• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Hey guys more questions on lx2000

Fastjet

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LX
Boat Length
1st question sending unit on manifold looks like it goes inside power box on bulkhead or unplugs ware I can’t see do I have to cut wires to bring it inside to test ohms 2nd pulled manifold off small 6”hose clogged solid and nipple ware it hooks to manifold clogged also then I removed the 8 r so 3/8 screws to split the chamber apart does it have to twist to split see lil tabs on it like for tapping to split any tips appreciated guys ty I’m pecking away at it hopefully get to ride it soon more that a block lol

the MfM

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
If you’re finding clogged cooling lines I’d assume the sending unit did it’s job and is working fine. I wouldn’t worry about checking the resistance (you would have to cut the wires or get into the box behind the engine which is not the easiest area to work)

Sounds like you are trying to get the muffler expansion chamber off? There are alignment dowels so you need to pry it apart at the little tabs about a 1/4” before you can remove. The gaskets stick together so it might take a bit of force...but it won’t twist out because of the dowel pins...you need to pry the two parts away from each other.

Most of the major engine/exhaust parts have alignment dowels and tabs to pry them apart.

Fastjet

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LX
Boat Length
If you’re finding clogged cooling lines I’d assume the sending unit did it’s job and is working fine. I wouldn’t worry about checking the resistance (you would have to cut the wires or get into the box behind the engine which is not the easiest area to work)

Sounds like you are trying to get the muffler expansion chamber off? There are alignment dowels so you need to pry it apart at the little tabs about a 1/4” before you can remove. The gaskets stick together so it might take a bit of force...but it won’t twist out because of the dowel pins...you need to pry the two parts away from each other.

Most of the major engine/exhaust parts have alignment dowels and tabs to pry them apart.
Hey thnx a lot mfm dats what I figured about switch didn’t want to get into ebox lol and yes I see the tabs in pic below rite I thought they were to tap around to spin off ty for heads up on that one don’t look like it take much to crack them off any places u find parts for these things at descent price look like I’ll need few gaskets goin back together ty again man

Attachments

the MfM

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other

Fastjet

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LX
Boat Length
? If ya don’t mind the 3 holes on part in pics I cleaned them but wondering in the one that sticks out most was it only supposed to come out side r like the rest not sure I may have to block it back off if so ty

Fastjet

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LX
Boat Length
? If ya don’t mind the 3 holes on part in pics I cleaned them but wondering in the one that sticks out most was it only supposed to come out side r like the rest not sure I may have to block it back off if so ty
Sry if I send this allready

84rzv500r

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
check the exhaust hoses down stream of the exhaust pipe if these holes get plugged not only will the thermal switch trigger but the exhaust gases are hot enough to damage or burn through the rubber hoses to the water boxes