without raising the engine rpms.
You have begun your quest for enlightenment by RTM lol!

So I re read your initial post and a thought occurred to me, have you tried using the no wake mode switch to get that little extra bit of speed? Using the no wake mode button at level 3 in the TDE position gives you a lot of directional control at slow speed.

Does your boat have the electric shifting?

gthorson

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252XE
Boat Length
I read a few posts that talked about the combination of TDE and No Wake Mode. I'll be trying that though my goal is to not have the rpm's up as I maneuver and then pull away from the dock. Also, I don't notice any rpm drops as speed and I thought the XE was all electronic shifting.