• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Got a new towing rig! ...and mods to 1500 Ram

njmr2fan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Pshhhhh, she's lucky just to be married to me.... LOL. All these cool things are nothing.... :rolleyes:

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Here's a little update on the camera system. I finally got everything installed except a 12v auto sense DVR.

Front cam and cargo cam were installed. Love the look of the OEM smoked 3rd brake light that contains the cargo cam.

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Attachments

Eurocat

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
That looks really great . You got it directly from Mopar? Looks like it illuminates better than the stock.

I just picked up a Laramie crew cab exactly same color as yours, but with the diesel engine. Nice once you get it up to speed, but acceleration is nowhere near the gas engines. can't really tell it's a diesel on highway. Very quiet and smooth. Does feel heavy though. Need to add TV's or something before my kids drive me up a wall in our longer drives towing the boat. Didn't come with bed liner, tonneau cover or steps so I'll have to add those. I saw some good suggestions for covers earlier in the post, but not sure what to do for the other 2. Any Ram fan here a member of a good forum? (found a few, but some seemed very confusing)
The wife is also happy since she now gets my Infinity.
Pics to come...

Eurocat

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Pshhhhh, she's lucky just to be married to me.... LOL. All these cool things are nothing.... :rolleyes:
Lol, that is very true. They are just toys and mean nothing in the overall picture. But they definitely make it more entertaining.

I regularly ask the wife's opinion when buying stuff and I tell her it's because she has impeccable taste. She did marry me after all.

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Yes, it illuminates way better than the stock and it's a Mopar part. I listed the parts earlier in the thread. In order to use it, you'll need to order and install the Customtronix jailbreak software and plug.

I've also found that the new 3rd brake light causes a "brake light out" warning because it does not have as much resistance being LED. I need to add a resistor in the wire harness so the truck computer will see the light. No 3rd brake light also means no cruise control because the Ram senses that light to disengage the cruise. To clarify, the brake light works but the computer doesn't see it.

Ugh! Nothing is easy!

GTBRMC

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Murf'n'surf Do you have all the other jailbreak features working? Specifically, I mean the "performance package" screen shown at about 2:00 - 2:20 in the first youtube video you linked on page 2 of this thread...where all the operating parameters/gauges (oil temp, oil pressure, etc?) Love those features...if they actually work.

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Murf'n'surf Do you have all the other jailbreak features working? Specifically, I mean the "performance package" screen shown at about 2:00 - 2:20 in the first youtube video you linked on page 2 of this thread...where all the operating parameters/gauges (oil temp, oil pressure, etc?) Love those features...if they actually work.
Those do not work on the RAM. For whatever reason they stopped allowing the SRT functions. I think they caused issues with other more relevant options in the software.

Eurocat

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
From what I saw in his website it is not yet available for the US market. Only in the European versions. It might be available later as an update. It would be a neat addition...

GTBRMC

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Those do not work on the RAM. For whatever reason they stopped allowing the SRT functions. I think they caused issues with other more relevant options in the software.
Ah, OK, thanks. I no longer have a Dodge, but have considered doing a similar jailbreak on my Tahoe down the road. Will wait and see.

njmr2fan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Any Ram fan here a member of a good forum? (found a few, but some seemed very confusing)
The wife is also happy since she now gets my Infinity.
Pics to come...
Im on Ramforumz, and RamForum. Ramforumz seems to be the busiest one, to access all feautures though they expect you to pay. Otherwise you cant access things without a $h!tload of posts....

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Im on Ramforumz, and RamForum. Ramforumz seems to be the busiest one, to access all feautures though they expect you to pay. Otherwise you cant access things without a $h!tload of posts....
I just got an email a few weeks ago from one of those two forums saying it's now free or ad free. Both are useful sites, just don't go if you have don't have mod money!!

Eurocat

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I just got an email a few weeks ago from one of those two forums saying it's now free or ad free. Both are useful sites, just don't go if you have don't have mod money!!
LOL.
Unfortunately some mods are necessary, so I rather have some information and not waste the funds available buying item that I will regret later, or find out I could have spent a little more to get something far superior. Thus the need for forums.
But it is extremely tempting once you see all that can be done.
First on the list, which will be done as soon as the shop gets the parts in, is to install a flip down dvd player with dual wireless headphones. Have to keep the kids busy. While it's there they will tint both front windows to match the rear ones.

Have to pick up the rubber floor mats. A must for the boat ramp and winter driving.

I'm waiting on quotes for spray in bedliner, vs drop in or bed mat. also unknown the brand of trifold cover, although i'm leaning towards the bak flip VP. I like the clean look with the vinyl over the hard panels, I think it's the lightest one also.
Btw @Murf'n'surf - did you get your problem resolved with tonneaucoverworld? if you don't recommend them i'll order somewhere else.

Then come the side steps. looking into aluminum ones that won't rust in 2y (got to love Northeast weather and salt packed roads all winter). Considering Iboards, but not finding enough reviews about them.

If anyone here has any recommendations on any of these, please advise away.

TY

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
So here's where I'm at with www.tonneaucoverworld.com

First off, they are a great company on the sales side. I had online chats that answered many questions and called in to order. Calling in with save you another $50 off the price btw.

Ordered on 7/23 and it was delivered to me on the 25th! Wow -- fast "free" delivery! Woot!

Wait a minute.....the rails were in a second box that hadn't even shipped yet. Five days later the rails arrived on the 30th. Not a covers world problem as these items ship direct from manufacturer.

Ok let's get this thing installed.... Wait a minute!! There's a few holes in the vinyl cover. Time to call them and get a replacement. Here's where it gets screwy. I call and explain the situation and reassured it's no problemo and another cover will be shipped out at no cost. No worries! Right?

5 days go by and no box on my porch! Time to call back. I get this BS about how they have to get an RMA from the manufacturer and blah blah blah. Bullshit! I told them I should not have to wait, I want a cover now. This is not my problem. Send me a cover! What is so hard? Cancel the order and send me another as quick as you did in the beginning. Nope, they can't do that.

A few more days go by and still no box on my porch! At this point I've been emailing and asking when it will ship and confirm that they are receiving my emails. Crickets until Monday night when I receive an email saying the replacement has shipped. It is due to arrive on Friday.

So, you can get a cover at the lowest price from these clowns but be prepared if you have issues.

Ordered 7/23
Received 8/14
UNACCEPTIBLE!!!

Eurocat

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Wow, holes in a brand new cover. This does seem like an issue that goes beyond just tonneaucoverworld. The manufacturer should not have shipped a defective cover. Unless it looks like it was done in transit. Did that seem like the case?
If not, the manufacturer is more at fault than the retailer since they never even handled the product. It is poor CS on their side, but in the end albeit very late they resolved it.
Realtrucks seem to have same exact prices, so I might give them a try, unless I don't get the $50 off for calling in, lol.
Which one did you get anyway? (I was reading about how bak flip panels quickly develop defects with most complains coming from their F1 cover which is also among the most expensive, but not sure any other brand is any better...)

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I have ordered the VP. The low profile and one piece look is far better than any other. The VP also will not cover my cargo cam/3rd brake light like other covers will when it's folded.

The defect was caused at the manufacturing level. Looks like the sharp edges of an aluminum rail/side cap caused two small pin hold cuts. Most people wouldn't see it or care about it but I know that those tiny holes would get bigger and then the water intrusion and mold would start far out of the 1 year warranty.

Eurocat

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I agree, the VP seems to be the best overall option. Does it looks like you could replace the vinyl cover on it if it ever went defective without having to replace the rest? (I can source vinyl in any size shape or form relatively cheap).

njmr2fan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I agree, the VP seems to be the best overall option. Does it looks like you could replace the vinyl cover on it if it ever went defective without having to replace the rest? (I can source vinyl in any size shape or form relatively cheap).
I haven't looked at it to see if its replaceable. I bet it is doable.

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I'm pretty happy with my Undercover Flex thus far. Looks pretty much identical to the VP based on the pics I see.