• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

General Insurance Question...who are you using

Scuba_ref

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hello everyone,

We have had State Farm for 20 years and are thinking of divorcing them. Have seen a noticeable decline in their customer service. My daughter had a terrible time with them getting her brand new car repaired after hitting an enormous dog at 60 mph.

We recently moved to the Phoenix area and have to change agents anyway, so thought we might look at carriers as well.

Any recommendations?

Acard7

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Went through hell with our hail claims from last month with State Farm. My local agent really helped us make sure we got the money we deserved, but totally agree that the service is absolutely horrible anymore. Been with them for 18 years and really thinking about moving on as well.

I’ve heard good things about American Family Insurance. Farm bureau I don’t believe is too bad either.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I have American Family, I’ve had two claims on my truck and their alacrity was amazing. The agency owner even called to make sure everything was proceeding quickly. I have all my insurance with them which gets me discounts on the bundled package.

nobodyneeds2

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LX
Boat Length
I think insurance mostly depends on where you are , state farm most of my life , but when we moved to colorado, we dropped them and went to progressive because the agents were less than helpful and the rates quadrupled, moved to ark in 2018 , dropped progressive and found an independent agent because of the same issues we had when we moved to colorado, same thing when we moved back to alabama in 2021 , went back to state farm , moved to fl last fall , shopped around for a while , moved home insurance to an independent, kept trucks and boat with state farm,it all depends on where you are and who you talk to , do some research and you'll usually make the right choice