• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Hello from SWFL (Fort Myers) - Anyone else in the area?

Ky2fl22

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
We used to go out to Sanibel a lot, but Ian really jacked that place up. Hopefully, everyone made it through the storm alright. I'm hoping there will be resuming boating activities at some point soon. We miss being on the water and definitely miss floating at Sanibel!

Ericd

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Just picked up on this post. I’m in Estero and launch my 210 FSH from the Estero River. Ian sure tore things up on the outer islands and lower mainland areas, especially near the rivers, but the rebuilding has started and the waterways are getting cleared. The mouth of our river has some new sand banks and seems to be shallower, but the FSH gets thru fine. Cheers

Brad_Ct

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I just saw this also, we are up by the Franklin Locks on the Caloosahatchee River.

CraigAR

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm in Cape Coral as well. We launch near Matlacha and head north to Cayo Costa and Boca sandbar. We haven't been out since the hurricane but with the boat getting a full detail and ceramic package done next week, I'll be antsy to get back out.

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
A bunch of members in that area listed in the members map.

20230309_064406.jpg

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I think it is based on where the isp is located.

FSUjmm

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Im in NE Cape and have been using the Pineland Marina boat ramp. Would be nice to find one in the same area that is not as busy. I really like the Rosen park large double ramp there but its to far to drive all the way back south thru the river.

Hope to see you all out there. Saw a dual console Sunday out near Cayo area.

CraigAR

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I would love to get together with everyone from around this area for a meet up! I'll be itching to get the boat out after it gets its wash, wax, polish and ceramic coating done this week. We have not been out in about 7 months! We love pulling up and hanging out at beaches or sandbars and also love to hit up all the waterfront restaurants around the area.

FSUjmm

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Quick Question. For those of you that live in SWFL. So Cape Coral, Fort Myers etc, who are you using for service? I spoke with Walkers Marine off of Del Prado Blvd S and they said they can do the service needed for my FSH (10 hr break in etc.)

Can anyone recommend a better place or am i good to use them? Thank you for your time!

Judge

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
275SD
Boat Length
Quick Question. For those of you that live in SWFL. So Cape Coral, Fort Myers etc, who are you using for service? I spoke with Walkers Marine off of Del Prado Blvd S and they said they can do the service needed for my FSH (10 hr break in etc.)

Can anyone recommend a better place or am i good to use them? Thank you for your time!
I am planning to use Walkers. I tried to buy a '22 275SD from them last summer but they didn't have anything. They were nice enough not to even take my money for a deposit because deliveries were so screwed up. I ended up buying one of the last 275SD's to role off the assembly line up in New York.

I asked them if they would do my service and they said they would.... but I wouldn't get prioritized like their direct customers. I ended up buying the 4-Year YES Warranty from them back in December so I would be a direct customer.

I won't get my boat in the water until October after Ian damaged our marina and a trip we have planned this summer to Alaska. But I plan to use them for my 10 Hour Service.... hopefully in late October.

If you are going by water, there is a bridge you need to go under. My 275SD has an 8 1/2' bridge clearance and they said I should be good.

Judge

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
275SD
Boat Length
I would love to get together with everyone from around this area for a meet up! I'll be itching to get the boat out after it gets its wash, wax, polish and ceramic coating done this week. We have not been out in about 7 months! We love pulling up and hanging out at beaches or sandbars and also love to hit up all the waterfront restaurants around the area.
I'm in the Cape too. I live down at Tarpon Point where the Westin is located.

I just got a 275SD last summer but it isn't in the water because Tarpon Point Marina is closed and under repair after Ian. I'm actually thinking about rack storing at MarineMax off of McGregor. Another guy from Ft Myers on here also has a 275SD and he stores his boat there.

I probably won't get it into water until October since I will be gone all summer on a trip to Alaska but my wife and I would love to hang out with other Yamaha owners in the area.

We hit Sanibel, Lovers Key, Keewaydin Island and looking to explore other places and also hit the local restaurants on the water.... especially now that more have opened back up.

Stay in touch!

Chris

Judge

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
275SD
Boat Length
Im in NE Cape and have been using the Pineland Marina boat ramp. Would be nice to find one in the same area that is not as busy. I really like the Rosen park large double ramp there but its to far to drive all the way back south thru the river.

Hope to see you all out there. Saw a dual console Sunday out near Cayo area.
There was a nice ramp at the Cape Coral Beach next to the Cape Cora Yacht Club. That's all closed still since the hurricane. Plus the city had plans to close the area to redo the back, park and Yacht Club so that will be out of commission for a while. I think they were saying it was a two year project.

There is a ramp at Cape Harbor, which would get you to Sanibel in 20 minutes but parking there is horrendous.

Judge

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
275SD
Boat Length
Anyone been out in Southwest Florida lately? The last three days here have been darn near perfect.... but still a little hot approaching 90. Light winds and seas 1ft or less has made for some great boating anyway.

After waiting a year to get the 275SD in the water that I bought right before Ian, I finally gave up on Tarpon Point Marina and got rack storage at MarineMax / Deep Lagoon in Fort Myers.

I put on over 100 miles Thursday and Friday and another 52 miles today. One things about going out in the Gulf is that you the miles and time can fly by pretty quick.

I love the boat so far and taking it in Thursday for the 10-hour service. I'm just not going to be able to keep putting on as many miles every trip. The first 100 miles was $400 in fuel. Those twin SVHO's are fun but they are THIRSTY!

Attachments

Ky2fl22

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Anyone been out in Southwest Florida lately? The last three days here have been darn near perfect.... but still a little hot approaching 90. Light winds and seas 1ft or less has made for some great boating anyway.

After waiting a year to get the 275SD in the water that I bought right before Ian, I finally gave up on Tarpon Point Marina and got rack storage at MarineMax / Deep Lagoon in Fort Myers.

I put on over 100 miles Thursday and Friday and another 52 miles today. One things about going out in the Gulf is that you the miles and time can fly by pretty quick.

I love the boat so far and taking it in Thursday for the 10-hour service. I'm just not going to be able to keep putting on as many miles every trip. The first 100 miles was $400 in fuel. Those twin SVHO's are fun but they are THIRSTY!
We’re on a saltwater canal in SE Cape Coral. We go out all the time, and frequently stop at Tarpon Point for lunch and gas. It would be awesome to have a jet boat meet up at some point!

I have a 242SE and it drinks gas, so I can only imagine what you pay. :)

Judge

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
275SD
Boat Length
We’re on a saltwater canal in SE Cape Coral. We go out all the time, and frequently stop at Tarpon Point for lunch and gas. It would be awesome to have a jet boat meet up at some point!

I have a 242SE and it drinks gas, so I can only imagine what you pay. :)

We live in Tarpon Point so I'll have to keep an eye for your 242!

The plan was to have the boat here in the marina but a year after Ian and the Marina is a train wreck and still not open. I don't think it will reopen before the end of the year. I gave up waiting and got into MarineMax / Deep Lagoon and rack storing my 275SD. So far it has been a good experience and only adding about 10 minutes down the river to reach marker 92 and considering the no wake commutes in / out of the channels are about a wash.

Later this week the weather looks to go downhill for several days so I think I'm going to try and push my 10hr service out a week. Looks like thunderstorms and 10 - 20mph winds on Thursday when I have it scheduled so I don't really want to be on the water then.

Maybe we could meet up at the Sanibel Lighthouse Beach once the good weather returns?

Ky2fl22

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Sounds good to me! We’re always down for a good time. We have a US and a blue Air Force flag on the back. No name for the boat, haven’t come up with anything yet, but I do like “No Drama”. Lol

I do need to get some work done to the boat, both of my clean out ports are stuck and I can’t get them out for some reason. I bought rebuilt kits from Jet Boat Pilot, so I need to figure out how to get these out at some point.

But yeah, anytime is good with us! Maybe we can get a few more to join us. -Josh

Ericd

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I’m a little south and head out into the Gulf thru San Carlos Pass. When I get back here in Dec (snowbirds) would be great to meet up. I bought my 210 FSH from Walkers and used them for my 10 hr service. They have some warranty parts to install when I get back — storage cabinet frames (cracked because over tightened screws). I had a mobile guy install my Garmin Echomap - Brayton Hoosier Marine. He did a great job. Can’t wait to get back.

Judge

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
275SD
Boat Length
I’m a little south and head out into the Gulf thru San Carlos Pass. When I get back here in Dec (snowbirds) would be great to meet up. I bought my 210 FSH from Walkers and used them for my 10 hr service. They have some warranty parts to install when I get back — storage cabinet frames (cracked because over tightened screws). I had a mobile guy install my Garmin Echomap - Brayton Hoosier Marine. He did a great job. Can’t wait to get back.
How do you like Walkers?

I wanted to buy my 275 from them back in July / August 2022 but they couldn't get anything and I bought it out of state. I did buy my YES Warranty through them so they would treat me as if I bought a boat from them.

I'm supposed to take it into Walkers for the 10hr service on Thursday... but I'm going to reschedule. The weather looks bad with Thunderstorms and 10 - 20mph winds and I have to take it in via the river.

I installed an Echomap UHD2 9" a few weeks ago and love it! I also installed Lectrotabs and they were well worth the time and money to install. They make a huge difference when the Gulf gets choppy or there is a lot of boat wake out there near the channels. We went down to Barefoot Beach on Friday and Saturday to hang out.