• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Help! Is my battery switch wiring wrong?

davetk05

Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
On my 2009 232 yamaha jet, I have a battery switch. It seems like the number 1 battery is not connected. I assumed a failed battery switch and looked on amazon for a new switch. What I see for a switch and how to wire it shows for a twin motor setup like our yamaha boats that 1 red cable goes to battery 1, 1 red cable goes to battery 2 and 1 black cable goes to battery one. These 3 cables are all connected to the battery switch. Next there is another black cable that connects from the negative post on battery 1 to battery 2. This is a conventional wiring line up that I saw online in a few places. On my boat, I have 2 red and 2 black cables coming off the battery switch, i set going to each battery. So the question is, is my boat switch wired correctly or did someone wire my batteries wrong? I have only had the boat 2 seasons and am finally getting around to dealing with this battery issue. Please advise...what do you guys see on your 230 or 232 boats? Either Yamaha has a different wiring line up and I have a bad switch or my battery wiring is wrong. Thanks for your help