• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

How-To Video: Swap your SHO intercooler to SVHO

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Can you point me to what Y fitting you bought?
You can find them cheaper on Amazon or ebay but I got mine from McMaster Carr. http://www.mcmaster.com/#5463k727/=149kabl. Comes in a pack of 10.

I also got a sample of a reducing Y fitting that goes from 5/8" down to two 1/2" barbs. My thinking is I may run a larger 5/8" ID hose to the single pisser rather than two 1/2" hoses in the future. We'll see but here is the fitting for that http://www.mcmaster.com/#5463k742/=14aj6do

Attachments

Last edited:

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Got the Y fitting installed. I feel better now about the flow of water and no sharp kinks. I ran the boat off the hose and the intercooler posset outlet feels much cooler than the second engine pisser outlet. Granted there's no boost at idle but water is still flowing thru the system and being cooled so that's pretty promising from the get-go compared to stock where both would feel warm after a while on the hose. Can't wait to test the boat Sunday!

Attachments

Last edited:

DBamaC

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
I got my y's today. I'll probably install in the morning. unfortunately I probably won't make it to the lake for testing this weekend. If I do, I'll send you a message @haknslash.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I got my y's today. I'll probably install in the morning. unfortunately I probably won't make it to the lake for testing this weekend. If I do, I'll send you a message @haknslash.
Sounds good buddy just let me know. I'm going tomorrow morning, probably just to Mitchell.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
So how was the difference @haknslash
It (heat soak) was better but not completely gone. Overall the boat felt a little snappier too and I was able to hold higher MPH and RPM than on stock IC. Potential is there. I have video too but need to compile and edit it.

Here's what I wrote in the SX 192 mod thread from my first time out testing the new IC:

"So took the boat out for some testing today with the SVHO intercooler. Water temp was 90 and air temp was 94. Right off the trailer I hit 7600 or a hair more and 49 MPH with Bimini stowed. Boat felt like it had more power but could be butt dyno but it did feel a little stronger thru he RPM range. After about 15 minutes or so my RPM dropped to around 7300 but I was able to keep about 47-48 MPH. Then as cruising I felt a drop in power so I slowed down and opened the engine hatch to find my clamp for the upper charge pipe had come loose from where it goes near the supercharger. Working on a hot ass motor on the water is NOT fun!! Went back to boat dock so I could work on it better and tighten down the clamp.

After that a friend of mine came to ride with me on the lake so we headed out and I got it up to 7300 RPM and 45-47 MPH going upstream against the current with Bimini deployed. Turned around at top of river and headed downstream with current and I hit 7300-7400 at 48 MPH.

SVHO intercooler definitely helps keep the temps down as my pisser was not really warm at all compared to the hot engine pisser. It helped me have a higher top speed even with same RPM's as stock intercooler. Feels a little stronger too. I think my next mod will be ribbon delete and that should get me 200-300 more RPM so that should put me at 7500 consistently all day. So to summarize, there is still some heat soak but nowhere like before. Good mod for those wanting better cooling, performance and a stock look."

Last edited:

Matt J

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Thanks for the detailed write up... Sounds like it's a no brainer for the cost of a used SVHO IC.

skbishop90

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Nice video. I want to do this and the ribbon delete.

Matt J

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Look what showed up today from the UPS man....:D Just have to go get some 1/2 inch hose, etc, before I start the swap out.......

IMG_0799.JPG

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Nice! What's the thing hanging off the back zip-tied? Looks like a bracket but you won't need that.

Matt J

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
:D yea, he even gave me the upper and lower hoses......

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Went out to the lake for some more top speed runs today. Weather was a nice 84 degrees and water temp was 86. Top speed all day was 48-49 MPH (indicated) and RPM's stayed at 7500. No heat soak issues. I took video of the runs and we also did some drag races with an SX240 with ribbon delete. He ran 54 MPG (GPS) today! Uploading the video now.

Next mod is ribbon delete!

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Here's the video:

360dart

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
SamCF and myself did these mods and posted good pics and updates on the mods over a year and a half ago. Check it out under "192MODS".... RUN TWO PISSERS. Don't be scared to make a hole and run another line. There's 2 outlets there for a reason. Use em. I've managed to get 53-54mph out of my 2014 SX192 under cool weather... Read bout it. Cool pics, part numbers, and tips...

webslinger1977

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
SamCF and myself did these mods and posted good pics and updates on the mods over a year and a half ago. Check it out under "192MODS".... RUN TWO PISSERS. Don't be scared to make a hole and run another line. There's 2 outlets there for a reason. Use em. I've managed to get 53-54mph out of my 2014 SX192 under cool weather... Read bout it. Cool pics, part numbers, and tips...
Where's the best place to pick up an extra outlet?

BakedZiti

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Ok guys got a question, anyone using the mcmaster wye fittings. I noticed that existing line had a loose fit with that 1/2in wye, anyone else?