• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

How many Fire extinguishers did you get?

ZGhost

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Mine came with two:
1. one in the storage behind the helm
2. one in the batteries storage area

these are part of the dealers preparations and vary depending on what prep fees they charge and their integrity in including the main important and basic requirements. I made sure to ask for 2 extinguishers as well as the two batteries and the battery switches. They also threw in the battery bases with straps. My dealer was out of state, very nice to work with.

biglar155

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Another interesting thing to note is that many fire extinguishers only work when vertical. The fire ports result in the device laying on their side quite a bit, so look for one that works regardless of angle.
Or one with a hose on it that allows the bottle to remain more-or-less vertical.

1588518629906.png

You can see that if you were to lay the bottle on its side, the powder will be laying on the side of the bottle. About halfway through discharge (perhaps less) the discharge tube will no longer be "in" the powder and you'd just be pumping the propellant into the engine compartment.

The hose on the extinguisher pictured is still to short to hold the bottle fully vertical, but it will get you a lot more extinguishing material than laying a small one on its side.