• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

How many guesses it will take to ....

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Correctly state what happened where the attached pictures are concerned?

8A2413BD-9ACA-45A0-9057-8CAF4636014F.jpeg39B969D2-2C2D-41D9-AFEE-95345A7590A7.jpeg

Pulling a tube from the tower

Going through a Drive thru..

Backing into storage area with tower up. Only guessing this because I did it, but thankfully only hit a ceiling fan and it moved..

Low bridge clearance.

Corrosion at the weld and it fell off or hit a tree branch and was knocked off but the weld area looks extremely corroded.

Last edited:
Beside ripping your tow tower ball off, what the heck is all over the seadek matting? Mold?

@Ronnie Are you going to let us know what happened?

Lol i forgot all about this post. Actually @WREKS guesses correctly on day one.

Long story short, last run of the season was with some friends, my friend was at the wheel as we approached a low bridge at speed. I told him to slow down several times but he couldn’t hear me over the engines or music. The tower tow point made contact with the bottom of the bridge and got ripped off.

We stopped and drifted just outside the bridge for a few minutes and the bridge manager sounded the collision alarm once. After we determined that no one was hurt we returned to the dock. The only reason I still have the tow point is because earlier that season my Bimini top shredded and I had to tape parts of the top to the tow point and other parts of the tower to keep it in place while deployed.

my friend who is a self taught welder took a look at it and said he couldn’t weld it back on but felt that it could be done cheap, fast and easily by a shop he referred me to. I just have had or made the time to take the boat there.

currently the hole at the top of the tower is covered by flex tape and the last two times I’ve used the tower I just secured the line to the rear center support of the tower.

honestly, I miss the nav light and satellite radio antennae I lost during that incident more than the tow point. Although i used the nav light less than tower tow point.

Last edited:
What was that collision like? Big smash and jolting or something less?

I wonder how much force it took to rip it off and how many towables it would take to equal that force? ???

Besides the tow point, no other damage to the tower or the fiberglass?

It felt like hitting a low speed bump at high speed in a car or more similarly to hitting a freeway dot (bot’s dot) when changing lanes on the freeway. Not much sound either. Thankfully the only the top and side of the actual tow ball hit the bridge. No other damage to the tower or the fiberglass / gel coat at the tower’s mounting points. Got really lucky that day, I went to church the following day.

Back