• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

How-To Video: Swap your SHO intercooler to SVHO

Matt J

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@Matt J You are going to really like the boat now.. Still pisses me off that Yamaha I am sure knew about heat soak on our boats for years. But did not address it until years later with the AR 195 Sx195.. Oh well only $125 to $150 dollars and some time, we fixed the issue. Enjoy!
Yep!! For sure...Can't wait to take her out. Couldn't agree more, and I really didn't know about the heat soak issues until after I bought the boat. I told my wife that I wouldn't have bought it knowing of the issue. I am usually much better about researching things before I buy them, but this one slipped through the cracks... Oh well, at least there is a simple low cost fix thank God....

Shannon

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
You got that right.. I would have done the same and waited on the 195. But we should be good to go now! Ready for 90 degree days to really test it out.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Added the bone stock top speed run video to the initial post. I figured it's good to show the direct comparison after the upgrade.

Boat is still running strong even during our heat and humidity this season. :thumbsup:

Matt J

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I took mine down to Cumberland lake in TN over the weekend before the 4th of July and put on 10hrs plus. With four of us on the boat I was still only able to get up to 42-43ish......RPM's are still not even close to reaching 7800. Starting to think there might be something else preventing me from getting better performance. I have never just went out alone to test my boat with the upgraded IC. Not sure at this point it's going to make a huge difference though.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
You should try going out by yourself to see what speeds you get as a baseline. If I have just my wife and 7 year old daughter sitting in the bow will drop my speed 3-4 mph and they weigh less than 180 lbs combined I'd say. If you have people sit in the bow you will be surprised at how much that scrubs speed since more hull is in the water. Boat handles and turns great like that though lol.

What are your RPM's? With SVHO swap and ribbon delete my RPM is usually around 7600. Throughout the day it may drop 100 RPM some days but my top speed remains 49 MPH (gauge indicated).

Last edited:

Matt J

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
You should try going out by yourself to see what speeds you get as a baseline. If I have just my wife and daughter sitting in the bow my speed will drop 3-4 mph and they weigh less than 200 lbs combined I'd say. If you have people sit in the bow you will be surprised at how much that scrubs speed since more hull is in the water. Boat handles and turns great like that though lol.

What are your RPM's? With SVHO swap and ribbon delete my RPM is usually around 7600. Throughout the day it may drop 100 RPM some days but my top speed remains 49 MPH (gauge indicated).
With the four us my RPM's are around 7400 give or take a 100. My daughter usually sits up in the bow, or even two kids sometimes. My kids are teenagers, so my penalties with weight are surely advecting my performance..

Gerardo

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Jet Ski
Boat Length
PWC
I have an SVHO intercooler for sale if anyone is interested.

Streeter

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I reused the stock clamp where the stock hose connects to the wye fitting but as long as you tightened it down good should be fine. I used band clamps in between the intercooler and wye fitting. I check mine at least once every time I'm out and it's been dry. Glad to hear performance is good! Boat should've come this way.
so what was the end result? does a 1/2 wye or a 1/2 to 5/8 wye or a 5/8 wye work best? also just to confirm that 1/2 heater hose works best?

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
so what was the end result? does a 1/2 wye or a 1/2 to 5/8 wye or a 5/8 wye work best? also just to confirm that 1/2 heater hose works best?
I don't have the boat any longer and I think gave the other wye fittings out to others doing the swap so I can't remember the size. A 5/8" would be idea real snug fitl using with a 1/2" heater hose but a 1/2" wye will also work just make sure the worm gear clamps are tight and you'll be fine. I never had any leaks.

chamilton89

Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Jet Ski
Boat Length
PWC
Buddy of mine just got a 2015 Ar192 and it is dog slow. Looking to get the intercooler installed but for whatever reason, doesn't look like the youtube links in the original post are working. Would you mind reposting or PM'ing the links?

Thank you!

Summerweatherlover

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Found a couple links that might be helpful:

This is a recent posting:

This is the original: