• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

GPS Chartplotter/Depth Sounder recommendation?

ncnmra

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
My boat has a Lowrance Elite 4 that developed a crack on the screen. The maps are also of poor detail. I'd love to get something newer and would like the following features:
- GPS / Plotter (with the best maps possible)
- Depth Gauge
- Water Temperature
- Other info like voltage, speed, are great, but not super mandatory
- Not massive.

I don't care about "fish finding", although seeing the bottom contour would be interesting, albeit I never use that feature. I use the depth and mapping most frequently. The map accuracy would be important without having to pay extra to get more detail.

The Lowrance product offering is very confusing, and I'm open to other brands as I know I'll need to replace my transducer anyway.

PS: I have tried the phone apps for mapping, and they are ok, but I find the dedicated device much more useful.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
A lot of folks here like the Garmin product, the ocean going boys with the FSH seem to like the newer Simrad well enough but don’t how well that would work for your AO. I have a Humminbird Solix with a 10” screen which I have the Lake Master map chips for, for the area’s that I boat in and I’m very satisfied with this unit. I think once you can have a screen with a chart and down imaging you will really like the down imaging to see what’s going on down there.

ncnmra

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Thanks! I like the form factor of the Lowrance. 10" would be awesome, but real estate space is limited. Where do you have it mounted, do you have a photo?