• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

How to remove boat mold??

Blakice

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
I’ve recently just bought this boat, thought this mold would clean up with some simple mildew remover. Stain won’t budge at all. Was wondering if y’all had any recommendations on how to remove it or if it’s even possible to remove?

Attachments

jetboater4life

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
That's not mold but rather mildew. Starbrite makes some nice products for mildew. It's pretty harsh on the seats so use it sparingly.

Marvin willis

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Tilex. Let it sit. Reapply if it’s not gone after 5 mins. My first boat was covered in it when I bought it. I made the boat look new. But put some 303 on ur seats after. U need to condition your seats if u want them to last. Trust me it’s an expensive mistake.

Blakice

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
Tilex. Let it sit. Reapply if it’s not gone after 5 mins. My first boat was covered in it when I bought it. I made the boat look new. But put some 303 on ur seats after. U need to condition your seats if u want them to last. Trust me it’s an expensive mistake.
I used marine 31, mean green. Isn’t that the same thing, both contain bleach like tilex but only left it on for like 2 min.

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Agreed on Marine 31 Mildew remover. I think same ingredients as tile cleaner. harsh but effective. I apply 303 after to try to make up for it.

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Certainly the sun is free. But depending on the type it may or may not remove it. As with all cleaning, you should start from the least aggressive option. But I can vouch for the 31 mildew remover being very effective.

TommyMcK

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
I have found that a very strong mixture of bleach and water in combination with a nice scrub brush works miracles. Way better than any product that I've found, including things like Tilex with bleach in it. Simple, but extremely effective.

johhnyboat

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Marine 31, then use Starbrite vinyl protector when you get the mold / mildew up.

Ozzyj93

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Hey everyone. I’ve only had my boat out on the water once, but it’s got dark streaks on the side. It will mostly fall off but you can still see it lightly. The boat was sitting at the dealer for 6 months before I bought it. Is it time for a wax? Or is there any safe product I can use to remove the streaks completely?

Attachments

NewGuy

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Get LA’s Totally Awesome All-Purpose cleaner spray. It’s like $2.99 at Home Depot and $1.99 at Dollar General. I’ve used EVERYTHING including Vinyl Sauce and much much more expensive products. The stuff is insane. Please report back. Next best is Dawn Platinum Power wash. The rest was a waste to me. Please report back for the group.

Ozzyj93

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Get LA’s Totally Awesome All-Purpose cleaner spray. It’s like $2.99 at Home Depot and $1.99 at Dollar General. I’ve used EVERYTHING including Vinyl Sauce and much much more expensive products. The stuff is insane. Please report back. Next best is Dawn Platinum Power wash. The rest was a waste to me. Please report back for the group.

Is this for the black streaks or are you referring to mold?

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hey everyone. I’ve only had my boat out on the water once, but it’s got dark streaks on the side. It will mostly fall off but you can still see it lightly. The boat was sitting at the dealer for 6 months before I bought it. Is it time for a wax? Or is there any safe product I can use to remove the streaks completely?
That's from the cover, and all the garbage that is washed off it after a rain. Wash your boat down thoroughly with some Dawn or some other stripping wash. Use a clay bar/mitt/sponge to really clean everything off. If there's still issues, there's other threads around here about worse conditions, like these:

@mrcleanr6

Ozzyj93

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
That's from the cover, and all the garbage that is washed off it after a rain. Wash your boat down thoroughly with some Dawn or some other stripping wash. Use a clay bar/mitt/sponge to really clean everything off. If there's still issues, there's other threads around here about worse conditions, like these:

@mrcleanr6
Ah that makes sense… I will try dawn instead and use a sponge. Thank you!

NewGuy

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length

LA’s Totally Awesome does it all. Also, for some weird reason I had much better results with Dawn Power wash versus regular Dawn if you go that route. Combo treatment is still less than $10, so might as well use both.

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
I get the same thing - it's from the cover getting wet. Should wipe off with just about anything, including lake water and your hand.

Ozzyj93

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I get the same thing - it's from the cover getting wet. Should wipe off with just about anything, including lake water and your hand.
It does wipe off, at least most of it, but it still leave the subtle dark streaks on the hull. And it didn’t come off with regular soap