• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Help me please

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Since you mentioned leaving the ignition on while trailering, A bad solenoid would make sense.

I would think that that part would be the same as many wave runners out there. It should be relatively easy to find at a dealer or maybe a rental shop.

As far as the cleanout hatch latch. You might be able to use one from a floor storage compartment (if they're interchangeable on your boat) to get you by until you get home.

cwoav8r

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
If that is what @Marvin willis is looking for.... I replaced the two on my swim platform with black Attwood latches, they have lasted much longer that the OEM latches... (Hope they were not sourced from Attwood, 'cause that will make me look stoopid...) I bought one locking and one non locking from West to prevent clean out plug theft, who would have thought that would have been a problem, but it has happened... best link I can find at the moment for sourcing an aftermarket part:

http://greatlakesskipper.com/catalogsearch/result/index/?dir=desc&manufacturer=1209&order=relevance&q=T+Handle+Boat+Lift+Hatch&x=0&y=0

Perko makes 'em too... here is the whole list:

http://greatlakesskipper.com/catalogsearch/result/?order=relevance&dir=desc&q=T+Handle+Boat+Lift+Hatch&x=0&y=0

Search some more, you might fine 'em, cheaper.

Marvin willis

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Anything wrong with riding with one motor. I have a valve installed on the cooling line and is shut off. The boat will still plane out with one motor

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Go for it. The only issue would be if you did not have the valve installed.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
@Marvin willis if that hatch lock is what is causing the engines clean out switch to open and killing both the ignition and starter circuit, why not rob the hatch lock from another compartment and get back on the water? The lock on those may be common to ski and anchor locker latches, although I am not certain on your boat model. Anything to hold the locker closed, and you can leave the plunger on the clean out kill switch alone, and just tape a dime or nickel to take up more space if necessary until you get the right latch. At least your good to go with 2 motors then.

Steelerville

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I had to adjust mine. The hatch lock on one side was to sloppy and not allowing contact. I replaced it with the anchor lock.

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Is this the same latch?

image.jpg

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
The ones I ordered for 2007 are for a 2 1/2" opening and are overall 3" in diameter.

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That's great!!! Glad to hear.

Eric Popper

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks. No spare. There is an extra 3 amp but no 20.

Next question. I don't have the picture with me to see how to pinch off the water lines.

Can someone send the pic?

jasoraso

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Eric - check your other thread