• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

How I Replaced Yamaha's AIRMAR Transducer for half the cost (WITH PICTURES)

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Good to know that in 174 years i will still be able to get one for my antique.

jpdaley1026

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
hahah right. I’m not sure what to do. I checked man websites and not many really show the stock status like Hodges. Called and online chat all day out of stock and back ordered. Some are guessing in 4 weeks but we all know that’s probably not right.

if anyone knows where to get one ordered today please let me know
Yea, thats why I went with the DST-810. I know its not dead-on balls accurate, but, again, it's close enough for me, and the alarm has stopped. And they are available everywhere, even Amazon. Hodges Marine has 8 in stock. Obviously its " use at your own risk". Its just nice not to hear that beeping every couple of minutes and have something to go by as far as depth. Looks like the OEM one's may not even be in this year, at least during boating season.

shankska

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Yea, thats why I went with the DST-810. I know its not dead-on balls accurate, but, again, it's close enough for me, and the alarm has stopped. And they are available everywhere, even Amazon. Hodges Marine has 8 in stock. Obviously its " use at your own risk". Its just nice not to hear that beeping every couple of minutes and have something to go by as far as depth. Looks like the OEM one's may not even be in this year, at least during boating season.
yeha true. I almost went that route, but I have a 18 LSE and dont need the DST. My understanding is the DST is, depth, speed, temp. I only have the DT, depth and temp. I get my speed from my GPS. I remember looking at the transducer on bottom of my boat, and nothing sticks out, its pretty flush. If I got the DST810, I would have the wheel "sticking" out. Not that its a huge deal, but wanted to try to get whats needed first.

Then I also started looking at the tilt degree and trying to understanding the difference there. I still dont quite fully understand it. I know whats in mine is apparently at 20 degree tilt. The DST810 doesnt really say, but states supports 0 to 22 degree transom deadrise. I dont really need 100% accurate, but close would be nice. I use mine to fish some times and need to be in certain depth for my fishing.

jpdaley1026

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Maybe chk this out at " the GPS store"
Airmar NMEA 2k Smart Sensor Thru-hull with 20 degree Tilt
  • MAN#DT820PV-235-N2
  • ID#: 2227
May be available other places as well. I haven't done all the research, but saw this , and is depth and temp only. This may work for you. Need to make sure it will fit in your current config. Good luck

shankska

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Here is the different ones

Correct one:
View attachment 176494

Wrong one:
View attachment 176496
@Neutron are you sure about right and wrong here? I might be guinea pig to test this as I cant find the "garmin" version. Other than diff skus, it appears they are possibly the same unit? one is garmin branded, one is airmar. Unless you know something specifically different and curious why you stated this?

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Neutron are you sure about right and wrong here? I might be guinea pig to test this as I cant find the "garmin" version. Other than diff skus, it appears they are possibly the same unit? one is garmin branded, one is airmar. Unless you know something specifically different and curious why you stated this?
Like i stated before, there is no confirmation that the other part number will work. If you want to be the guinea pig, by all means go right ahead. I have seen that number available a lot, why? If it was compatible i would think it would be out of stock as well. I guess you could call Airmar to see what the difference is and if it will work but my gut tells me otherwise since its available

shankska

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Like i stated before, there is no confirmation that the other part number will work. If you want to be the guinea pig, by all means go right ahead. I have seen that number available a lot, why? If it was compatible i would think it would be out of stock as well. I guess you could call Airmar to see what the difference is and if it will work but my gut tells me otherwise since its available
ok good. Glad I asked.
Honestly I was having a hard time finding this one in stock and available as well. Found one on eBay new in box. I’ll report back with pics, PNs, etc and if this works or not in my 18 242 LSE.

Jimmers

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Guys, my N2K error code popped up yesterday on both tachs! I have read through all these posts and am still confused. I have a 2012 SX240. Depth gauge, no wake mode and water temperature appear to be the only things not working. Will replacing this transducer with the 010-11105-00 fix that? It appears that this component is in the engine compartment. Does inmyElement or anyone else have more pictures from farther away showing the installed location of both ends of the defective or replaced transducer? I am not the handiest guy around but generally I can remove/replace something if I can see it! Thanks for all the previous research.

Sccala

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Guys, my N2K error code popped up yesterday on both tachs! I have read through all these posts and am still confused. I have a 2012 SX240. Depth gauge, no wake mode and water temperature appear to be the only things not working. Will replacing this transducer with the 010-11105-00 fix that? It appears that this component is in the engine compartment. Does inmyElement or anyone else have more pictures from farther away showing the installed location of both ends of the defective or replaced transducer? I am not the handiest guy around but generally I can remove/replace something if I can see it! Thanks for all the previous research.
I will admit I’m starting to get confused on this thread! LOL… What’s the difference between the DT800 (010-11105-00) and the DST-810? My additional question is… If my boat does not have a digital display screen but rather has the old-school round dash mounted gauges… Will these Garmin aftermarket replacement transducers still show depth on the round gauge? I have read that these transducers work in conjunction with a Garmin app that shows depth. I don’t want to have to keep referring back to an app on my phone just to know depth. That’s too much going on at once while trying to drive the boat. My additional question is… If my boat does not have a digital display screen but rather has the old-school round dash mounted gauges… Will these Garmin aftermarket replacement transducers still show depth on the round gauge? The reason I ask is I have seen that these transducers work in conjunction with a Garmin app that shows depth. I don’t want to have to keep referring back to an app on my phone just to no depth. That’s too much going on at once while trying to drive the boat. The reason I’m not sure if this works with the old-school gauges is that from looking at the packaging of the Garmin transducer‘s… I do not see any wiring connections that match up with the “clip on“ connections that the OEM wiring has.

jpdaley1026

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
The main difference between the 2 , is that the DT800 has a built in 20 deg tilt to allow for dead rise of hull, and the DST-810 does not. It is a 0 deg ducer. The depth will be slightly off at shallow depth. Of course the deeper you get the more it will be off. I would guess that if you currently have that DT800 (010-11105-00) installed on your boat and it shows depth on your gauges, that the 810 would too. The connection to the boat requires the MOD at the beginning of this thread. I am not familiar with the older model boats.
Btw, just called my dealer yesterday to chk on the one I have on order... new date is 10/23. That will be almost 2yrs since putting it on order. Thats nuts, and why I went with something else.

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Some of you are getting ahead of yourselves this thread was started by the OP to show that on his boat with a connext system that this will work. Read his post thoroughly. There is no mention is it will work on other years or models. Of you do the research and your part number is identical then good chances it COULD work.
He clearly stated its not a direct plug and play to his boat. Wiring is required.
Do doing this is at your own risk if it is a different year and model.
Please read his post and do some research to verify it your year and model has the same exact part number. Then go from there on what ways to proceed

shankska

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
ok, an update on my side. I purchased the other model number of the DT800 for my 18 242 LSE. This is the airmar branded transducer, not the garmin branded.

PN # 44-200-4-01 on the sticker on the transducer cable. Wish I knew the third digit meaning. It looks like our stock ones from yamaha are either 1 or 2 for the third digit. First w are the same, 44-200.

Customer Part #: DT820PV-235-N2

Top of the transducer looks the same. shows 20 degree tilt image and same numbers/airmar 20-635-01.

I have purchased the same NMEA cable and plugs right into this transducer as well. I have cut off my yamaha factory transducer connector and spliced this piggy back cable in prep to install this new one.

I plan to go down to my lake house next Friday and should get it installed sometime over the weekend and let everyone know if this works or not. wish me luck.

Attachments

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
ok, an update on my side. I purchased the other model number of the DT800 for my 18 242 LSE. This is the airmar branded transducer, not the garmin branded.

PN # 44-200-4-01 on the sticker on the transducer cable. Wish I knew the third digit meaning. It looks like our stock ones from yamaha are either 1 or 2 for the third digit. First w are the same, 44-200.

Customer Part #: DT820PV-235-N2

Top of the transducer looks the same. shows 20 degree tilt image and same numbers/airmar 20-635-01.

I have purchased the same NMEA cable and plugs right into this transducer as well. I have cut off my yamaha factory transducer connector and spliced this piggy back cable in prep to install this new one.

I plan to go down to my lake house next Friday and should get it installed sometime over the weekend and let everyone know if this works or not. wish me luck.
I called Airmar a day ago and their tech said that from what he can tell, the garmin dt800 and the Airmar dt800 should be the same. Both made by Airmar just garmen puts their own out there for some reason. He said as long as they are both Nmea2000

shankska

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I called Airmar a day ago and their tech said that from what he can tell, the garmin dt800 and the Airmar dt800 should be the same. Both made by Airmar just garmen puts their own out there for some reason. He said as long as they are both Nmea2000
thanks for calling them. That's great to hear. I just went on a whim with this as I am no expert on this but def interesting seeing the numbers and pictures all looked the same. Have me feeling a little better about this when I hook her up. Especially since this is the only one I could find on eBay available

CJ06XLT

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I just replaced the transducer in my 2019 AR210 with the DST810 and can confirm it works on my boat. The speed and depth are a little off, but they are adjustable via Bluetooth and the cell phone app.

ToxicVT

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
My 2019 242x was reporting errors connecting to the transducer and beeping non-stop this weekend so it looks like this will be my next project. Does anyone know if the oem transducer just uses a Yamaha engine bus connector instead of a nmea connector? It looks like you can buy a Yamaha engine bus to nmea patch cable GARMIN Yamaha Engine Bus to J1939 Adapter Cable | West Marine

Last edited:

shankska

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
My 2019 242x was reporting errors connecting to the transducer and beeping non-stop this weekend so it looks like this will be my next project. Does anyone know if the oem transducer just uses a Yamaha engine bus connector instead of a nmea connector? It looks like you can buy a Yamaha engine bus to nmea patch cable https://www.westmarine.com/buy/garmin--yamaha-engine-bus-to-j1939-adapter-cable--19089283
ya good point. The link is not working so check that want to see it. Idk if it’s called bus connector but would make sense if there’s an adaptor instead of having to splice this

jpdaley1026

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
West Marine Model # 19089283 | Mfg # 010-12770-00 ..
GARMIN–Yamaha Engine Bus to J1939 Adapter Cable

shankska

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Amazon has it too. If anyone buys and tries this out, let us know if it works. I already have mine spliced ready to plug it in when I get down to my place or I'd give this a shot.

shankska

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Confirmed airmar branded transducer works as well!
Here is pick of old one and model number after I pulled it out today.
I was able to remove old and install new without removing the icebox. Most of the time was spent trying to save the wire and then installing the wire back on the new one. Pain in the ass but I wanted to be sure I installed it right.
I also used some of the marine grease from the old with my finger to Lube up the new o ring

Attachments