• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Holder of the Scupper Wrenches

Woodchuck

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I just finished my replacement today. Went mostly smooth. I have the wrench below. For my 07 210, the wrench did not work. It hit the exhaust outlet before moving far enough to give me the next flat to move to. I had to use good old fashioned wrenches. It worked although a few more choice words were thrown in but its done.

A shout out to @justason for the help today in the driveway. Thanks!!!

PM me if someone needs the wrench and I will get it out right away.

View attachment 18969

View attachment 18970
Waterboy, do you think your problem was 210 related? I need a wrench to do my 2007 sx230.

waterboy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
you will probably be fine. @justason used the same wrench on his 08 212x and did not have any problems. He commented about how the routing of the exhaust was different in his. Go for it. If you have problems, you get to use channel locks like I did.

waterboy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Shipped wrench to @Woodchuck . I am wrench free.

I got 2 other requests for the wrench so there are several guys wanting to knock this job out this spring. Keep the wrenches moving everyone. Get out in those garages and get working on the boats!!! Boating seasons approaching :thumbsup:

GTBRMC

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Shipped wrench to @Woodchuck . I am wrench free.

I got 2 other requests for the wrench so there are several guys wanting to knock this job out this spring. Keep the wrenches moving everyone. Get out in those garages and get working on the boats!!! Boating seasons approaching :thumbsup:
Itching to do exactly that. However, it is 29 degrees (F) here today.
I learned the hard way last October installing an amp that my aging hands REALLY do not like doing boat mods in the cold, no matter how much good it does for my soul. :eek::rage:

JetPowered

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Send them wrenches South! Boating season is about to begin here. I need to get this scupper replaced ASAP.

I do feel for you guys up north. Heck, I grew up in the mountains of Colorado and have seen enough snow to gag a Yeti. The weather here in San Antonio has been cold and wet here until just recently.

ToddW850

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
@JetPowered I've got my new scupper in hand, along with one of the scupper wrenches. My plan is to have mine done before Friday. If you've got your Scupper in hand, I'd be glad to send your way.

JetPowered

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Well, it's on the counter. ;) @ToddW850 that would be fantastic. Installing perfect pass as we speak. Got to keep these projects going. I'll pm you my address.

ToddW850

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Got my Scupper replaced last night and will be sending the wrench out. Not sure I would have tackled this job, if not for this FORUM! But I already knew all the steps and what to expect and it went like clock work. JetBoaters.net Forum and members are worth their weight in gold.

On a side note, I replaced all my SS Clamps inside the transom. Last summer I found a broken one in the bottom, on the floor. Glad I switched all these out, because I found 2 more broken ones yesterday, and another one broke while I was unscrewing it. I would highly recommend y'all checking/replacing yours if you have a few years on your boat....and possibly in salt water. I'm guessing the salt water contributed.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
And welcome aboard @737driver . Glad to have you here on the forum...gee, what do you do for a living?;)

737driver

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I am guessing the same thing as you! Hopefully you haven't had to use your boat to get to the airport this last week. I am a MDW based convert from AirTran.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I'm an AA -800 driver. Huge amount of weather this year around this area, causing both issues on lakes and at homes as well as flying issues.

Outlaws

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252S
Boat Length
I have an '07 SX 210, which scupper model would fit my boat?

ToddW850

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I have an '07 SX 210, which scupper model would fit my boat?
@Outlaws you and I have the same year boat. If you go with the Attwood brand it's #665533. I found the best price for it on Amazon with free shipping.

Lspeedss

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Glad to see this still lives on..

scot71

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Just an FYI. If you need to change your scupper but don't want to wait on the community wrenches.

This wrench can be bought at Menards for $10.00 in the plumbing dept. It works pretty well.20150604_185745.jpg