• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Holder of the Scupper Wrenches

justason

Jetboaters Admiral
SWAG Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Thanks Bruce, Brian, message sent.

Lspeedss

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Who was it that said there is a historical fact of 17% on OE plastic scuppers have been found cracked or broken? 17%!!!

Lspeedss

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Lextacy03

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I can take a picture tonight when I get home and upload it.

Lextacy03

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Lspeedss I am having trouble getting the photo to load. If you PM me your address I can send it to you. It's rough cut from steel with no sharp edges.

Lspeedss

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks man but No don't send me the wrench.. I already have one in the system and a ss scupper installed..I just thought a pic on the thread would be good for folks to recognize Your contribution..

jasoraso

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I'd love to borrow the wrench ... my nephew lost the flapper when cleaning the boat; must be a sign ... :)

Lextacy03

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
You guys have your own Flapper ? Where do I employ one of these @jasoraso

justason

Jetboaters Admiral
SWAG Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
IF someone is in a pinch and really needs one, I have made one out of aluminum, but I made it really really fast as the 3m sealant was already drying. It's ugly as that one cousin ya'll have that no one talks about, after being droped from a building. And then something else hideous mixed in. I guess I could at least shave the burrs off it if I"m gonna offer it. Worked great to have some plate aluminum laying around though...

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

96Pirate

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I would like to add my name to the list. If possible I would like to have for the 8/9 weekend. If that doesn't work, then however soon after that. Trying to get it replaced before leaving the boat in the water for a few days over Labor Day weekend.

@justason If you still have @Lspeedss wrench, that might make sense regionally. I might even be able to meet you for lunch sometime to save on the shipping costs if you want.

If I am not next on the list, that's fine too.

BTW...how long is it taking everyone to replace? Just trying to gauge whether it can be completed at night after work.

Thanks!

justason

Jetboaters Admiral
SWAG Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Done deal @96Pirate send me the address of your house or a favorite bar between the two of us !

.. I'm embarrassed to say I still haven't done this and plan to move it to a winter project.....

there is a FAQ on the task that is quite helpful....that's been printed out and on my workbench so long now its FADING !!

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I would like to add my name to the list. If possible I would like to have for the 8/9 weekend. If that doesn't work, then however soon after that. Trying to get it replaced before leaving the boat in the water for a few days over Labor Day weekend.

@justason If you still have @Lspeedss wrench, that might make sense regionally. I might even be able to meet you for lunch sometime to save on the shipping costs if you want.

If I am not next on the list, that's fine too.

BTW...how long is it taking everyone to replace? Just trying to gauge whether it can be completed at night after work.

Thanks!
Here is my scupper replacement thread Replacing Yamaha SX230 Scupper Valve .

I would guess that it is a two to four hour project as long as you everything ready. I already had the bilge open for other projects and did not close it until after I water tested the install after the caulk cured.

Lextacy03

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I still have a wrench sitting in my tool box ready to go as well.

Lspeedss

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Here is my scupper replacement thread Replacing Yamaha SX230 Scupper Valve .

I would guess that it is a two to four hour project as long as you everything ready. I already had the bilge open for other projects and did not close it until after I water tested the install after the caulk cured.
Yep it helps just to have a helper hold the scupper from outside I hear. Wear long sleaves and gloves. Use dawn to slide your manifold rubber back on. Good luck