• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Got a new towing rig! ...and mods to 1500 Ram

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Are there benefits to the front adjustable shocks?

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
They claim it tightens up the ride a bit, as well as bringing it up from I think 1.5-2.8" to help level it out. That's really the only reason I'm buying them. If leveling the front brings my ball down 1/8", it will be a whole lot easier getting the boat hooked up. I don't wanna change my hitch as I have a quiet aluminum one.

Eurocat

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Very nice work on that cluster veedubtek. couldn't tell it apart form that pic now.
I went with the Laramie for the overall upgrades and since I usually have ppl with me form the office I figured it covered all the bases. it is like a luxury car on a pickup body.
The entertainment system is just about the best I have had, better than Infinity or Mercedes.
I just can't replicate your mileage. Granted I spend a bit of my commute in traffic, and 25% is city driving. (highway is usually "spirited driving) but my usual average is a mere 22 mpg. This is still an improvement since my best on the infinity under same conditions was 18.5 mph, and on my Durango hemi was 17mph, but far from 30.

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I average probably 23 if I commute with it, which is a really bad baseline. 12 miles, maybe 1/2 highway, and barely reaches operating temp. My buddy has the same truck in 2WD, and plugs his in every morning to warm up before he leaves (35 mile highway commute). His average is 35.4 right now.

I may have lost some throwing the 20's on there, or calibration is off a bit. Saw 30 on the way to the dealer yesterday. 22.6 towing the skis 3.5 hours each way this past weekend. Those numbers are down from what I was getting last year. Not that those numbers are anything to complain about! I do drive her very conservatively though.

Eurocat

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Guess we are not far apart then, I can see 30's if it's traffic free driving and I feather it. Mine already came with 20's, extended cab an the 6 ft bed (vs the shorter one). all of these accrue on the released mileage numbers so I knew if was going to be tough. Not that I am complaining (much), but I thought it would be slight better for the cost vs the 6 cyl.

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Update to my bedcover..... I still like it but the heat is causing some strange warping and collects water a little more now.

image.jpeg

njmr2fan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We still love our Ram. We have the V6 rear wheel drive crew cab. On longer highway trips we've gotten as high as 25.6mpg, we seem to average 22.3 so consistently that I thought something in the computer was screwy. I started hand calculating and its what i've gotten that way too so were pretty stoked.

@Murf'n'surf Is that warrantable through BAK? So far so good with the Revolver cover.

Eurocat

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Murf'n'surf , that is strange, I haven't had any issues with mine.
My driveway has a little more pitch than yours, but I haven't had any issues with water while parked anywhere. No warping either. Then again, you do live in FL, and the higher temps might have something to do with it.
only other explanation is if usually have stuff resting on it, or you sit on it. (not likely... but you never know).

@njmr2fan, rear wheel only was not really an option for me. I need the 4x4 for the kind of winters we have up this way. massive mileage loss there alone.

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
It is under warranty, I'm kicking the idea of a warranty swap around. That would be the 2nd one!

Nobody or thing has ever been on the cover while closed or folded open.

Eurocat

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
have you contacted them at all regarding the issue? if they do swap it, it might be worth the trouble.

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
have you contacted them at all regarding the issue? if they do swap it, it might be worth the trouble.
I have not called yet. I'm debating it due to the last replacement needing some TLC to get it up to par. I might wait until the warranty is just about to expire.

njmr2fan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Eurocat, I get it man, We just moved from Bergen County to Augusta GA! So long snow!
@njmr2fan, rear wheel only was not really an option for me. I need the 4x4 for the kind of winters we have up this way. massive mileage loss there alone.[/QUOTE]

Eurocat

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
You are a lucky man. I have been trying to convince my boss to let me run the company from FL since we do have an office there, but he keeps telling me he needs close to him here in NJ.
I got to figure something out, this 6 month boating/biking season is too short.

dancathy

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Got the wife a new 2016 F150 Platinum. It looks a lot better pulling the boat than her old Sport Trac. She's a little nervous about the Pro Trailer Assist but it's pretty cool.0226161126a.jpg

Eurocat

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
You gave your wife a pick up truck? man... I am not sure that sends the right message...
It is a terribly nice pick up truck thou. Congrats.

njmr2fan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I gave mine the same thing. It really increased her "stock" as a southern girl. But then, everyone down here drives a pickup so its almost expected...

Eurocat

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Murf'n'surf
Sorry to dig this up, but I am having the same problem with the heat warping. it is almost like it melts in the heat. Did you ever talk to anyone at Bakflip regarding this issue?

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Murf'n'surf
Sorry to dig this up, but I am having the same problem with the heat warping. it is almost like it melts in the heat. Did you ever talk to anyone at Bakflip regarding this issue?
I did get it covered under warranty and received a replacement. That replacement is now for sale..... If yours is out of its 1 year warranty, I'll make you a deal! My replacement is still in the factory box, never seen the light of day. (2014 Ram 6.4 bed no ram box)

Keith Hebert

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hey, I just joined this board. I havent read the entire post but I see you picked up a RAM 1500. I have a '14 Laramie. My advise to you if someone hasn't mentioned yet, is to get a set of Airlift 1000 bags. Totally worth it with these trucks and a breeze to install. I did mine with the stock car jack.

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hey, I just joined this board. I havent read the entire post but I see you picked up a RAM 1500. I have a '14 Laramie. My advise to you if someone hasn't mentioned yet, is to get a set of Airlift 1000 bags. Totally worth it with these trucks and a breeze to install. I did mine with the stock car jack.
What improvements do you see with the airbags?