• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Help Needed. 2023 195s Fuel Tank Issues

Kong26

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
I would appreciate any and all advice. Got home today and my garage smelled like gas where my boat is being stored. I filled the tank and added Stabil about 2 weeks ago and haven’t done anything in the boat since other than walk around in it. I took a look at the fuel tank and there is definitely gas coming out around the fuel sender and packing seal. Pictures attached. I think the seal might be bad and/or theres too much gas in the tank.

So I tried to use an extractor to get some gas out. I didn’t get any gas out and an extension piece from the extractor got stuck in gas line/tank.

Not really sure what to do now other than taking to the dealer which isn’t close. I would try to disconnect the fuel line from the tank but I think gas will spill everywhere. Same thing with the fuel sender.

Attachments

• IMG_4057.jpeg
    IMG_4057.jpeg
    310.9 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_4052.jpeg
    IMG_4052.jpeg
    366.2 KB · Views: 30
Gas smell was worse today and puddle was larger on top of the fuel tank. I unscrewed the fuel sender and pumped about 3 gallons. One of the screw holes seemed a little off. And the gasket has a small rip on the inside but I don’t think that would cause the leak. I pumped out about 3 gallons to lower the level. I think I need to pump out more to deal with the stuck tube.

I bought the camera to go down the fuel line. It worked awesome. Might only work a week but definitely worked. I can’t get the video to upload but the pic shows the tube is stuck at the end of the fuel line by a valve.

Not sure if it would be easier to push the tube into the tank and try to fish it out or try to disconnect the fuel line from the tank and try to pull it out?

Attachments

• Image-1.jpeg
    Image-1.jpeg
    161.8 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_4062.png
    IMG_4062.png
    481.1 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_4059.jpeg
    IMG_4059.jpeg
    470.9 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_4058.jpeg
    IMG_4058.jpeg
    405 KB · Views: 20
Your boat is a 2023 ? If so I’d be taking that back to the dealer. Those inserts for the sender look messed up too. Im assuming you used the boat this season and no leaks?

There was a thread a while back from a guy with a 195 FSH who had a similar issue, the tanks in the FSH boats are all aluminum, and the dealer ended up replacing the fuel tank.

And if they try to charge you for removing the extractor pipe tell them you had to make the boat safe for travel and the only way to do so was to remove fuel and the seal had not been defective from the factory then that wouldn’t have happened.

Thanks for the response! Yes, it’s a 2023. I used the boat all summer with no problems. 2 weeks ago was the first time I filled the tank all the way full. I agree taking it to the dealer is probably the best move. The dealer where I bought the boat is 2 hours away. Theres a Yamaha dealer closer but I feel like they will be less accommodating to my situation since I didn’t buy the boat from them.

Thanks for the response! Yes, it’s a 2023. I used the boat all summer with no problems. 2 weeks ago was the first time I filled the tank all the way full. I agree taking it to the dealer is probably the best move. The dealer where I bought the boat is 2 hours away. Theres a Yamaha dealer closer but I feel like they will be less accommodating to my situation since I didn’t buy the boat from them.

Then the closer dealer should have been more accommodating and you would have bought your boat from them.

I know what you mean about making the drive…my closest dealer is 6 hours away. Give your purchasing dealer a call, specifically call your salesman and tell him or her your issue. If he or she is worth their salt they will speak with their service dept and pave the way for a speedy fix. I don’t see any reason why this job cannot be fixed while you wait if you make arrangements in advance.

unsafe to tow, dealer pays for a rollback.

Back