• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Help me please

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
That is a definite loss of ignition signal IMO. If you have good juice, and your port is connected right alongside the starboard, and you have zero corrosion, then you need to look at any other cable connection for the port, switch, and any interlocks, like the lanyard switch or clean out switch. Is it totally dead now, or can you wiggle it and get some tach or lights?

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
If you can get something, then it has to be in the ignition switch, but remember, every wire connection has two ends, not just one at the switch. Ringing this out would be better, but I doubt you have the meters there to test the length of every circuit in question.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
You are definitely dealing with "won't turn over AND won't start", meaning that it is affecting at least ignition, but you won't know if start signal is blocked without ringing it out until you fix the ignition block. It is going to include ignition and probably the source of it.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Yes, that lanyard has a fork that slips between a very tight plunger head and the body of the unit. Separation completes the circuit, and if the lanyard is pulled, it breaks it. It has been known to fail for one but not both engines. If you can get a feeler gauge in there with it, maybe additional separation will confirm it.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Simple, but giggle the throttle handle while trying to start the port. That neutral switch could also be a culprit...

Marvin willis

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
For a temp fix could I run a wire from one starter to the other to start it with one ignition

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
There are a bunch, and I mean a bunch, of safety systems on these boats. And I can't tell you that you can bypass them without affecting something, that is beyond my knowledge of it. But you may be able to. We don't have starter leads. We only have two cables from each battery to each engine. And the other starter wiring is internal but it has it.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I have an '07 MR-1 HO manual, and a '11 1.8L manual, but I don't have an '05. Is it an HO? could be the same and I can send you pages. Actually, look at your conversations...

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Hmm...the right ignition is the master and may control the lights. Do you have depth finder and other accessories? Check the fuse in the battery compartment that goes to the positive battery post. I don't think it has anything to do with them, but check continuity.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
did you get the conversation from me, I sent you a key.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
It has to do with ignition even if it isn't the switch itself. Going to have to find out where your broken. It could still be the lanyard switch.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Marvin, I have to run. I will try to check back in awhile. Follow the ignition and download what I sent you and look at it. It will help to isolate. Hope to hear that you found it when I return!

jawsf16

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Pull the lanyard switch p,with a pair of vise grips to make sure it is not compressing. Double check connections behind he lanyard switch too..

Marvin willis

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I pulled up on the lanyard. That didn't help. Put a new depth finder in a month ago. It works fine